Who do you run heroics with?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Who do you run heroics with?

Unread post by Kalliope »

And I don't mean your humanoid friends!

I run with my wolf on occasion, but more often than not, I find myself bringing my cat along, for old time's sake and just because I can. My gear's more than enough to compensate for the slight dps loss. It's worth it just to see her at my side again. If I had room for a BM spec, I'd run with my devilsaur, just because devilsaurs are fun. I tend to avoid my bear and my pvp pet (currently spider, but he's usually been a tenacity pet), just on principle, but they've run with me on occasion as well.

I've seen some variety in hunter pets in pugs lately, with wolves, cats, devilsaurs, and spirit beasts being the four most common sightings. (EDIT to clarify: Wolves and cats are wayyyyy out in front, with devilsaurs and spirit beasts showing up at about the same frequency as each other.)
Last edited by Kalliope on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Khishay
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: US Trollbane

Re: Who do you run heroics with?

Unread post by Khishay »

Well, I went beast mastery, and my stables filled in a way I can't really change to anything else.
Atm I run with either King Krush or Arcturis. Usually only using Arcturis when the tank complains about my pet being too big :oops:

I've actually seen very few hunters in my groups other than myself. The only other one I've seen was a survival hunter with a wolf. If it counts though, the pets I've seen realmside are spirit beasts and wolves, occasionally a cat in between.

My Dragon Cave...

Thanks so much to Ket Shi for the signature!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I run with Skorn, my Devilsaur, since he's my predominant dps pet. :) Though I'd probably get slightly higher dps with a Wolf, I just have so much attachment to my big dino that I don't think I could replace him. :)
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I tend to run with either my cat Shadowflame or a wolf Silverstream. In case of me being BM I'll run with my spirit beast Miyako. <3

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

My ghost wolf Styx mostly since he's my pride and joy.

When I feel a little crazy I use my Loque, Novah.

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

I usually run with either my cat or spirit beast, whichever I feel like at the time. I've yet to meet another hunter when running random heroics, so can't say anything about the most common pets.

When it comes to humanoids, it's my friend's Resto Druid (who happens to be married to my hunter when we RP ^^) or nothing.
Raze
Realm: Farstriders

Unread post by Raze »

All of mine except my bat and warp stalker, the latter is for soloing (especially Chillmaw), the former.... Er.

Well. He gets a free ride because he's my first pet. I'm not all that concerned with doing bleeding edge damage on my quest for Emblems of Triumph, so I pretty much use what I want.
Spiritchan

Unread post by Spiritchan »

I run with my tallstrider. :3 She is also my solo-pet.. as she does nice damage, and can live through a hit.
If the dps in the group is lacking, or people complain "y U have chkn?", I pull out my Devilsaur to shut them up... 'cause he does (a little) more dps, and he looks cool. That seems to satisfy them.

If my tank sucks, I suggest that I can pull out my Rhino to help clean up some agro... they usually accept, and it prevents us from wiping.. 'cause my rhino can tank "Krystallus" with nothing more than myself and a healer.. I know this 'cause I've done it. XD

So.. Tallstrider 'cause she's awesome. Devilsaur if my group whines. Rhino if the tank sucks.
Now; my other hunters are a different story; but my "main hunter"; that's who I heroic with.
Judgestar
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Judgestar »

I usually run with either Arcturis or Gondria. Before the spirit beasts were introduced though, I would never be seen without my pride and joy "Humar The Pridelord". I know not super rare anymore but it took me over 3 weeks of camping to get him and at the time he was the only black lion cat period. Why did they have to introduce pitch that non-elite copycat...why?!?!?
Phyress
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel

Unread post by Phyress »

I usually run with my sporebat, Illumination. However, if I feel like running as BM I'll bring my spirit beast, Psyche.
rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

i do it with my raptor loki with MM
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Seaiayu
Realm: Rivendare Seaiayu lvl 80 , Kâgome lvl 27

Unread post by Seaiayu »

I run with my Requiem (ghost hydra). i know, the whole BM sucks raid wise angle you'd think but its just cause i like the mana regen from hunting party in 5 mans. I did use my Aquine (arcturis) in HoR though ^^ but i don't mind using SV for raiding spec and BM as fun spec. On a side not, my hydra can solo army of the dead rofl.
Respect the BLADE!

Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Congafury »

Hmm.. my usual companion for heroics is my ghost wolf Faith - she's easy to spot and i can always see if she's in trouble
sometimes i take Dirge out to play around with a grumpy tank, she's Sapphire Hive Queen - big, epic and annoying^_^
Don't panic!
Jroaeyl
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Jroaeyl »

I run with King Krush (Yoshi). I usually get a few surprise whispers once I come in. So far, no complaints.
Seaiayu

Unread post by Seaiayu »

This is probably off topic but ghost wolf vs ghost hydra for taking on raids, if you had both which would you chose?
Respect the BLADE!

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Seaiayu wrote:This is probably off topic but ghost wolf vs ghost hydra for taking on raids, if you had both which would you chose?
Ghost wolf, hands down. I would use the Hydra for soloing stuff instead, it being a tenacity.
Seaiayu

Unread post by Seaiayu »

lol my mistake, i meant if they were the same spec, same stats, had no difference except for looks, which would you pick?
Respect the BLADE!

Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Congafury »

i have both and i'd still take the wolf if you ask me
i'm really attached to her
Don't panic!
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Seaiayu wrote:lol my mistake, i meant if they were the same spec, same stats, had no difference except for looks, which would you pick?
I'd probably take the Hydralisk. Just because I enjoy the inside joke and because he is obnoxious.

Jolyroger
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Draenor, Atiesh (Classic)

Unread post by Jolyroger »

I run with my raptor Takk because he is my favorite. I tried a few runs with my SB Dirus (Skoll), but it seemed I had to heal / rez him more than Takk. and in test I found tht Takk seemed to do a bit more DPS, but not by much.

I also have the sapphire hive queen, I use her for PVP which is fine as I suck at PVP anyway.
Jolyroger: Worgen Hunter (Draenor)
Dirus: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)
Shaylis: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)