Transforming pet question

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Araniis
Realm: Doomhammer

Transforming pet question

Unread post by Araniis »

Going through some of the pet changes that are going to be happening as soon as Tomorrow (Dear gods, I can't wait, I want my beetles) I noticed something interesting. The Silithid Swarmer, the bright blue scorpid that has the most awesome look when you BW it, is being turned into a rather interesting looking Tan Ant Silithid. The thing I'm curious about is that, as far as I understood on all the listings, these would also be affecting our pets.

If this IS true, I'd HIGHLY advise for everyone to go out and tame this guy like NOW, because as far as the Petopia is showing, we CAN'T tame this skin come the patch, and the only way to get it would to be having this Pet and have it be turned into this new pet, which mind you is a Silithid and thus Exotic.

I honestly expect this to change or perhaps be mended by Blizz soon, because it's otherwise VERY odd to turn old pets into a skin that not even new hunters can tame come the new content.
Araniis

Re: Transforming pet question

Unread post by Araniis »

So, I take it we can't confirm till tomorrow that we'll have a unique, retired pet look till tomorrow, eh?
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

Bingo.

Araniis

Unread post by Araniis »

WildcatTM wrote:Bingo.
Ah, dang it. Well, at the VERY least I've tamed it on my main and might do the same with some of my hunter alts to check it out to see if it's true or not. But still, the Ant models aren't used for pets (As far as I know) at the moment, so this MIGHT be a sign of possible things to come... or a mistake on blizzards part, I guess we shall soon see.
Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

Mistake or no, I would advice everyone to nab one of the Swarmers on any hunter they care about, JUST IN CASE. Here's to hoping we get these cute "ant" pets, even if just for a bit!
Jaraii
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Jaraii »

Considering this has been mentioned and well known by the community at large, I figure this may actually be intentionally left in. In this case, it would be a "we know there were no cool items for cata release event, so here's a unique souvenir."
I know why I'm smiling, but why is everyone else??