Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Re: Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Unread post by Xella »

A corporeal (aka not-transparent) red spirit beast would be fantastic; I lucked out when I went to go pick up Kanas... er, Karoma... on my dark iron hunter, in that he was there waiting to be tamed... but even though the old spirit wolf model continues to be my favourite of all the wolf models in the game, she's got a fire theme with both her pets and her mog and none of the available spirit beasts fit; the only two that aren't blue/purple/green are Loque and Degu (the ghostly red porcupine).
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I still find it such a shame that these "demon" spiders aren't tameable! :'( The rare named Lucille had me thinking about them again (especially since she's classified as a humanoid of all things! ><). They're really fantastic models, and to me they don't look unreasonably demonic or unnatural. I really love the details in their face and the design of their eyes. I'd love to be able to tame this purple model.
ilixirshy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: stormrage

Unread post by ilixirshy »

dear lurker,
nothing would make this girl happier than a pink bat. that is all.
amen.

signature by spiritbinder
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I'd like to see more of the unused Mechanostriders be implemented into the game somehow. So many wonderful skins just going to waste :(

And I know I'm not alone when I say that those Rocket Chickens would make phenomenal hunter pets!

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Fawn-Dew
Realm: Us-Proudmoore

Unread post by Fawn-Dew »

a non-spikey boar model that's updated would be nice, I really like the original but it's looking quite ah.... boxy compared to new game stuff but its the only one that doesn't look like it was crossed with a pincushion
Elynix
Realm: Kirin Tor US

Unread post by Elynix »

Can we get the Grand Wyvern tameable? The Grand Gryphons in multiple colour variations are. I reallly REALLLLLY want a Grand Wyvern. :hug:
Please, and thank you for being here! <3
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

It's a small thing, but could the colors of Crawg be made a bit more distinct?

Maybe it's just me, but the only one that really stands out is the Green... the Light Grey and Dark Grey are easily distinguished when beside each other, but when the Light Grey is beside the Brown they seem very similar in tone, to the point that when I tamed one, I actually had to target two different ones and see how the portrait in the target box changed, as the Brown seems a lot less saturated in-game than the Petopia page image suggests (which in itself suggests a distinctly too-similar styling between the Brown and Dark Grey, which I presume is a PTR-era image that was changed after release).

TL:DR - Green Crawg is fine, Light Grey Crawg is fine, Dark Grey Crawg maybe could be darker, Brown Crawg definitely needs to be more brown.
Image Image
ilixirshy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: stormrage

Unread post by ilixirshy »

oooo i would love a pure white one w blood all over its mouth and feets :3

signature by spiritbinder
Firesighn

Unread post by Firesighn »

I don't know if it's been said, but with the unicorns and zhevra we are now able to tame more equines than we are several other pets. Could we please move them to their own family and add to it tamable horses? They have a shiny new model and make perfect sense as a combat companion, especially considering some of the other animals we can tame. It also just really bugs me that horse creatures are treated the same as deer creatures within the system. Monkeys and gorillas aren't in the same family, and they are more closely related!
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

I don't know if it's even possible to put this on the "to-do" list at this stage of the game...but could we perhaps have more loa toads tamable than just one color from an instance?

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

pawprintedheart wrote:Or even this boy <3 He would fit perfectly in either the corehounds or the hydras... I've loved this model since it was released, it's a shame to see it languish now in past content in one smalllllll snippet of the past expansion.

It's such a lovely, lovely model and I know would be cherished by many hunters.

And given the fact that hunters can already tame Chimaeron, this gorgeous model is far from a stretch. If anything, it makes perfect sense!!!
Paradise Woods

Unread post by Paradise Woods »

001] The baby skins. A lot of hunters were so trilled to have the baby direhorn and baby frostwolf pup, but that wasn't allowed. Are we worried about the idea of making an innocent baby fight?

002] I feel like I recall the pig models (pig, not boar) in Drustvar being tameable on beta, but that wasn't allowed either. They can absolutely just be put in the boar family, and I'd totally tame one.

003] Pets with interesting effects don't get to keep them upon being tamed. I understand the desire for some realism so the fantasy isn't over the top, but would it really be so unrealistic to tame a plagued bear that then kept its plague visual? Hunters have gone to some extremes to tame visual effect pets (I have two, myself), so I'm surprised that hasn't been considered (or has been vetoed if it was).

004] This one I fully expect a hard no on, but how likely is it to see some relaxations on "But they're sentient!" creatures, moving into some of the dragonkin? We're already taming gorillas who could be argued as sentient (see Koko, for example). Perhaps protodrakes? They don't seem particularly intelligent when compared to their drake cousins, they definitely seem more primal and, well, beastly.

005] Are the elemental worms going to be looked at again? Shale spiders are pretty neat little guys, and if we can tame them, I'd like to see the similarly themed worms opened up, too. That was so long ago I don't know if that would be revisited, but maybe??
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

• I too would like the new pigs/hogs to be tameable.
  • The same applies to the missing colours of the new silithid models added in 7.3.5. There are three rares, one for each colour, but they sadly are not tameable. :(
  • Since the Perky Pug was added, there have been quite a few new dog models. Unfortunately, only one of them wound up becoming tameable. I would be very grateful if the dog family received a bit more love too, not just the battle pet dogs. German Shepherds, Golden Retrievers, you name it.
  • Wouldn't it be nice to have a golden mechanical crab with precious gems inlays? My goblin hunter sure would appreciate the bling. :P
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I want a skull mask for my gorilla. It drives me nuts that I can't keep the mask on the gorillas from Zuldazar. A toy that puts it on and persists longer than the cooldown of the item would be perfect.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Nazja wrote:
  • The same applies to the missing colours of the new silithid models added in 7.3.5. There are three rares, one for each colour, but they sadly are not tameable. :(
  • Wouldn't it be nice to have a golden mechanical crab with precious gems inlays? My goblin hunter sure would appreciate the bling. :P
Seconding both of these. Been waiting for the other three silithid skins to become tameable since 7.3.5 release, and the golden mechanical crab idea for a Goblin-themed pet is genius.

As for me..
  • I would love to see some kind of cross between a crustacean and a silithid, maybe a bit like a mantis shrimp, a beastlike animal race that serves N'zoth. Now, 8.2 is on the PTR, so if it wasn't already made, it's unlikely to spring into existence, but still.
  • This worm model would make for a great new Blood Beast rare. Could be a tracking tame, a regular rare, a rare that requires special tactics, like the Molten Front rares, a beast that requires a small questline to hunt down and tame, whatever. It would be amazing.
  • I would like for Abyss Worms to finally become tameable in 8.2, since all four of the skins are present in Nazjatar on beast mobs.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Kokiron
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kokiron »

I'm sure most of these have already been suggested but uhhhh

-a few tameable critters like rabbits, beavers, sheep, etc
-the fox model used for Llothien Prowler as a normal, tameable mob. The regular fox model is very dated at this point
-the blue sabertron cat
-the cursed wolves and such in Drustvar to retain their appearance when tamed. Right now only a certain goat does, I think.
-A tameable wickerbeast, I want one of these SO BAD...I realize they're abberations but surely we could get one classified as...idk a wolf or a dog?
-That tiger loa model tameable....Loque'nahak uses a loa model so why not? New spirit beast.......since I dont think we've gotten a new one this xpac? (I don't cout Hati, he's from Legion)
-A spirit beast (or anything really) with an Algalon-like model, with the stars and stuff, you know?
-Those undead bone devilsaurs & zombie raptors and stuff in Zandalar...we've got zombie bears & undead birds and such so why not?
-On the subject of undead beasts.......let me tame Gluth, please.
-armored direhorns and devilsaurs
Shaiandra
Realm: US WrA [A/H]

Unread post by Shaiandra »

I would love to see a barn owl in game, naturally to tame.
I would love more dog/hounds like a corgi, especially a corgi.
I would love a panda or red panda to call my own too.

I would also, VERY MUCH, love to have a cloud serpent as my companion.
I would love more foxes and also more wolf varieties.
I too must have a tamable skele-rex.

Thank you :3

To skies unflown,
To waters unexplored,
To paths not yet walked,
To creatures who have yet to run beside me,
I say to you, this challenge you give, I accept and conquer.

Jin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar EU

Unread post by Jin »

Dear lurker <3

This has probably been posted, but nothing would make me happier than a spirit beast that looks like 'star hologram' to match my Astral Cloud Serpent and Comet! <3
Eloquine

Unread post by Eloquine »

Would love to get some Dread Raven models tamable. They seem to be just regular mobs now nothing special. Bunches of them out in Mechagon called Rustwing Scavenger. I would prefer to be able to tame without the armor piece on the beak.

Would also like to voice my support for updated Foxes.