"Awesome pet name dude!"

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

"Awesome pet name dude!"

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Has anyone ever have someone PST you a message about the name of your pet? Have you ever PST'ed someone about their pet's namw? Talk about it here!

Here's mine:

1: Me and an alli hunter were showing off our pets to each other, mostly cuz we were like the only hunters on Eonar with King Krush tamed. When I took our my red crab, named Barnaby, she logged and came back on her horde char to tell me that I gave her a girlgasm because she's a fan of Oxhorn (who has movies with a character named Assoxiate Professor Evil with a pet crab named Barnaby)>

2: Many people lol or or tell me how funny the name I gave my King Krush is. His name is Yoshisaurus.

Anyone else got stories about pet names getting noticed?
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Mockingbird
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub (EU)

Re: "Awesome pet name dude!"

Unread post by Mockingbird »

Yeah, I used to name all my pets after their signature noise.

So a raptor called Shrreeiikk
A bear called Rraawwrr
and so on.

they used to get a few chuckles, especially the diseased black bear called "Brraaiinnss"
Kittykat
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Kittykat »

I have a giant pink stompy devilsaur. My hunter's name is Zippyskippy, and her first devilsaur is named PinkyWinky. I got a few whispers of "LOL your pet's name is great!"

It fits too, despite being a big chompy Force to be Reckoned With, Pinky is at heart just a big sweetie. She likes hearts and flowers, and long walks on the beach with her best pal. I think when I first tamed her/named her it was in some small part intended to be revenge for how badly the devilsaurs killed me over and over on my pally while questing in Un'Goro.

Ha! She didn't mind a bit and actually LIKED it, so... shows what I know. I no longer see devilsaurs as big mean stompy things looking for stuff to kill. In the wild, they may be dangerous, but they're also misunderstood. They probably just want to make friends, and every time they try, people start shooting them and stabbing them and screaming in terror. Aww. :(
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I tend to get a lot of those reactions from my Undead Boar named Frankenswine. :3 Kevin the Purple Tallstrider has been recognized a few times as well. ^^
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I always get that kind of thing for the names I pick.

Kuja - Final Fantasy 9
Seymour - Final Fantasy 10
BlackWaltz - Final Fantasy 9
Loktar - Orcish for Victory
Loki - Mythology
Thor - Mythology
Omen - Mythology
Cecil - Final Fantasy 6
Alucard - Castlevania/Hellsing
Deadpool - Marvel
Grimlock - Transformers

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

When I had CRABBATTLE my PvP crab I got a lot of comments about his name.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

krinnick
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Elune

Unread post by krinnick »

I have the oil stained wolf "Bpsurvivor"
King Krush "Veggiesaurus"
those are the 2 I get the most messages on hehe, Unknowne-Elune
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

I get lots of comments for my Hydra/crocolisk "Shenanigans" as well as my Skoll names Static. XD

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

I often got puzzled questions about my pet bat, Muche. He belonged to my huntress Verii (who is now named Ikult).
Their questions got answered when at the end of a dungeon, I would say "Thank you Verii Muche!" Always got delayed giggles there. xD

My huntress Cause gets compliments when she pulls out any of her pets named "Effect". :3

People often asked me why my Rak'shiri is named "Krichevskoy". His mistress is my night elf named Etona. Etona (or Etna as she's known in English) is a character in a Japanese game named Disgaea. Krichevskoy was the king of the Netherworld that she revered.

Etona's devilsaur "OmNomNom" ("Nommy" for short) gets a lot of laughs, and Nommy is always asked for in her guild raids. People love giving her food to eat, or petting her between pulls. <3
Kasdeya
Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Kasdeya »

My favorite was naming my ghost saber "Schrödinger", a few people would pst me about it and got a kick out of it. :D
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

One of my hunters has a diseased wolf named Rotface (yes, I ripped it from the ICC boss =P). I remember the first time we did Rotface the boss in ICC and he shows up in recount, I got a lot of questions about how my pet had done 5k dps. XD

Rotface has a black diseased bear companion named Festergut (whom I adore as my tanky pet for that hunter ^_^) and with the newly expanded stables, I need to get her a pet snake named Prof. Putricide. Sort of silly, but those pets have really attached themselves to me, diseased bodies and all. :hug:

I've seen good and bad pet names across the board, and unfortunately I can't think of any of em off the top of my head. :?

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Stereo's wind serpent Salama has gotten a few "Nice name! :D", a few "Nice name! :D" in Finnish and a few "u finnish?" in Finnish. xD

My white moth Moth got a few "lol name ur pet", explained that his REAL name was "Moth the Mighty", then a few "lol", but eventually I named her Fear, which just didn't fit. Got a few "lol :p" for that too, but it just wasn't Moth the Mighty anymore. :/

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kittykat
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I remember whispering a hunter once, his pet was named VashtaNerada after a species of creatures from the series Doctor Who. Being a fan of course I had to compliment him on his choice of pet name.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I still get some comments about my demon-dog wolf named Cat. Back in TBC, I raided with my raptor, Sparky. When WotLK came out and I was starting into raiding, cats were kinda the way to go, so I reluctantly went and tamed one. I don't dislike cats, but I preferred my raptor. In a bit of passive-aggressiveness, I didn't bother to name the new pet. My fellow raiders pestered me to name the pet and after a while I went and named it Cat.

Well, when it was determined that wolves were the way to go for raiding, I let Cat go and went on over to ZD to tame one of the demon dogs. Just for the heck of it, I named him Cat. What made that even better is that I'd have PetEmote running and others would see "Skywatchers Wolf Cat..." My fellow raiders pointed out that naming a wolf Cat was kind of silly, to which I replied that Cat *thinks* he's a cat and who am I to argue with his lifestyle choice? Besides, he keeps the mice out of the tent.

Now that we've got the expanded stable and I'm running around Azeroth doing the Pokemon thing, any time I announce that I've tamed a new pet, I'm asked if it's going to be named Cat.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Boven »

Kittykat wrote:I remember whispering a hunter once, his pet was named VashtaNerada after a species of creatures from the series Doctor Who. Being a fan of course I had to compliment him on his choice of pet name.
Taming a rhino is still on my list. I plan upon naming it Judoon.
Kittykat
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Boven wrote:
Kittykat wrote:I remember whispering a hunter once, his pet was named VashtaNerada after a species of creatures from the series Doctor Who. Being a fan of course I had to compliment him on his choice of pet name.

Perfect!
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Boven »

Kittykat wrote:
Boven wrote:

Perfect!
I just need to remember to reinstall PetEmote so I can make it go "Sho Ro Blo Go!"
Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

With the newly expanded stables, I picked up a wasp, but was unable to come up with an appropriate name. I eventually settled on Peeve. Of course, now petemote tells people 'Daranara's pet Peeve is trying to bug you.'

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

well, no one ever understands my hunter/pet combo's names: Ichi and Sukurachi.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Loethlin
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Loethlin »

When I was levelling, I had my pet named Nugat.
Seeing as my hunter is called Pralinka, which naturally means "praline", a type of chocolate, and Nugat obviously is "nougat", we ended up as praline with nougat.
Most people were amused.
Other pet was briefly called Marcepan, means "marzipan". But that didn't last long, as my other character, a shaman, is called Marcepanka, so it was repetitive.