I think I died a little inside...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
amrasillias
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar EU

Re: I think I died a little inside...

Unread post by amrasillias »

Being uncreative has to do with imagination. Some people just lack imagination, it can't be helped...
I see a lot of people naming their char (class)DK, DK(class), PL(class)... Yeah you get it, it's a country (denmark, poland) It makes a great identifier for others and yet is totally uncreative. Well, good for them. Hope they enjoy the game as much as I do.

As a kid I used to read an enormous amount of books. Found myself in all sorts of mysterious places with great character names. I found such a rich world in WoW as well and I'd like to blend in in such a world. If it's a characters name I create, or a pet I tamed.
The same goes for when I'm in a foreign country and I try to not be a tourist but to immerse myself in that country's culture and history and connect with the people. But that's just me...
Dr. Rockso
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Dr. Rockso »

Cozzene wrote:I actually started a thread regarding these uncreative names. I want to smack every hunter who named their Chromaggus... Chromaggus. Which is basically all of them. Or the ones that name their Skoll.... Skoll... C'mon, show SOME creativity! We're the ONLY class that can name our pets and people totally waste the opportunity =(
You obviously never palyed Vanilla or at least went up agents chromaggus then cause you would see where these hunters where coming from naming him Chromaggus

I named mine Chromaggus

and if you would see where these hunters where coming from then you would see that naming them that is more creative then u thing
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

You also need to keep in mind some Hunters actually DON'T play for the pets XD Some Hunters play Hunter just because they like the ranged dps aspect of the class, without being a caster. In scenarios like that, pets are just a side-perk really to that player.

Now I'm not saying I think these names are cool. But it's not my $15, so I'm not about to whisper them why they named their pet what they did XD

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rikaku wrote:You also need to keep in mind some Hunters actually DON'T play for the pets XD Some Hunters play Hunter just because they like the ranged dps aspect of the class, without being a caster. In scenarios like that, pets are just a side-perk really to that player.

Now I'm not saying I think these names are cool. But it's not my $15, so I'm not about to whisper them why they named their pet what they did XD
I agree. Thats why I never said anything to the hunter with the wasp.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

I sometimes worry people think these things of me when I have my Rak'Shiri/Shy Rotam (same pet but I've tamed her as both mobs if that makes sense) named Blue out. I just really love the name Blue, I can't bring myself to name her anything else... :x I dunno, I agree with what someone earlier said -- it seems cute in a silly way...

EDIT: Sorry if that upsets you, OP D: I don't mean to argue either, for the record. Differences of opinion are good, otherwise the world would be boring!
Last edited by Aquillian on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Cozzene wrote:I actually started a thread regarding these uncreative names. I want to smack every hunter who named their Chromaggus... Chromaggus. Which is basically all of them. Or the ones that name their Skoll.... Skoll... C'mon, show SOME creativity! We're the ONLY class that can name our pets and people totally waste the opportunity =(
So how is naming Skoll, Skoll, uncreative? After I tamed a second skoll on Yasindra- and I am contemplating recamping him since it'd be unfair to ask a GM to restore him as I was able to get Sunscale to return home... I named him Skoll. Now is that uncreative? Perhaps a little, but I already had a first that I had dubbed Freki, so why shouldn't I call his brother by his 'true' name? I named Emberwing, after his wild name- Emberwing, so again, how are the names uncreative?

Mean I can understand people being upset with 'Chromaggusyo' or 'BigBee' or 'Sexybich' as I think I saw one myself on my own server, or the ever so classic 'FukYou', but people judging me because I have named my pets say, Terrortooth, Bloodfang, Emberwing etc? Yeah no. You don't pay for my play time so you can't judge my simple imagination.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Doesn't look like this thread is going to wind down, so I'm just going to go ahead and lock it. Everyone's expressed their opinions on the matter, now it's just going in circles. ;)