I have begun my hunt for Skoll!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Loffter
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstraza

I have begun my hunt for Skoll!

Unread post by Loffter »

I havn't decided which of my current pets to give up, but Since I need to gear, and the new cross relm instancing is so awesome, I am parked on top of his spawn point, I Figure that lets me check for him once every 30 minutes or so. Hope in an instance, blow through it, come out, search for skoll while i que. maybe herb a bit. Wish me luck!

PS- is he an aggressive mob? and is his spawn point on wowhead accurate? or does he pat?
Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Re: I have begun my hunt for Skoll!

Unread post by Sonata »

I wish you the best of luck! Sadly I don't have any encounter knowledge, but I can say that he is Neutral to both Horde and Alliance.
Yes he patrols around, not sure of the route. But I'm sure a more veteran hunter (who has Skoll) will answer you with some answers.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Loffter
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loffter »

Sonata wrote:I wish you the best of luck! Sadly I don't have any encounter knowledge, but I can say that he is Neutral to both Horde and Alliance.
Yes he patrols around, not sure of the route. But I'm sure a more veteran hunter (who has Skoll) will answer you with some answers.
So he is neutral.. that makes it harder, neutral mobs EVERYWHERE here
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

He walks around a bit, but not enough to be called a patrol. His spawn points are at thottbot, wowhead and the like.

I'd suggest getting NPCScan and NPCScan Overlay. The first plays a chime when he is spotted, and the second puts his spawnpoints on the map.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Loffter
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loffter »

Nothing tonight, also made a round for Krush while I was at it. Try again tomarrow!
Rethei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by Rethei »

Best of luck for your hunt for skoll, id go for him too but limited slots so i cants :[ NpcScan is a godsend! it went off when i couldn't even see him when he spawned :]

Im trying my hand at Arc and eventually Loque xD
Props to Karathyriel
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

He has 3 spawn points and though he may walk around a bit, he doesn't really patrol. I found him at the Bor's Breath spawnpoint just north of the frozen lake. He was just standing there between the 2 clumps of trees. I would suggest looking for him at the top of the hour. Start 5 minutes before and keep looking until 10 after. If he hasn't shown up by then, he probably won't. The spawnpoints given on Wowhead are accurate.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ah, Skoll looks really awesome in that picture Saturo. Just the angle works really well. You can't really notice his unibrow or messed up anatomy. xD

As much as I love the concept for him, I just don't care for Northrend wolf models. :(
Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Good Luck... I got mine at the spot above Brunnhildar; by the disc on the ground... He was just standing there.. Tame was no big deal, threw down a trap and tamed.. EazyPeazy... Named him Frostfang... Mania posted a pic of me and him when the expansion first came out.. First on Fizzcrank relm to tame... THANK YOU MANIA!!!

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Loffter
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loffter »

I have, as of 4pm eastern, seen neither hide nor hair on him. I have aquired almost 50 triumph badges though... Ill go back at it when I get home. I downloaded those addons as suggested, it's REALLY awesome, It shows exactly where he spawns.
Thornberry
Realm: Stormrage-US Illidan-US

Unread post by Thornberry »

I fraps'd my tame I got him when he was released and I have all the info on where I got him Cords Ect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM0SIygt7ZE
Loffter
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loffter »

RAWR! I was sitting on Arcturis spawn, reading alt tabbed. was checking in now and then. After reading his spawn timer may be as high as 24 hours, I was pretty much in "Yeah, not happening tonight" mode, so i went in to check on my que for random dungeon, and who do i see sitting there right below me, but ARCTURIS!! He is mine now! 3:02 on Alexzandra, if anyone wants the info.

#@%R@#T%@
Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

Grats on taming Arcturis! Gosh I can't wait to have a hunter to 80 and start mah camping.
But now that you have the great spirit bear are you going to give up on Skoll?

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Loffter
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loffter »

Sonata wrote:Grats on taming Arcturis! Gosh I can't wait to have a hunter to 80 and start mah camping.
But now that you have the great spirit bear are you going to give up on Skoll?
Yeah, I should really be spending my time doing herbalism for gold.. plus on my last skoll run, i discovered another hunter with every other spirit beast except skoll, she had been camping him for 3 weeks, the most shes seen was a corpse.. so i figure, ill let her have the territory, i got all i need.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Danielfboone wrote:He has 3 spawn points
Looking at Saturo's map, he actually has 4. I'm not sure if the map is accurate though. I've never heard of him spawning in the snowy field with the proto-drakes.

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Ryno wrote:
Danielfboone wrote:He has 3 spawn points
Looking at Saturo's map, he actually has 4. I'm not sure if the map is accurate though. I've never heard of him spawning in the snowy field with the proto-drakes.
Me neither and the map at Wowhead only shows the three points. You can find maps that show other spawn points for Arcturis too, but nobody has been able to confirm them.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

That ain't my map, it's just the one I used while hunting for him. I got him at Brunnhildar.

Mustafah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Mustafah »

I got him a few weeks ago. wasn't a very hard tame(check my signature)i found him and he got killed.... two days later i tamed him :). what i can say is stay patient and you will get him :)

Lots of thanks for TygerDarkstorm for the awesome sig!! =D

Mustafah wrote:Playable Pandaren with racial camel mount!!!