You don't deserve nice things - Rare Spawn Rant

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Ysera

You don't deserve nice things - Rare Spawn Rant

Unread post by Phyra »

You know. I won't delve too much into it, but back a while, I was hunting the Time-Lost Proto Drake on my priest. I spent months sitting in a single spot, parking friends in others, and my husband in a final.

It paid off. It spawned on July 1st at 11:40 am. I was excited and I had moved into lure it in to a ledge. Imagine my surprise when I dismount/levitate down and notice my dot on it.... but instead of moving to stay a red bar for me, it turns gray. A hunter saw me bringing him to a ledge and was on the ledge before I, and shot it. It died with my dots on it and aggro on me. I've learned from that event (IE: shadow word death over pain), but none the less I'm still very angry.

If it was just a random person, I'd be a bit more forgiving. No. This person I actually HELPED EARLIER THAT DAY AND OFFERED SKOLL TO WHEN I FOUND IT. I had spent some time helping him find addons and how to hunt for rares. Same guy that knew I had been hunting MONTHS for him.

I popped Horde side and told them flatly, had they been the one aggro/find the drake first, I'd of not interferred and been happy for him. What he had done was deplorable in my eyes. You backstabbed someone who tried to help you and be your friend.
This same jerk had the audacity to tell me "Ya. I know what I was doing but I really wanted it more". He supposedly had been hunting only for a few days/a week on and off.

Right. (insert more ranting here)

--

Fast forward a few months, and .. Well. I'm hunting for herbs in the Basin and ... To my surprise, I see this same hunter on the drake he ripped from me, drop down in front of me and ask me to wait.

He had the audacity to then ask me how to get King Krush because he saw my prior threads here on how to tame them.

I don't think anger conveys how outraged I am. You cannot screw others over and expect others to continue to help you. The game is a reflection of real life -- and you treat others how you want to be treated.

I know for a fact I will not help him (and I've helped a ton of folks in this game ... and homed nearly 50 Spirit Beasts alone to various folks). Call it petty. Call it karma. I call it treating others how you want to be treated and he's shown me that he treats others like dirt, so he gets what he gives.

To you, pal, as I know you're now stalking the Petopian Forums for advice how to get King Krush, I hope you go through the same headache you've put me (and potentially others) through. I hope you sit there for hours and have your tame time ruined just when you think you have your goal in sight. You've done nothing to amend your actions, and instead, keep asking for more. You are a selfish person and every meaning of the word 'huntard'.

I've not named names.. but I had to get this off my chest. People are very egocentric now of days and this type of event, as much as I wish it wasn't, isn't 'uncommon'. I really hope people learn from events like this. Treat others how you want to be treated -- You never know when you may need their help in the future.

Peace.

------------
-----------------
----------------------

EDIT:

He's offered an apology.
It doesn't take away the fact I am still upset.
However he was polite in it.
I'm undecided on how to feel at the moment.
Last edited by Phyra on Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: You don't deserve nice things - Rare Spawn Rant

Unread post by Sarayana »

Wow. I can understand why you needed to rant, I'd be pretty shocked too, to have the same person admit they were kill stealing and then turn around and ask for help in finding another rare spawn... Ah screw it, I'd be pissed. :(

I hope you get your drake. :hug:

And thank you for helping me and so many others on Ysera get their rare spawn pets. It's really awesome of you to help out so readily. :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'm sorry this person treated you so badly. Ugh. It's heartbreaking to have something ganked /stolen right out from under you. Believe me I know. It's happened to me FIVE TIMES. Three with King Krush and twice with Loque.

Honestly karma is a B and yes this person will get there's especially when hunting Krush. At least ......... one could hope.

I know that sounds bad of me but I feel it's deserved to receive a little tough love when you treat others that way.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

This has happened to me...Want to hear something crazy? I've seen TLPD, all three Sholo rares, all of the Icecrown rares, Vyragosa, Skoll, and Arcturis in the wild. My only rare kills are Perobas (from HF) and Hildana, and my only tame Arcturis. That's how unlucky/lucky I am.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wow...what a douche. I hope KK never spawns for him.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Crap like that annoys me. It's like a warlock I met once who said he would kill Skoll whenever he saw him, just because he looked cool and that he couldn't have it. He then found me, landed in front of me with his TPLD, ran around, and went on to say how bronze drakes (The mount I was on.) were crappy, plain, and ugly.

I know apologies are great, and I know he now likely feels bad, but still. You helped him, he screwed you over, then expected you to help him? Argh. Just....argh.
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

I would offer to help him tame KK and then DoT the crap out of KK and heal yourself like mad so you'll always have agro.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

This is EXACTLY the same stunt some warrior who shall remain nameless pulled on me. I helped him with a titanium transmute...for free....when that crap still had a cd. He knew I was looking for Krush. Then he got together a group of people TO KILL HIM FROM UNDER ME, telling them that *I* had taken *HIS* mob. Then he had the audacity to apply to my guild within a week or two after that. Needless to say, he did not get in.

May the fury of P.Dawg forever curse said griefing hunter's path. Apologies now do not excuse that kind of behavior. I do hope that the TLPD will be kind enough to put in another appearance for you, Phyra. Krush did for me. *hugs*

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Azunara wrote:I know he now likely feels bad
Does he really, though? Or is he just apologizing now because he figures he'll be able to manipulate Phyra into helping him tame yet another rare spawn?? Honestly, that's what it sounds like to me. "Screw her, I got the drake! Oh wait, I could use her help here, let me suck up to her a bit."...

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Sarayana wrote:
Azunara wrote:I know he now likely feels bad
Does he really, though? Or is he just apologizing now because he figures he'll be able to manipulate Phyra into helping him tame yet another rare spawn?? Honestly, that's what it sounds like to me. "Screw her, I got the drake! Oh wait, I could use her help here, let me suck up to her a bit."...
This is a valid point. Looking at it that way, I vote it's a "Screw you." and /ignore situation.
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

Yeah, I doubt he really feels bad. He got what he wanted after all, and he knows that Phyra know's what she is doing. If he HAD felt bad, he'd have apologized that first time, instead of much later when she went public with it. Once bitten, twice shy they say.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Kalliope

That type never has actual remorse. They just see that they're getting trashed in public (even without their name) and that they're not going to get what they want.

YouTube Edition

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Wow... I'm sorry you had that happen...

Don't feel bad, even with the 'apology'. It's likely empty, as most said. Selfish people are like that.

Karma always has her way. I don't want to wish bad on the Krush search for my own Karma, but yeh, that person doesn't deserve any good luck at all. Apologize all they want, that type of person is one the world needs less of.

/hug
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

this is just intolerable..i would hug all gold-sellers and ninja's in the world to get rid of those...they are less annoying. either way i'm sure u'll get u'r pretty dragon soon! and i really hope krush will never spawn or even crueler it spawns near Nesingwary guards. boom dead before his eyes. i'd love to see that happen.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Aw, Phyra, that's terrible! I'm so sorry you had that happen to you. And wow, that guy either has a pair or is really ignorant, to screw you over and then ask for your help. I don't understand that.

I agree with others, I don't think this person is actually sorry for what they did. I mean, when you confronted them about stealing your kill, they admitted to it and didn't apologize? It's only now that their actions have been made public that oh, now they're sorry. Sorry, but too little too late. Have fun getting KK on your own with a billion other people out there trying to steal him from you.

I really hope you get your TLPD soon, you of all people deserve it. :hug:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

Agree 10000 % with /ignore although an evil part of me would want to set him to work camping krush for you and ensuring you get to tame it and then the same for Time lost ( to kill ofc). Then maybe you can … Naa just still /ignore the **** isn't worth it.

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Kittykat
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Kittykat »

There's a BIG HUGE difference between

"I am truly sorry for my ACTIONS, and I realize that my treatment of others was wrong."

VS.

"I am not sorry I did what I did, and I plan to continue acting the same selfish way in the future, but at the moment it furthers my interests to give a lip-service apology because the public revelation of my actions is not convenient to my wishes."

Both are expressed as "I am sorry" but only one is worth anything.

I am trying to instill this in my children, and DANG is it hard. Now I realize why my parents used to get frustrated with the petty squabbles I had with my siblings. Heh. Payback time.

Edited to add: Generally the only way to be 100% certain whether an apology is the genuine article is future behavior. If the pattern of behavior changes to reflect option #1 above, it gives credence to the words expressed. If the person generally continues to be a self-centered dirtbag, well, you have your answer then too.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

If he is really sorry he should petition a GM to try and get the Time Lost Proto Drake mount transfered to you.

Otherwise he's full of crap.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Kalliope

Royi wrote:If he is really sorry he should petition a GM to try and get the Time Lost Proto Drake mount transfered to you.

Otherwise he's full of crap.
^
This.

YouTube Edition

bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

it would be better if he felt guilty and reported it but otherwise you should report him for being an ninja, if the GM tells you they can't do anything ask again and u will get an GM who'll see that he's an obvious son of an bitch. tell the GM's u got the most important hunter society behind you!