Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Considering that it seems as if we'll remain unable to fix...I mean respec our pets, how about some overhauls to the value of each spec? Ferocity is the golden standard, with a useful utility and a passive heal. Looking at Tenacity and Cunning however, you will ALWAYS see massive inferiority. Thus, I suggest something like this to balance everything;

Ferocity:
- Keep Primal Rage as-is.
- Keep Predator's Thirst as-is.
- Add a passive ability that causes Kill Shot to increase healing from Predator's Thirst for a short period.
-- Applies to both you and your pet.
-- Disabled when using a Clefthoof. Effectiveness is equivalent to Blood of the Rhino, and Clefthooves already have that.

Tenacity:
- Keep Fortitude of the Bear as-is.
- Remove Endurance Training.
- Add a passive that allows you to attack when Aspect of the Turtle is active. (I'll take "Torghast Power That Needs to Come Back" for 500, Alex.)
- Add a passive ability that restores you and your pet's health over time when not moving. Fighting a boss that's a DPS check? Stand your ground and tank those raid mechanics like a champ!
-- Your pet heals as YOU stand still. Pets move around a lot on their own, so don't tie their healing to their positioning.

Cunning:
- Keep Master's Call as-is.
- Remove Pathfinding, optionally put it in the base Hunter talent tree as a possible talent choice between Posthaste and Improved Kill Shot. Two points, 6%/12%.
- Add a passive ability that increases the duration of Aspect of the Cheetah, and/or keeps the maximum move speed for the full duration rather than losing some speed.
- Add a passive ability that restores you and your pet's health over time when moving. Got a raid boss where you can't stand still for long? Whip out a cunning pet and heal on the run!
-- Your pet heals as YOU move. While pets can move on their own, they tend to only move when another player has aggro or an attack that locks the enemy in place is being performed.
-- Healing effectiveness is halved in Battlegrounds and Arenas, because god forbid a Hunter actually stands still in PvP.

This way, all three specs have a place in all content. They all provide an extra defensive option for specific types of content; Ferocity heals more in the final push, Tenacity keeps you alive longer when you want to not move much, and Cunning keeps you healthy when you've gotta move constantly. Ferocity and Cunning, under these suggested changes, would obviously have some nerfs, as Clefthooves wouldn't benefit from the passive bonus healing from Kill Shot and Cunning would not heal as much during PvP due to the active pace of that minigame. This way, all three specs are viable. This way, it's not a total waste to use Tenacity or Cunning over Ferocity. Sure, Ferocity may still come out on top depending on how well the healing is balanced, but hey; at least the other two won't be wasted spots line they are now.

Also, purely for new tames; Make the deep striders tameable. Those weird giraffes on the 10.1 PTR. The given excuse was weak; we have janky pets galore already. One more won't kill us. Plus, the devs WANTED to make them tameable; just do it!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

These are rather simple ideas I suggested many times for the last few years so here they are

Older Things that should be made as a tameable creature in older families

- Soul Eaters from the maw, these can be placed in Lesser Dragonkin although they aren’t dragons at all, the wings give them a draconic feel

- Skeleton horses, we were given undead wind serpents and raptors, I think they could be perfect for any undead or dark ranger out there

- Razorwings, would make a great candidate for Feathermanes or a family of its own with slyverns and wind riders

- Draenor Feywings - a perfect candidate for the lesser dragonkin family, all they need is a new npc and were all set

- Firehawks, even though they are elemental, they should be tameable, we were given infernal hellhounds, so why not

- Widlerlings, a few npcs were added in ArdenWeald but never made tameable, they would fit in either wolf or lesser dragonkin, with or without any skills

- Devourers, animites, and Gorgers, these beast like aberrations also deserve to be on our side, they would be great in a new family

- Ambystans, they would fit perfectly in toad or lizards with salamanthers, another Zereth mortis pet we should collect

- Old World Beavers, we saw beavers added in mists of pandaria, these should be tameable for the people who want a simple old beaver, if we got primal beavers, we should have those

- Blood Worms and Small blood ticks, we’ve interacted with those the entirety of BFA, they both would be perfect additions to the small blood beast family, if the worm has a model that can move, that would be perfect

New hunter pet families

- Gastropod(not exotic) - Tenacity or Ferocity - they were put in carapids which make no sense at all, they should have their own non exotic family with a defensive ability or a slow, this would include older snails and slugs, the new snails added in 9.2-10.1, and the magma slugs

- Wyvern(non exotic) - Ferocity - since it makes no sense for wind riders and slyverns to be in feathermanes due to lacking any feathers, they deserve a place of their own, razorwings can join this family

- Devourers(non exotic skill pet) - Ferocity or Tenacity - The three mentioned above would make great pets since they’re not sapient like the casters and giant three headed ones, they’re beast like and deserve to adventure beyond the veil

- Seals(non exotic family) - Spec of your Choosing - the seals added in wrath of the lich king can walk so they would make fun hunter pets to play with

- Grubs(non exotic family) - Tenacity or Ferocity, I feel like these baby creatures of all sizes deserve their own families. Grubs were accidentally made tameable in patch 5.1, and caterpillars were added in the worm family, caterpillars and grubs are not worms by any means, they are larvae of different creatures, this includes old world gorishi grubs, the fanged amber parasites, and also the acidmaw grubs from Argus

-Mongoose(non exotic family) - Ferocity - Marsuuls and Ottuks deserve their own family due to not being rodents, a family full of mongoose like creatures would be great for those two creatures

Other Fun ideas that would work

- Interactive pet toys, we got hati in bfa with so many interactive toys for just one specific model and pet, we should get all these same toys, normalized for all pets and all specs, these include pet treats, fetching balls, little accessories like hats, pepes, and masks, and also the ability to ride our hunter pets

- Dual Wield Survival Hunters, I main this spec and have fell in love with it, we should have a dual wield option to play just like rexxar, we have all these one handed transmog options, yet we can use them, this could work like warriors SMF or Frost DK when you have the options

- Pet Spec Switching, the feature that needs to return, from mists of pandaria until legion, we were able to spec swap pets and use whatever we want, if we wanted to use a boar for Pvp or Dogs for solo content, that worked, removing spec changing limited us to use ferocity pets to keep us alive with a lack of super cool options in the cunning and tenacity family. Let this feature return on the next expansion

This is all I have in terms of hunter pets, let this be noticed
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

I want an alternative skill to the companion talent that will give Beastmastery usage of one strong pet that they can choose over 2 pets, according to their playstyle or content. So my suggestion is to introduce an alternative talent named 'Hunting Partner' as below:

Skill Name: Hunting Partner (passive)
Your pet's critical hit is increased by 15% and its critical damage causes an additional 45% bleed damage for over 3 seconds. Your pet also now has Pathfinding, Predator's Thirst and Endurance Training regardless of its type.

Also, this is some of the Glyphs that I would love to be implemented:

Glyph of True Companion; Your summoned companion pet is the same as your active pet.

Glyph of Dire Mirror: Your summoned dire beast would always resemble your current active pet.

Glyph of Jade Wrath: Your Beastial Wrath colour is Jade instead of Red.

Glyph of Azure Wrath: Your Bestial Wrath colour is now Azure instead of Red.

Glyph o Holy Wrath: Your Bestial Wrath is now Gold instead of Red.

Glyph of Void Wrath: Your Beastial Wrath now covers you and your pet with the power of the Void.
Last edited by ace_of_hearth on Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

ace_of_hearth wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:21 pmGlyph of Void Wrath: Your Beastial Wrath is now covers you and your pet with the power of the Void.
I would love this so much!
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

GormanGhaste wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:46 pm
ace_of_hearth wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:21 pmGlyph of Void Wrath: Your Beastial Wrath is now covers you and your pet with the power of the Void.
I would love this so much!
It's because I want my LF Draenei to have a holy version of Beastial Wrath, and my Void Elf to have a void version of it. I would love a Fel version for my Blood Elf and a 'Plague' version for my Undead. I feel that the glyph system is the best way to implement this cosmetic feature.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

More suggestions from me <—

Move the Dread Ravens, Dread Rocs, and Death rocs into carrion birds, regular crows and ravens, and vultures/rocs are in carrion birds, but these things in birds of prey, it makes no sense at all for me

Let us tame thornclaws and bramblebacks tameable with a skill linking to drust creatures in drustvar and ardenweald

Fix wolfhawk idle animations

Fix Veilwing attack animations, it uses the eating animation on higher health creatures, change the animations from Specialunarmed to Attackunarmed
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I second the request to change the veilwing animations!
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

ace_of_hearth wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:21 pm I want an alternative skill to the companion talent that will give Beastmastery usage of one strong pet that they can choose over 2 pets, according to their playstyle or content. So my suggestion is to introduce an alternative talent named 'Hunting Partner' as below:

Your pet's critical hit is increased by 15% and its critical damage causes an additional 45% bleed damage for over 3 seconds. Your pet also now has Pathfinding, Predator's Thirst and Endurance Training regardless of its type.
This would do also :

Your attacks and your pet's attacks are increased by 15% as bleed damage for over 3 seconds. This effect stacks.

Your pet also now has Pathfinding, Predator's Thirst and Endurance Training regardless of its pet family.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

ace_of_hearth wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:08 am
ace_of_hearth wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:21 pm I want an alternative skill to the companion talent that will give Beastmastery usage of one strong pet that they can choose over 2 pets, according to their playstyle or content. So my suggestion is to introduce an alternative talent named 'Hunting Partner' as below:

This would do also :

Your attacks and your pet's attacks are increased by 15% as bleed damage for over 3 seconds. This effect stacks.

Your pet also now has Pathfinding, Predator's Thirst and Endurance Training regardless of its pet family.
Ohh yes please...I want a viable 1 pet option as BM!!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

ApiBiru

Unread post by ApiBiru »

I would love it if Direhorn, Mechanical, and Feathermane taming only needed to be learned by one Hunter character per account, just like how we just need one character to learn Lesser Dragonkin, Blood Beast and Undead beasts taming.

This might be an unpopular idea, but I would love it if the 'Mechanical' family was removed but still tamable. I want all of the tamable "beasts' from this family to get reassigned to the various types of families their base models belong to, just like how they are various types of Undead Beasts exist across several pet families:
  • Bird of Prey (Mechanical Axe-Beaks)
  • Cat (Mechanical Tigers, Phalynxes)
  • Carrion Bird (Robot Chicken, Rocket Chicken)
  • Feathermane (Aquillons)
  • Gorilla (Mechanical Gorillas)
  • Gruffhorn (Mechanical Sheep)
  • Rodent (Robot Rabbit, Robot Squirrel)
  • Scorpid (Mechanical Scorpids)
  • Spider (Mechanical Spiders)
  • Tallstrider (Mechanostriders)
  • Wolf (Mechanowolves)
I would like them to be spread out in various pet families because I would love tamable robotic-themed pets of various families and have different types of abilities for my Gnome, Mechagnome, Dwarf, Dark Iron Dwarf and Goblin Hunters.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Anything to dilute the amount of cunning pets I never use would be amazing, and I have two OOX, which would become carrion birds under your suggestion. Instant agree right there. Also yes to direhorn and mechanical taming being account-wide. Those are relics of a worse time that need to be updated.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I have another suggestion for hunter pets, and that’s pet talents, and probably a few glyphs

Remove pet passives and incorporate different stat talents like leech, reduced dmg taken, and maybe a few signature family talent abilities, here’s a few examples
Dragon burst - the lesser dragonkin breaths a burst of fire, a small fire aoe dot
Fan of Shards - the shale beast throws a bunch of their shards from their bodies to the target, maybe some sort of increased dmg taken debuff
Pets were unique back when I played on cata, they had their own talents, and flavor, which many of these pets lack except for exotic pets. I know there’s like 50 families now, but they all deserve love

Here’s some glyph suggestions

Glyph of the Rider - you now ride your pet in the initial burst of aspect of the cheetah instead of running (inspired by fishbone06 on Reddit)

Glyph of Fandral’s sting - your serpent sting is now a fiery orange appearance

Glyph of Tinker Toys - your dire beast now summons mechanical animals(literally any tameable mechanical)(also inspired by fishbone06)

Glyph of Flaming Assault - You and your pet now light on fire when coordinated assault is active

Glyph of Lightning Charge - you and your pet now have crackling thunder around you when coordinated assault is active

Glyph of Botanical camouflage - you now turn into a random plant when camouflaged
(this doesn’t affect your pet, but this would make a lot of sense, I’ve seen some camouflage bush tricks, and hunters should do the same to differentiate from rogues and feral druids rather than being a thin air man walking)

Here’s a few flavor abilities for the hunter, and hunter pets

Pet Teaching Manual: Hover
Teaches your winged pets how to hover until cancelled

(I want this one to happen because many hunter pets that have wings stand on the ground, some players would rather have their pets flying or grounded, and everyone should have a choice)

This is all I have, but if they were in game, it would change my experience forever
Lougaron
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lougaron »

Came here just to post the following wish, after noticing something in Torghast (Yes, I'm finally finishing my Flawless 16 run)

-Soul Eaters/Hunters.

I noticed in Torghast that Dire Beast (and related passively called Dire Beasts) now take the form of Soul Eaters from the Maw.

I have wanted to tame one of these creepy critters since I first saw them in the Maw. I love creepy/skeletal critters, and while I do have (and love) many, many mawrats, I'd LOVE for them to be tamable, since there isn't an attainable mount of them.

(I'd also love more creepy/undead critters in general.)
ApiBiru

Unread post by ApiBiru »

Lougaron wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:12 am Came here just to post the following wish, after noticing something in Torghast (Yes, I'm finally finishing my Flawless 16 run)

-Soul Eaters/Hunters.

I noticed in Torghast that Dire Beast (and related passively called Dire Beasts) now take the form of Soul Eaters from the Maw.

I have wanted to tame one of these creepy critters since I first saw them in the Maw. I love creepy/skeletal critters, and while I do have (and love) many, many mawrats, I'd LOVE for them to be tamable, since there isn't an attainable mount of them.

(I'd also love more creepy/undead critters in general.)
I feel that Soulhunters and Zaralek Cavern's Flayers should be grouped into a new family.
ApiBiru

Unread post by ApiBiru »

I hope that Pathfinder, Predator's Thirst and Endurance Training all have leech components as follows:
  • Predator's Thirst: Leech increased by 10/15% & healing received increased by 6/9%
  • Pathfinding: Leech increased by 10/15% & movement speed increased by 8/12%
  • Endurance Training: Leech increased by 10/15% & maximum health increased by 5/8%
With these changes, our pets wouldn't be as squishy, and our choice would be based on aesthetics or if we are the desired 'haste' buffer. This simple solution would solve 66.66% of our pet dilemmas. The other 33.33% would be Bloodlust locked behind Ferocity pets.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wow Removal of now pointless skill families

Now that skills can work across multiple families, like undead taming, lesser dragon taming, etc. the skill families that should remain are Feathermanes, lesser dragonkin, and blood beasts

Mechanical pets, they should pair with their normal counterparts, having another cunning family will reduce using them outside of pvp, I’d wish to use my phalynx in pve content

Mechano tigers - cats

Phalynxes - cats

Aquilons - feathermanes, so we get another two skill pet ay

Mechanowolves - wolves

Mechanical spiders - spiders

Mechanostriders - tallstriders

Mechanical chickens - carrion birds

Juggernauts - scorpids

Mechanical sheep - gruffhorns

Mechanical gorillas - gorillas

Mechanical rabbit - rodents, we got non rodents here so they fit too

Mechanical squirrel - rodents

Direhorns - scalehides, this is rather controversial, they are quite variable and unique just as most scalehides are unique compared to one another, both direhorns and scalehides have thick scales and hides and may have a few horns or less, I think direhorns should be scalehides, but keep the skill requirement to tame them
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

worgpower wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:54 pm Wow Removal of now pointless skill families

Now that skills can work across multiple families, like undead taming, lesser dragon taming, etc. the skill families that should remain are Feathermanes, lesser dragonkin, and blood beasts

Mechanical pets, they should pair with their normal counterparts, having another cunning family will reduce using them outside of pvp, I’d wish to use my phalynx in pve content

Mechano tigers - cats

Phalynxes - cats

Aquilons - feathermanes, so we get another two skill pet ay

Mechanowolves - wolves

Mechanical spiders - spiders

Mechanostriders - tallstriders

Mechanical chickens - carrion birds

Juggernauts - scorpids

Mechanical sheep - gruffhorns

Mechanical gorillas - gorillas

Mechanical rabbit - rodents, we got non rodents here so they fit too

Mechanical squirrel - rodents

Direhorns - scalehides, this is rather controversial, they are quite variable and unique just as most scalehides are unique compared to one another, both direhorns and scalehides have thick scales and hides and may have a few horns or less, I think direhorns should be scalehides, but keep the skill requirement to tame them
I would love to see us be able to switch a pets spec again....soooo many pets i dont use because right now ferocity is best in pve...I miss having use of more pet families..

Is there a reason for why we cant switch specs? Just curious :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I read on the forums recently that it was because players going against hunters in PVP wouldn't be able to know fully what they were up against if pets could be any spec.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Dewclaw wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:29 am I read on the forums recently that it was because players going against hunters in PVP wouldn't be able to know fully what they were up against if pets could be any spec.
That's..crazy .. heh. I can have uo to 5 different pets with me and summon them at will..pvp ppl are weird :lol:
Thank you hun. :hug: havent been able to find anything about it

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Dewclaw wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:29 am I read on the forums recently that it was because players going against hunters in PVP wouldn't be able to know fully what they were up against if pets could be any spec.
All those crazy spec skills from the past have been removed in BFA, some things are implemented onto hunters, pet charging has been removed, etc. now hunter pets are different models with some of the same abilities. I understand in the past it’s confusing but now most pets have generic stuff, I don’t think spec switching would matter too much if it was reimplemented