Taming Bug?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Taming Bug?

Unread post by erwil »

Hello! New to the forums and all that. :3
My story is this and wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem during 4.0:

I've been hunting for Old Cliffjumper for absolutely ages, caught two spirit beasts in between, and tonight, after going on guildchat about "never going to find him.." I decided to run through his spawn points again. (I keep my pets dismissed, because i've been hunting for Gondria and Arcturis as well)
And there he was, finally. It's been a real pain to spot him, since the area is known to be farmed by bots and it's in the vicinity of alliance base. I started taming him with enthusiasm and the first few seconds went fine him attacking me, but then everything just.. Stopped.
His health started going down and I thought "did i attack him?" I backed away and all of a sudden, my spirit beast (in the first pet slot) appeared and killed him.
I was absolutely devastated and very angry.

What i'd like to ask, if anyone else has ran into this "bug"?
And possibly tips from others about catching this specific beast. :( I really want to catch him very very badly.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Taming Bug?

Unread post by Kalliope »

I had something like this happen on the PTR. I dismounted and my previously dismissed pet summoned himself and killed the hell out of Takk.

All I can recommend as a counter is to be sure to dismount before starting a tame. :/

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Calomel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Calomel »

I've never heard of this happening. Sounds like your spirit beast got a little jealous, maybe?

Tanin - Troll - Beast Master - Icecrown, US
Currently Hunting: ...for the pacifier...

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

I was having a problem with dismissed pets coming back when I dismounted several weeks ago, but that hasn't happened to me on live.

And it's very weird that you were able to start the tame.

It's unlikely to work, but you might try contacting a GM to report the bug and see if they can restore OCJ to you. (*cough* Restore. cough*)
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by erwil »

Haha, most likely. :D Right now I want to strangle the damn thing.
I've made a ticket about it! :3 But I get the feeling they probably won't be able to help me with it.
And I'm gonna be more careful next time, (if it ever comes) =/ might just leave all the pets in the stables in case they decide to show their jealous side again.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Spirit Beast: "Whoa, man. I know you were upset about me chewing your longbow, but...replacing me?"
Hunter: "No! Wait! Don't overrea-"
SB: "Look, I thought you LOVED me. You're cheating on me, aren't you? Who is it? A pretty wolf? Maybe a ravager? Am I not GOOD enough for you?"
Hunter: "What, no! Gah, I just want a new friend! There's plenty of roo-"
SB: *kills rare spawn.* "There. She'll never bother us again."
Hunter: "...D:"
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by erwil »

XD I can't help but view my SBs as snotty little whiny/clingy teenagers from now on. ;^; Maybe all that rareness is making their ego swell. "I'm better than u!" *combs sparkly fur*
Gungnir
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Crushridge

Unread post by Gungnir »

automatic pet summon is definitely bugged. Ive noticed in battlegrounds, Ill run into the battle and realize my pet didn't summon after dismounting. Very painful when this happens :lol:

Then other times, I have dismissed and they will come out automatically. I would imagine this won't be fixed till the expansion. :roll:
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by erwil »

Like the Ghost "baywatch" Gryphons? =/ Those have been there since the beta, hence why I don't understand why it has not been fixed.. And talking about bg's, at least we can enjoy the little stealth bug with rogues while it lasts.

Is the spawn timer on Olde Cliffy still confirmed to be around 10-16 hours though?

Oh and btw, I love your nickname Gungnir. :P
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Mine actually did that too when i went after mist Howler and Loki one shotted him.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

erwil wrote:Hello! New to the forums and all that. :3
My story is this and wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem during 4.0:

I've been hunting for Old Cliffjumper for absolutely ages, caught two spirit beasts in between, and tonight, after going on guildchat about "never going to find him.." I decided to run through his spawn points again. (I keep my pets dismissed, because i've been hunting for Gondria and Arcturis as well)
And there he was, finally. It's been a real pain to spot him, since the area is known to be farmed by bots and it's in the vicinity of alliance base. I started taming him with enthusiasm and the first few seconds went fine him attacking me, but then everything just.. Stopped.
His health started going down and I thought "did i attack him?" I backed away and all of a sudden, my spirit beast (in the first pet slot) appeared and killed him.
I was absolutely devastated and very angry.

What i'd like to ask, if anyone else has ran into this "bug"?
And possibly tips from others about catching this specific beast. :( I really want to catch him very very badly.
Now that actually sounds like what happened to my hunter friend last night, when his dismissed pet just jumped out and killed Skoll.. It may have been him panicking, but I think that's something to keep in mind..

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605