Focused Fire not working?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ranshiin
Realm: Eitrigg

Focused Fire not working?

Unread post by Ranshiin »

I put this on the main warcraft forums, but since I know it will likely get flamed I will also paste what I said here for some nice serious discussion.
I'm not talking about the 2% damage increase for my hunter, that part is working. What I am talking about is the bonus crit chance for my pet while Kill Command is active. I'm gonna try to break this down best I can.

Pets have a base crit of 5%.
Add in 10% from Ferocity to get 15%.
Add another 9% from the Spider's Bite for 24%.
Next, add my crit of 43% to get 67%
And last, lets put in Leader of the Pack, which my pet benefits twice from for a 10% crit increase to 77%

Now, when I use Kill Command my put should have a crit chance of 97% with his special abilities, however after reviewing my combat log there were some kill commands where my pet did not crit a single time with a special ability.

Now sure it is entirely possible for my pet to not crit since it is not a 100% chance, but this still happens when we add in say...Horn of Winter, which gives my pet alone enough agility for an extra 3% crit chance, pushing his crit chance over 100% when combined with the bonus crit that I get from Horn of Winter. Additional buffs only push this number higher with the same results of it not always getting crits for the duration of Kill Command.

Now, I am over the hit cap, I previously had the Grim Toll trinket which put my hit even more over the cap to the point where it was almost painful to look at, so my pet shouldn't be missing or getting dodged.

So unless I missed something or have not found that magical piece of information that explains to me why my pet isn't criting like it should based on the numbers I have come up with above, I would have to say this portion of the Focused Fire talent is not working correctly.

Anyone want to shed light upon this?
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Re: Focused Fire not working?

Unread post by Ryno »

I'm not one of those math wizards that can point out and say "This is where it went wrong" but I would guess there's some type of scaling going on where the crit isn't being applied. That or it is broke, heh. Most likely one of those two.

Ranshiin

Ok so I did hard core testing and.....yeah it definitely seems broken, or at least something somewhere is.

I had myself, an elemental shaman, and warrior on a target dummy. My calculated pet crit chance should be roughly 105% with kill command active, only one out of five manually used claw attacks did a critical strike while under the effects of kill command.
Ranshiin

Ok so.....pets don't gain their master's chance to crit and therefore....several things are broken in this formula! Whomever told me pets gain their master's crit chance shall receive a just beating.

But seriously, I could of sworn I read this somewhere....