Who do you run heroics with?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ekimkis
Realm: Shattered Hand

Re: Who do you run heroics with?

Unread post by Ekimkis »

I use my sporebat! Even as BM. 'Feeding Frenzy' is very powerful and with mobs dying fast it works great, also since our pets tend to take damage especially in the new ICC dungeons, 'cornered' is great. The spore cloud move helps the group out since all enemies get a de-buff, and it just looks plain cool to see a gold cloud everywhere. I approve of the cunning tree for heroics.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Sapphire Hive Queen or Gondria. It depends on which character I'm on. The queen is because of "OMG U R HUNTARD UR PET IS MAKING ME SO I CAMT TARGET U RETARD"

(Actually got that response on several occasions, mostly from ret pallies or warriors, but once from a priest (who was healing). Good times...)

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Ekimkis wrote:since our pets tend to take damage especially in the new ICC dungeons, 'cornered' is great.
This reminds me....

Does it bug anyone else that some healers STILL don't heal hunter pets, even when no one else in the party is taking damage? Drives me up the wall! I, of course, heal pets whenever I can as a healer. :mrgreen:

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

Kalliope; I've gotten to the point where it comes as a major surprise when it happens. However, I am truly blessed in that the healers in my ten man raid group hate seeing anyone die, including hunter pets -- so they keep them alive whenever possible. ^_^ Just one of the many reasons I adore the group I run with!

As for heroics; I have done heroics with all my pets, save for my newly acquired Arcturis. I know my wolf is the 'best' but honestly, I more than pull my weight in groups, I feel I am justified in bringing out my raptor or kitty of the mood strikes. :3 I've certainly never had anyone complain!
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Kalliope wrote:Does it bug anyone else that some healers STILL don't heal hunter pets, even when no one else in the party is taking damage? Drives me up the wall! I, of course, heal pets whenever I can as a healer. :mrgreen:
I have a shaman that heals quite often (read: all the time) and when I don't often heal hunter pets, it's an issue that my UI doesn't show them with party members, not that I don't feel I need to heal them.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm grateful to healers who do keep an eye on my pet, though obviously they fall to the lowest priority rung. Still, a hot every now and then certainly helps alongside with my Mending. :)

I've encountered a few healers who understand that a pet is a large portion of my DPS (especially when you're BM), so letting the pet die is equivalent to losing a lot of the overall DPS.
Ekimkis
Realm: Shattered Hand

Unread post by Ekimkis »

I just keep an eye on my pet's health, or am ready for a quick 'passive' to get pet away. I rarely seen anyone heal my pet lol. But then again, I don't really expect them too.
Kalliope

Ryno wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Does it bug anyone else that some healers STILL don't heal hunter pets, even when no one else in the party is taking damage? Drives me up the wall! I, of course, heal pets whenever I can as a healer. :mrgreen:
I have a shaman that heals quite often (read: all the time) and when I don't often heal hunter pets, it's an issue that my UI doesn't show them with party members, not that I don't feel I need to heal them.
I'm sure you're healing them anyway, though; chain heal is great for that. :D

My pets usually don't die anyway in heroics and I NEVER expect them to get healed in raids. I just grump a bit when targeted stuff, like a disease, poison, or bleed, goes on them and I can't do anything about it.

Your UI doesn't even have an option to show pets? D: Although if that's the situation for a lot of healers, that would explain quite a bit.

YouTube Edition

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Kalliope wrote:Your UI doesn't even have an option to show pets? D: Although if that's the situation for a lot of healers, that would explain quite a bit.
Well, my main healing UI, I use the Grid addon, so no. But for 5 mans I can see pets normally. Not often do I have a moment's reprieve to heal them, but if I do I usually throw in a riptide.

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

Ryno wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Your UI doesn't even have an option to show pets? D: Although if that's the situation for a lot of healers, that would explain quite a bit.
Well, my main healing UI, I use the Grid addon, so no. But for 5 mans I can see pets normally. Not often do I have a moment's reprieve to heal them, but if I do I usually throw in a riptide.
Grid 1 you can change that, working grid 2 is a little more tricky.
As a tree as well I like to keep hots on everything friendly, even the unholy dk ghouls.

When I run heroics I normally have my Wolf or Bird, although every once in a while I like to bring out my warpstalker if the tank is making me mad. She's such a threat hog.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

To run the heroics, I went and tamed and leveled a pet, because I was sick and tired to always hear "Noob, dontcha know that wolves boost your damage?"

So I went back to Outland and got him:
Logrim

For soloing, I use my very first pet from way back level 10:
Gerethay

For farming, I need a tank:
Yarona
Kalliope

Chrizesu wrote:As a tree as well I like to keep hots on everything friendly, even the unholy dk ghouls.
^ This. :D And I like to toss bubbles on pets as a disc priest, same reasoning (plus it's another free borrowed time). Shammies don't get a lot of options, nor do pallies, but between chain heal and glyph of holy light, pets do get passive heals, since they're generally sitting in with the melee anyway.

YouTube Edition

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Kalliope wrote:Shammies don't get a lot of options, nor do pallies, but between chain heal and glyph of holy light, pets do get passive heals, since they're generally sitting in with the melee anyway.
I call it my magical spaghetti of healing. :D

But yeah, it hits pets sometimes. I usually use chain heal, even if it's a single target heal needed (most of the time).

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

All 5 of my pets are in the ferocity class so in heroics, I run with whatever one strikes my fancy at the time. I have been using Skoll a lot lately because he's just so cool but I will also use Gondria (Spectre) , my Devilsaur Gojira, my wolf Wulfric, and the Moonstalker cat from Darkshore named Moonfire who has been my trusted companion since level 14. The difference in dps makes little if any difference in a Heroic. It's only raid buffs that really bring out the differences in pets.

I practically never have to heal my pets either. The bloodthirsty talent keeps them at full health nearly all the time. They only die from a massive crit from a trash mob or maybe multiple trash mobs, never in Boss fights.

I also have never found a need to use a tenacity pet. I did all my leveling with my cat and had very few problems.
Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

I usually run Heroics with my raid pet, Hobo (the barking Prairie Wolf) since he's most often at my side.
I would love to run more with my Spider, FatCharlie, but the DPS loss is far too significant so he's for PVP only these days. I think I will take my Wasp, Zarbi, into more Heroics and see how he does there, especially if we don't have a Feral Druid.