Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Re: Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Unread post by Nubhorns »

I know the last thing we need is more cats - *shifty eyes*

...*clears throat* But is there an unarmored version of the Swift Stormsaber laying around anywhere? I have no idea how difficult it would be to pry off his gear, but that's easily my favorite nightsaber mount in game.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Scroll of Diminution - inscription item - one shot use (like certificate or scroll of recall in that regard), makes the targeted pet 20% smaller. Does not affect your other pets - has to be applied individually.

Works on any combat pet, regardless of class.

Intended as an alternative to the Glyph of Reduced Size, for players who would like *some* of their pets made smaller, but not *all*.

For example, you might want a smaller ferocity pet for raiding, while still being able to enjoy your fullsize tenacity pet for solo'ing (without having to change specs!).

Or you might just feel that some pets look better at smaller size (for me, that would be foxes).

Etc.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Worba wrote:Scroll of Diminution - inscription item - one shot use (like certificate or scroll of recall in that regard), makes the targeted pet 20% smaller. Does not affect your other pets - has to be applied individually.

Intended as an alternative to the Glyph of Reduced Size, for players who would like *some* of their pets made smaller, but not *all*.

For example, you might want a smaller ferocity pet for raiding, while still being able to enjoy your fullsize tenacity pet for solo'ing (without having to change specs!).

Or you might just feel that some pets look better at smaller size (for me, that would be foxes).

Etc.
Love this!
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Mozag wrote:
Worba wrote:Scroll of Diminution - inscription item - one shot use (like certificate or scroll of recall in that regard), makes the targeted pet 20% smaller. Does not affect your other pets - has to be applied individually.

Etc.
Love this!
Aha, that would also be awesome if there were a opposite version of it as well for us people who would like their runehounds to be BIGGER. I love the models...HATE the size. It's not as bad with a troll, probably fits just fine with smaller races too, but my poor puppeh is only as big as my best friend tauren's hoof. xD Everyone seems to be on the fence with the runehounds as well. Half seem to want them bigger, half seem to like them the way they are. I'm just one of those that like BIG pets, ahaha. [Small person complex.;]

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Can't you use Kibler's Bits to make them bigger?

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Thwip »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Can't you use Kibler's Bits to make them bigger?
Ehe, I was thinking something a little more.... permanent. <,<;

But now that you mention it, I do have that recipe, so I can play with that for a bit. xD

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I don't know why they just don't make the demon dog model about 30% bigger. If people want them smaller, use the glyph, but I honestly have no idea why that ONE PARTICULAR PET MODEL is so blasted runty compared to everything else. They've tweaked individual model sizes many times in the past, so I don't know why they couldn't do it this time.

Also I would like brown "druid hawks" (Oil Covered, and the Fjord hawks) to not buttscoot. You fixed the condors! But that's only 3/4 of the way there...

And... to fix the bug introduced with firelands that makes my poor shalespider flail like she's trying to walk on ice. What's -up- with that? Her legs move about five times faster than she actually moves.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Thwip »

Nachtwulf wrote:And... to fix the bug introduced with firelands that makes my poor shalespider flail like she's trying to walk on ice. What's -up- with that? Her legs move about five times faster than she actually moves.
I've noticed this too and it made me go ">.o" it's kinda cute and really ridiculous and I dunno about you, but does it feel like they are taking -forever- to run to something now?

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

I just noticed the shale spider thing today when I was doing dailies and my reaction was much like yours Thwip. It does seem like they take forever to run to something now that you mention it.

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Dear Noah

You are awesome. Many thanks on the pet skins.

However Noah, please revert back the old stances. we've been playing using the same stances just fine for the past 7 years. The old defensive was awesome for pve, the old aggressive is a great pvp tool and the passive stance was for hunters who wants better control of their pets via macro.

So Noah, why ruined such a good thing? Why must we end this relationship on such a bad term? Please Noah convince the devs that the old stances was fine. Now however you broke hunter and warlock.

ty.
Heleos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Heleos »

Malorne-like spirit beast or a Stag tame-able family. As seen here:

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13637
Heleos
Night Elf Hunter
Medivh- US
Oswen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Pozzo dell'Eternità (EU)

Unread post by Oswen »

There are some very nice crow/raven beasts in gilneas and stonetalon, it would be very great to have them tameable as carrion birds, they use the same base model of seagulls so i guess they shouldn't have size problems or anything.

Also it would be great to have a Carrion Feeder-like special ability for carrion birds since they are ferocity and can't get the talent in any way, that would surely give them much more personality.

I'm a bit ashamed to ask this but...could we please have 5 more stable slots? I wont need more after that, i promise!
I know we have many already and i'm super happy about that, i can understand that adding more may take up resources but with how pets work right it's so damn nice to have pets providing abilities for every situation making them fill very fast =/
Actually if that wouldn't be possible it would be VERY nice to have atleast something like an "exotic pets" stable page or something, since they are the main culprits for taking up space even when you are using a different spec and can't use them directly.
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Taming Bond.

Hunter passive ability.

When you start taming a mob, this debuff is automatically applied and has the following effects:

1) Lasts 10 seconds or until tame ends, whichever happens first. During that time the mob is considered "friendly" to all but the hunter casting the tame.

2) If the tame fails, the creature receives the buff "Broken Bond", which lasts for 30 seconds and during that time the creature is immune to any subsequent Taming Bonds. EDIT: Broken Bond doesn't prevent tame attempts, it just means that during that time, tame attempts will not have the benefit of Taming Bond.

So...

A) Hunter runs up and starts taming creature, Joe DK comes along and tries to interrupt it - sorry Joe! :headbang:

B) Hunter tries to tame, fails due to some non-fatal mechanic like an interrupt, and wants to retry ad infinitum without giving others a shot at it - nope; after tame fails, the field is open for the next 30 seconds to everyone including the original hunter, however during this period tame attempts will not trigger the "lockout" effect.

C) Hunter tries to repeatedly tame, cancel at last second, repeat etc as a way to keep pet "reserved" for their buddy a few continents away - nope.

D) Multiple hunters try to ping pong the creature back and forth to reserve it. Nope.
Last edited by Worba on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Thwip »

My only complaint with that idea is this.

What happens if you start a tame and realize, like with Deth or a few others, that you did not give yourself the required amount of space needed to get the tame off properly and cancel it by moving to give yourself that space needed so you don't get your face ripped off? It's not always something that can be helped, accidents with range can happen. Spacing your range between mobs that can rip your face off can be tricky when you start getting other people getting up in your space. Not all of us stay perfectly cool-headed in those types of situations.

Will you lose your tame because of a thirty second debuff by trying to play the field in a smart way and not die? Thirty seconds feels like an eternity during the middle of a tame. I don't really see how that would be fair to have another hunter bust up in the middle of your kite session with Deth and there would be nothing you could do about it since you moved two seconds prior to get better distance. <,< Since trying to get the tame done properly like that wouldn't be considered failing it to me.

Or with Karkin or Skarr where you HAVE to stop your tame and interrupt the barrage if you don't have the haste buff.

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Theaden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Trollbane US, Lightbringer US

Unread post by Theaden »

New skin for Broken Tooth
http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/ridingt ... addle.html

New skin for Araga
http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/ridingt ... addle.html

Hopefully this finally happens BT deserves her uniqueness. Vanilla PVP would not be the same without her.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

in reguards to the situations where a pet that is tag'd by one hunter is then stolen by another hunter and tamed. A suggestion at a solution:

Upon the tagging of a pet, only the hunter (or party) that tag'd the beast can tame it, all others (that try using tame pet ability) recieve the error "Creature already tapped"

This would prevent other hunters from taming a creature that has already been tag'd by someone not in thier group.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Thwip wrote:My only complaint with that idea is this.

What happens if you start a tame and realize, like with Deth or a few others, that you did not give yourself the required amount of space needed to get the tame off properly and cancel it by moving to give yourself that space needed so you don't get your face ripped off? It's not always something that can be helped, accidents with range can happen. Spacing your range between mobs that can rip your face off can be tricky when you start getting other people getting up in your space. Not all of us stay perfectly cool-headed in those types of situations.

Will you lose your tame because of a thirty second debuff by trying to play the field in a smart way and not die? Thirty seconds feels like an eternity during the middle of a tame. I don't really see how that would be fair to have another hunter bust up in the middle of your kite session with Deth and there would be nothing you could do about it since you moved two seconds prior to get better distance. <,< Since trying to get the tame done properly like that wouldn't be considered failing it to me.

Or with Karkin or Skarr where you HAVE to stop your tame and interrupt the barrage if you don't have the haste buff.
The purpose of Taming Bond / Broken Bond is to ensure that hunters get one chance to tame without interruption; e.g. for their first attempt, the hunter's only potential enemy is ... himself. >.>

If he messes that up - and we all do now and then - he is free to immediately retry, it's just that now the "field is open" in the same manner it is now, for 30 seconds. So, if the hunter messes up the first tame cast, but doesn't mess up on his retry, he still gets the tame - it's just that for his retry he is "on his own".

My goal was not to make NPCs "hunter only", nor allow bad hunters (or griefer hunters) to lock out a mob indefinitely. We all know what it's like to feel "I better get this right or someone else will take it", and I remember the thrill of having The Beast all to myself, to try and fail as much as I liked until I got the tame down - but in the outdoor zones, things have to be as widely accessible as possible to all players, and I think the "Bond" method strikes the best balance for that purpose.

EDIT: that all being said, I suppose you could have Taming Bond last say 15 seconds rather than ending when Tame Beast ends... it would still need to be tied to aggro though - if you die or FD, it switches over to Broken Bond whether we're at the 15 second mark or not.
Last edited by Worba on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Thwip wrote:
Mozag wrote:

Etc.
Love this!
Aha, that would also be awesome if there were a opposite version of it as well for us people who would like their runehounds to be BIGGER. I love the models...HATE the size. It's not as bad with a troll, probably fits just fine with smaller races too, but my poor puppeh is only as big as my best friend tauren's hoof. xD Everyone seems to be on the fence with the runehounds as well. Half seem to want them bigger, half seem to like them the way they are. I'm just one of those that like BIG pets, ahaha. [Small person complex.;]
Well from a selfish perspective I'd be all for a "Scroll of Growth", but I think it would cause too many complaints in raids / pugs (although I suppose you could have the size boost disappear when in instances... probably be a bugger to code though).

This is why Kibler's Bits has such a short duration. :D
Lohuran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sentinels (RP)

Unread post by Lohuran »

Okay...one more suggestion. It's really got nothing to do with pets or mounts or even hunters specifically, but...

I would really, really, REALLY like to be able to get t11 head and shoulders with JP. Or even VP...it just kills me that I'm unable to complete the sets on my alts. All those nice set pieces and then...meh ZG/ZA trolly shoulders.

I miss Wrath sometimes. X_X
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Hisae »

I have a suggestion. I know in the new patch that alot of our non-combat pets have gotten idle animations such as kitties laying down, the birds flying has been slowed down, but then I realized that what if we had some for our hunter pets. I wonder if we all want to see our cats, wolves, dogs, and all pets have a resting animation. I know I have read one topic that had an idea for dragonhawks but I thought they could have a resting/idle animation of descending to the ground and then curling up like a snake and fold their wings to there side. I sometimes wish that my mist (echeyakee) and my suzaku (pogeyan) would lay down and take a rest and not be in attack mode at all times, they deserve a break to, don't they?