What pet to use?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Loffter
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstraza

What pet to use?

Unread post by Loffter »

I just came back to the game, and I am trying to get set up. At the moment, I have a devilsaur, a wasp (the queen you cant tame anymore), and a sporebat.

I figure the devilsaur could be a trash killer, spec the wasp to survive bosses and keep the sting up, so I just need some pvp pets. Any suggestions? I was thinking worms for armor reduction, or maybe a silith for the root.. I dunno. Any suggestions?
kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

Re: What pet to use?

Unread post by kairii »

arena a crab bgs i used the worm for awhile but i ditched him for my tallersider i just got so ive moved on to spore bat due to its attack
depends on which spec you plan to use in pvp
BM i use to use either a spirit beast worm or a chimaera
sv/mm crab spider or if you want to mess about nether ray

also if you want to pvp for fun tbh its all down to personal love for a pet

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

I vote chimera. Froststorm Breath, a nearly constant slow, is amazing. Plus they're huge and can block your opponent's screen. I prefer Nuramoc for a flying purple people eater. >D
Loffter
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loffter »

Jadvya wrote:I vote chimera. Froststorm Breath, a nearly constant slow, is amazing. Plus they're huge and can block your opponent's screen. I prefer Nuramoc for a flying purple people eater. >D

Does the snare have a chance to proc, or is it garenteed? and how much does it slow?

pffft reading stickies.. for losers I say!

seriously though, think im gonna go devilsaur, wasp, chimera, Worm, and silithid... or maybe replace the worm with a crab, so I can have enough non exotics to function for when I am survival. HUM... I am totally thinking out loud, sorry.. I actually wouldnt mind something to stuff casters. This is going to take some thought. Can you use call stabled pet in arenas?
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Loffter wrote:Can you use call stabled pet in arenas?
Don't think so.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Nope, it would be too easy to switch out pets if one dies.

However, I would suggest a Tenacity pet for trash killing, due to Thunderstomp, which is an about average AoE.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Loffter
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loffter »

In that case, I may go manaeater or whatever they are called. If I am a BM build, I can skip TBW, get scatter shot, and have an interupt, indimidation, scattershot, and snake trap/freeze trap. I could pretty much lock down a healer completly..especially if im rollin with a mage or another hunter.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Just remember that some of those share their deminish, so after a short while they will be useless.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Loffter
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loffter »

Ah right, DRs..

Well, these are my pets- Wasp, Nether Ray, Devilsaur, Silithid, Tallstrider.

I think that pretty much covers all my bases. I'm thinkin Nether ray for pvp, Tallstrider for 25 man bosses, Wasp for 5 man bosses, devilsaur for any and all trash, and wasp for when a druid isnt available for casting farie fire. Any suggestions on switches?

My secondary spec will be survival, for mobility fights.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Loffter wrote:I'm thinkin Nether ray for pvp, Tallstrider for 25 man bosses, Wasp for 5 man bosses, devilsaur for any and all trash, and wasp for when a druid isnt available for casting farie fire. Any suggestions on switches?

My secondary spec will be survival, for mobility fights.
Sounds good to me.

If the group you're raiding with is well geared and talented, I wouldn't bother with the tallstrider, if you're only bringing it because of its racial ability. The wasp for bosses would be good, if the group is melee DPS heavy. Otherwise, a devilsaur should perform better than both of those.

Nether Ray for PvP, never actually used one that much. But it's be a good anti-caster pet, not to mention you don't see many running around, hehe.

Just my suggestions.