Devilsaur troubles :D

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

Shall i stick it out to the end and tame KRUSH? If you vote no, choose a skin u think are the best

YES
60%
Nah, its not worth the time
7%
Black skin is better
18%
White skin is better
7%
Red/Brown skin is better
9%

Total votes: 45

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Devilsaur troubles :D

Unread post by Ana »

I really want to tame Krush because imo he has the best skin of all the devilsaurs... but im not so patient .. been looking for him for over a week. Whenever i log on i take a few rounds in Sholari Basing to look for him... but no more then an hour at a time

How long did you guyes stick it out to tame a rare elite? Did u sit by your computer hour after hour just hoping?

I am beginning to wonder if i should just stay with one of the other devilsaurs :D

i voted yes myself cause well i had to vote and i really do like the green skin.. but no patience :D
Last edited by Ana on Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Re: Devilsaur troubles :D

Unread post by Niabi »

Krush is definitely worth the time invested imo. Otherwise I'd recommend the black-skinned T-Rex.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

If you have the patience to camp for Krush do it!
In the end the skins are more of personal taste, but if you decide to start camping for Krush I wish you the best of luck!

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

I camped Krush on Lazona for months before even catching sight of him for the first time. On Kas, took me a fortnight to track him down and tame him.

Believe all the rumours - King Krush hits like a furious, outta control freight train. I wouldn't recommend going after him if your HP is under 23k HP and your Haste Rating is under 1000. Whilst he can be tamed with much less (I've proven that myself because I didn't have the patience to grind badges for another piece of Windrunner gear), Krush can crit you for 5k+ completely randomly, and if you're really unlucky, sometimes twice/thrice in a row.

If you're serious about going after Krush, spend a good week preparing your toon - potions, scrolls, haste/stamina gear/gems - you're going to need it.

But, in the end, it's all up to you =D

Mustafah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Mustafah »

I don't really like Krush. I think the green skin is ugly. It's just not worth it to sit and camp for him for hours/days/weeks. But if you still wanna camp him, try to check Loque too, theyre spawn points are close(i think)

Lots of thanks for TygerDarkstorm for the awesome sig!! =D

Mustafah wrote:Playable Pandaren with racial camel mount!!!
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

My only suggestion is all the haste you can get, and Druid tanking gear.

It took three days of camping to get mine.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Rethei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by Rethei »

I voted for Krush. His skin/color is amazing, totally unique and from what i heard one of the most challenging pets to tame!

I have never ... ever seen Krush tamed or wild, so you will def turn heads when waltzing with him! I haven't seen him around yet but i will get him one day!!

If you however decide not to tame him i opt for the Tyrant skin :]
Props to Karathyriel
Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

Hon, it took me 2 weeks. However, on the day I caught him I nearly gave up, so I decided to just sit at his gorillas spawnpoint, where I'd seen him twice before. Four hours later, he spawned and the tame went off without a hitch. So don't give up! You'll get your big green bundle of scales soon!
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I went Krush. Great looking dino, never had the inspiration for it. (I went after devilsaurs before and their waddling made me twitch. >.<) There's a spawn point that I used when finding Loque that is west of Skyreach pillar, between two of the brownish splotches on your map. (One has a cave.) That was one of Loque's favorite spots, and Krush pats there as well.

What I did was log on every hour to find him. After day, I log in after school, thinking he CAN'T be on, it's either too late or too early, when wham! There's my Loque. A no muss, no fuss tame. There are only gorillas, (neutral.) so it's a fairly safe spot. That's where you head if you ask me. :D

G'luck with it.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Krush is beautiful. I don't have the patience to camp him, or I would have (haha). Nor does Sil know any priests or others who can help with a fear ward, so it seems like too much trouble to me. But his skin is lovely, so if you like it, stick with it!

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I voted for Krush. It sounds like you really love him, and nothing is more rewarding in this game than being a hunter and finally getting the pet of your dreams.

It might take a long time, and you may get frustrated or impatient, but keep at it. Sooner or later you will get him, and it's a fantastic long-term goal to set for yourself.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I voted for Krush, simply because I've camped a pet I really wanted and felt so proud when I finally got it. I waited for Mist Howler for days; back in the day he was special because he had a fast attack speed, before the pet stats were normalized. I just found a spot to camp that I knew he passed by, and every hour or so I'd log on, check my beast tracking, and log off if he wasn't there. Finally, after doing this many many times, he was there! It was so neat having that special pet you put so much time and dedication into getting.

And, all the replies above have inspired me to go for Krush as well when I level up enough. I have resto shaman and disc priest that should be able to help me out. Better start saving up that haste/stam gear now! :D I like pets that "match" me in one way or another. My night elf hunter's hair is the bright green, and Krush's skin would look so good next to me. :geek: :D

But yar, go for it!!! Just be warned, I hear he is a very tough tame for the unprepared. Better make that first shot count because someone could come along and kill him.

Good luck!!!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

thanks i keep looking for him :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

krinnick
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Elune

Unread post by krinnick »

Took me 2-3 months to finally tame "Veggiesaurus" usually some horde or alliance feller would decide since I was trying to tame him was the best time to kill him. Taming rares is 10% luck 90% dedication, -kriad, Steamwheedle Cartel
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

I voted white since that's the one I have. lol I have a white theme going... White core hound, white devilsaur, white lion, white spirit pet (Gondria)...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

I chose YES! And the main reason why is because if you are anything like me at all, you will not be happy without your pet of choice no matter what it is! But, you should ask yourself if you would be happy with a devilsaur that is not green or rare. Then again, I am pretty bad, I still have the option to get Shy-rotam but spent hours waiting for Rak'shiri. ;)