Taming the Kurken as of 4.0.3a

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Grokan
Realm: Garrosh

Taming the Kurken as of 4.0.3a

Unread post by Grokan »

Hello all. I've been watching the forums for a while, and now I have a question I feel you guys are best suited for.

My mini-obsession with core hounds started with the Kurken back before I hit 80. Now, over time I've moved through pets, and eventually the Kurken faded from stables, getting replaced with a green core hound, and eventually that was replaced by a red core hound from MC. Well, as you all know The Shattering brought us Chromaggus. Of course I picked him up as soon as I could get a raid together to do it, and now I'm on a mission.

There are four different core hound skins (5 if you count the green and green-yellow separate), so that means one for each active stable slot. I have Chromie, Gamegaz from the Blasted Lands, and I can easily pick up another red core hound.

So my question is, how would I, an Orc, get to Azuremist Ilse now that Auberdine is destroyed? I've done some research and it looks like there's a port in near Gilneas, but I'm not entirely sure if that's Horde-accessible. Is there a boat in SW that goes to Azuremist? Or do I have to take the boat to Darnassus?

TL/DR; How does a horde player get to Azuremist Ilse? :)
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Re: Taming the Kurken as of 4.0.3a

Unread post by Royi »

good question, i thought there was a boat at the new NE town just north of Auberdine. I cant recall though.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

No, the boat is from Stormwind. Some of the other threads on this forum have discussed this, and the best bet is to run from the top north-western corner of Darkshore with a potion of water walking on. You can get to Rutheran just before dying of fatigue. Once there, circle around to the back, and there's a boulder in the water that lets you jump onto the Azuremyst docks. Run onto the boat and I'd suggest at that point you FD to drop aggro and avoid fights while sailing (that's how I got across before the Shattering, after they added the patting guards that WILL attack you on the boats).

I haven't done it myself, but this is the strat everyone says works. Good luck!

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

It is apparently also possible to water walk to azuremyst as well.
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

There's a boat to Darn from Stormwind and then a boat from there that goes to Exodar, the right hand boat in the harbour as facing from the red portal dealie that ports you to Darn. So it skips Darkshore entirely for the rather wreaked harbour port in Rutherean.

Confused the hell out of me as I kept hopping on the wrong one when on Alliance side, why oh why can't the blasted guards say which boat goes where augh.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

As far as I've seen, there is no port from Auberdine to Darnassus anymore, and not sure, but I think the boat to Azuremist goes from the Darnassus port now. So the trick is, getting to those docks. I made an undead hunter recently, after being Alliance the past 5ish years, and decided to go for Duskstalker (rare kitty in teldrasil), and well, I did it, and here is the link to it...

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6873

Once you get to Rutherin, I haven't a clue, haven't seen any boats to Azuremist, maybe make a draenei and run to the docks there and find out where it goes.

Grokan

Unread post by Grokan »

Thanks for responses! I'll try them out once the servers get back up.
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

There isn't any boat to draenei are from auberdine now...my brother went to tame the blue moth with his lvl 10 hunter...it took hima long while to get there...well now he can't :mrgreen:
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

Ariamodasu wrote: Confused the hell out of me as I kept hopping on the wrong one when on Alliance side, why oh why can't the blasted guards say which boat goes where augh.
Slightly off topic but it drives me batty that the boat dock guards don't talk in /say /yell like the horde ones do to tell you where the boat is and what boat is which. The Ally ones will tell you only what boat it is when you open a dialog with them and they will never tell you if the boat just left or is coming back etc etc. Also some docs have NPC's that wont tell you at all so you have to wait for the boat to get there only to find out you just waited 5 mins for the wrong one.

Sorry /endrant

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Sarayana

Aren't there signposts, the way there used to be in Auberdine?

Bluddy, there is a boat from the new Rutheran to Azuremyst. I've taken it. There are three docks on Rutheran island: 1) to Stormwind, 2) to Azuremyst, and 3) from Gilneas.

The reason I suggested going across the water from Darkshore is to avoid the SW harbour. Personally, I'd rather do the water walking run than deal with mobs of guards, the ones in Rutheran will be annoying enough. ;) Do it whichever way you prefer, though, both will work. :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Since I had to go to Exodar for the pilgrim's peril...

1. Path of Frost/Water walk to Rutherin Village.
2. Go to the boulders near the Exodar dock.
3. When the boat goes by, jump on the ship.

(Note: The guards on the ship are NOT lvl 85 elites and usually wont even touch you or aggro you)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sarayana

Taluwen wrote:(Note: The guards on the ship are NOT lvl 85 elites and usually wont even touch you or aggro you)
That's good to know! I went on my level 40something hunter, so they were all level skull to me, I just assumed they got a level boost too. >_<

Grokan

Unread post by Grokan »

Well, I tried the boat hopping method. Almost got to the boat to Exodar but got killed by the guards. Just got 3 elixers of water walking to try running across.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sarayana wrote:
Taluwen wrote:(Note: The guards on the ship are NOT lvl 85 elites and usually wont even touch you or aggro you)
That's good to know! I went on my level 40something hunter, so they were all level skull to me, I just assumed they got a level boost too. >_<
Yeah. There are, however, guards on the docks.....of Rutherin. They, on the other hand, will maul your face.

I think they did get a small level boost. The ones on the ship at 75. Not elites, though. But lvl 75. So...if you want the kurken, take a friend with you if you're 68.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Grokan

Unread post by Grokan »

The Kurken has been tamed. :)

Running across worked beautifully. Thanks everybody!
The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

Don't forget you can use water walking potions and a mount, I think? (I know shamen and DKs can, but I had thought the potion worked too).

Or wait 7 days and fly.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Rhapture wrote:
Ariamodasu wrote: Confused the hell out of me as I kept hopping on the wrong one when on Alliance side, why oh why can't the blasted guards say which boat goes where augh.
Slightly off topic but it drives me batty that the boat dock guards don't talk in /say /yell like the horde ones do to tell you where the boat is and what boat is which. The Ally ones will tell you only what boat it is when you open a dialog with them and they will never tell you if the boat just left or is coming back etc etc. Also some docs have NPC's that wont tell you at all so you have to wait for the boat to get there only to find out you just waited 5 mins for the wrong one.

Sorry /endrant
I completely agree
_

There used to be a Dockmaster in Auberdine that, well, did what every other dockmaster in the game did - tell you just where the heck the boats are going. The Auberdine one would tell you that the north boat when to Rut'theran, the south one to Stormwind, and the west one to Azuremyst.

I, for the life of me, cannot find a single dockmaster in Rut'theran :x
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

7seti
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne

Unread post by 7seti »

Here's a guide: http://www.youtube.com/omfgcata#p/u/3/4oVRD4Dmr08

Of course, if you can't get across you can just wait a week and then fly straight to Rut'theran.
Xanrithe
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Xanrithe »

The best way to do it is walk over the water. Getting a potion of water walking and whatever else. :) That is the best bet.
Thank you Erwil. <3 http://shunka.failarius.net/