Thunder Lizard

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nindran
Realm: Aggramar

Thunder Lizard

Unread post by Nindran »

I start this topic on wow forum but i want you thought on. If thunder lizard became an exotic pet would you tame one

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 24&sid=1#0
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Thunder Lizard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Mmm...no not really.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Owatanka!
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I know some people on the forums are really keen on having Blizz make them tameable. Personally, I don't particularly care one way or the other, but if they were to become tameable I'd most likely go tame one on my alt hunter. :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I always thought that they would make a swell pet, I had visions of the scales down their back charging with electricity and shooting chain lighting at mobs.... until they removed damaging abilities from pretty much all pets...

Maybe a chain spell interrupt/silence instead.... I would just be sad if it didn't BZZZzzzzzTttTT!!!! ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

If they become Exotic they may get a damage dealing ability though.
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

Nay, they aren't not too appealing to me.

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Necroposting, but gosh darn it! I would really love a thunder lizard as a tenacity pet and I'm surprised we don't have them as of yet. As far as my observations go; they share the same skeleton that the tameable rhinos have. Hunters need more reptilian pet choices! :D
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I'm not as much into the larger beasts (but I think I'd like them better than hydras). Would depend on what they do with family abilities in 5.0
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I think Thunder Lizards would be awesome to see. I'd also really like Clefthooves and/or Kodos added in with the Rhino family perhaps. Clefthooves are just so adorable and furry and detailed. <3 (I've been spending a lot of time in Outland lately, specifically Nagrand while grinding up Osho'gun powders. I spent a lot of time around Clefthooves and became quite fond of them. ^^)
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Stegodon. <3

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Anyia wrote:If they become Exotic they may get a damage dealing ability though.

I very much doubt this. Our current set of exotic pets had their damage-dealing abilities removed in the 4.0 pet revamp. They don't want any one pet to become the "must-have" pet...by giving one a damage-dealing ability, they'd be throwing all that work right out the window. If anything, it'd probably bring a buff, just like all the other pets do.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Shostakovich
Realm: Garrosh (US) Horde

Unread post by Shostakovich »

I wouldn't have one, myself, but I don't see why they shouldn't be available. Maybe they can just share a family with Rhinos (and Clefthoof... o.O).
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ravingsockmonkey
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Trollbane US

Unread post by ravingsockmonkey »

Thinking about the steggos and other untamable dinos... I wonder why we can't tame them? They're beasts. There's nothing odd about their model that would prevent them from being usable, and in many cases they are similar to already tamable beasts.

If all of the dinos were able to be tamed, then I would highly consider having a archaeologist hunter with a stable full of nothing but dino pets. :)
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Thunder Lizards and Clefthooves would be awesome. Im more fond of Clefthooves but if Thunder Lizards were tameable id get one of the pale whiteish ones like the ones that drowned in Durotar and id walk around with it in Durotar, sorta like as if it was the last living Thunder Lizard of the flash flood Durotar had when Cataclysm happened (inspired by the last chimerok in Feralas :P)

If we get Clefthooves i'll RP as an orc that has made her home once more in Draenor and walk around with one of them instead in Nagrand

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

ravingsockmonkey wrote:Thinking about the steggos and other untamable dinos... I wonder why we can't tame them? They're beasts. There's nothing odd about their model that would prevent them from being usable, and in many cases they are similar to already tamable beasts.
If all of the dinos were able to be tamed, then I would highly consider having a archaeologist hunter with a stable full of nothing but dino pets. :)
I don't think there's any real reason other than time on the part of the developers to put the finishing touches on to make them workable tameables (family power, making sure all the animations are there, etc.). I'd dearly love to see them all tameable too.

Thunder lizard and diemetradon powers could sensibly both be pretty standard lightning and fire attacks, respectively, which shouldn't be too hard. Pterrordaxes might be more complicated... the thing that they all seem to have in common is that mind control stun/flee, so I could imagine that as a special. Could be handy.

I'm not sure why clefthooves aren't available yet as they're pretty much just Outland model rhinos and could easily be slotted into that family with no stretch at all. I think they already have all the animations too (but I might be remembering wrong).

Myself I love the blue thunder lizards and blue diemetradons the best (though the hot pink diemetradon is pretty epic too). My favourite kodo skins are sadly only on riding models. If we could get some without the harnesses they'd look awesome. For clefthooves I'd go with the red from the quest summon at Ring of Blood, or Banthar.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Saphera
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Saphera »

Honestly, I've personally never been a fan of the big tameables. (Rhinos still annoy me to this day). However, I don't see why they and some of the other dino-types couldn't be tameable for those who'd enjoy them.
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Slapperfish wrote:The Diemetradon family would probably be classified somewhat as exotic Crocolisks.
Also, Pterrordax complicated? Bah, they would just be an exotic Bat variant, stun and all. :P
I think only if you were desperate to shoehorn them into existing families. Bats are mammals. Pterrordaxes are reptilian. Flying is the only thing they have in common.

I'd rather they take their time and do them justice than force them into families just to get them done faster.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.