Some new player questions about my pets.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xaldib
Realm: Demon Soul

Some new player questions about my pets.

Unread post by Xaldib »

I have a Winter Wolf as my pet on my Blood Elf, and what i wanna know is will he have the same stats as an elite from Shadow fang or say i got a different wolf all together? and also do they get larger as they level (idc about that to much but i still would like to know)? Any help would be great, My character's name is Xaldib my wolf's name is Kamuy (If u see us pet him and give him some jerky).
Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Re: Some new player questions about my pets.

Unread post by Sonata »

Yes they do grow in their size, but if the final size around 80 isn't to your taste there isn't much of a choice.
All pets have the stats given to their tree (tenacity has bigger health, making them good choices for tanking), you will not have an elite strong wolf by your side if you tame a wolf from a dungeon, the only difference is the unique talent to their family, for example wolves in this case if furious howl that boots the hunters and pets attack.

I sound like bad line from a self-help guide but I hope that helps. (Pro hunters feel free to correct me)

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Rethei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Re: Some new player questions about my pets.

Unread post by Rethei »

All pets of the same class have the same stats, for example a Zombie wolf you tame will have the same stats as a Northrend wolf when they are at equal level. It isn't like Pokemon like so many believe :p

As for size, i may be wrong but i believe that each time your pet levels they gain a 1% increase in size. These wolves tend to grow decently bigImageImage

Best way to really see the difference it to take a screenshot at a low level with your pet (round the teens or twentys) and then when you are 80 take a screenshot and compare the two. you'd be surprised how big some pets can grow :]
Props to Karathyriel