doing heroics with non ferocity pet?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lotokoth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: shu'halo Horde

doing heroics with non ferocity pet?

Unread post by Lotokoth »

most of the hunters i know have a pet that absolutly love! But for whatever reason i cant just seem to find a pet that i truly love. I keep changing ferocity pets becuase i do heroics often and not much soloing, but i figured out after a while i just dont like any of the ferocity pets. There are a few tenacity pets and cunning pets i like but is it crazy to do heroics with a non dpsing pet? And how do i find a pet that fits me well? please answer both questions :lol:
Dulanie
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Blackhand

Re: doing heroics with non ferocity pet?

Unread post by Dulanie »

In my opinion a fercoicty pet isn't needed exept maybe in raids. For heroics and solo any work well really, although you want it to hold agro decently for soloing. Some cunning pets do great dps and have very useful abilities.

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=384

http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/skills/ ... ompare.php

These links will help you decide which pet family to use.
We don't die. We multiply.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

You can just go with looks if you want. All of the pets have interesting abilities. I recently saw a hunter use a bear in Halls of Reflection. It was useful to keep any adds the tank may have missed at bay. So go with what makes you happy :D
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Bulletdance wrote:It was useful to keep any adds the tank may have missed at bay.
Just make sure the healer knows to throw the pet some heals too.