Haste/Taming

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Haste/Taming

Unread post by swimgremlin »

Heya. Just wondering if anyone knows how much haste affects taming these days. I used to be on the hunt for King Krush before the change to Bestial Wrath, but since the duration change, solo taming seems impossible these days.

Recently I got to thinking back on the Grimtotem Spirit Wolf and how they had to be tamed under 6sec. Stacking haste allowed it though.

My question is, is it possible to stack enough haste to tame Krush before 2 fears?
Khishay
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: US Trollbane

Re: Haste/Taming

Unread post by Khishay »

I believe it is possible, and that haste does play a part in taming King Krush. Although, I do think health and timing still play a part.

I tamed King Krush with the Beastial Wrath change to 10s. I was unsuccessful first time, but second time I got him.

All I did was haste pot, high health gear, and beastial wrath, but also had haste food (forgot the name), scroll buffs, etc. The tame finished and I didn't get feared. It may have just been luck though, but from my experience I don't think the fear timer goes off twice in one tame.

Any feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :oops:

My Dragon Cave...

Thanks so much to Ket Shi for the signature!

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

swimgremlin wrote: Recently I got to thinking back on the Grimtotem Spirit Wolf and how they had to be tamed under 6sec. Stacking haste allowed it though.
There was a meta gem that, when proc'd, made your next spell cast 50% faster. That was one way someone could do it without needing a ridiculous amount of haste. Ironically after they fixed the wolf, the gem was changed, hehe.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Khishay wrote:It may have just been luck though, but from my experience I don't think the fear timer goes off twice in one tame.
There is a certain amount of luck in taming him. When I actually tamed my baby, I had no fear ward and no BW up, since my tame kept getting messed up by Horde. It was all I could do to throw up a tame at all in the confusion - with Aspect of the Viper up, no less....don't ask; it was hectic. At any rate, I was not feared during the time of the successful tame, which was nothing short of an RNG miracle.

So, to make a long story short (too late), I agree that there should really only be one fear during the tame, especially with haste stacked properly.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by swimgremlin »

I'm glad to hear that many of you have been successful in nabbing this guy. Ive found him three times, twice players killed him on me, on the last time was a wandering Nessingwary guard!

I had given up after the change to BW, but now that I have so many unused emblems these days, I'm finking of getting a second set to enchant/gem pure haste just for Krush.

As hunters, I'm sure many of you understand to know what it's like to feel like your companion is "The Pet" for you. That's the way I feel about Krush. Plus, I look forward to raiding as beast mastery again. :)
Kroxis
Realm: Daggerspine -US

Unread post by Kroxis »

I solo tamed him before the change but I thin its still possible, also I recommend -carefully- using a chump pet and a macro to cast wrath and abandon at the same time. (just be sure to remove it from your bar before you go back to another pet for other things)