[Complete Guide] How to Tame, and What to Tame - A full list

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zwiggy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: manny

Re: [Complete Guide] How to Tame, and What to Tame - A full

Unread post by Zwiggy »

Sorry i was looking at the wrong boss but here http://www.wowhead.com/spell=26068 and if you find my posts agressive then you shouldent be on the internet
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Everyone, thank you for all the work and tips that have helped put this fantastic guide together!!!

*The rest edited: don't feed the troll*

I agree, unless we see proof of some sort that this is happening, I'm calling shenanigans. 'Til then, I have no reason to believe it. :)

Gonna get my flaming boar tonight, I can't wait! I love boars, love the armored ones even more, but an armored boar on fire? That's just flipping fantastic!!!
Last edited by Rhyela on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Zwiggy wrote:Sorry i was looking at the wrong boss but here http://www.wowhead.com/spell=26068 and if you find my posts agressive then you shouldent be on the internet

I still see no proof of a pet being tamed with the enrage affect. Just linking to the enraged affect spell doesn't count. :mrgreen:

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Rawr wrote:I listen to you :hug: :mrgreen:
Yay. :hug:

Edited to try and not feed the troll. ^_^

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ooh, just had a thought. Weren't there raptors with little satellite contraptions on their heads somewhere? I wonder if that would be tameable to keep on using one of the methods.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Veph, those raptors are in Azshara. Number Nine is a questgiver, but there's a red one (Number Four I think) who patrols the goblin lab and could possibly be tamed.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

The raptors reminded me of the "waptor twapping" quest in the barrens. Was hoping we could tame a mini raptor, but they turn friendly before they shrink. :<
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

I agree that we need proof first. I'd suggest actually organizing a group to try and do what Zwiggy claims to have done. If his claims are true, then I feel that this does in fact need to get reported (and the buff removed from the newly tamed Chromaggus as soon as possible). If his claims are a bag of hot wind, then we can post our findings, breathe a sigh of relief, and carry on with taming cool pets that have cool effects.

The reality is that we won't be able to sit on this and hope that no more Zwiggys will jump at the opportunity to exploit this.

@Zwiggy: Here's why I'm acting so hostile towards you. If your claims about Chromaggus are true, I forsee the following steps that Blizzard will take. First, they will implement a hotfix that will assuredly prevent anyone else from exploiting Chromaggus with the enrage buff active. Either they change the mechanic of said buff to make it last far less than an hour, or they will temporarily make Chromaggus untameable until this issue gets resolved. The latter is more likely, I fear. After that, they will do their best to disable the Griffley-Acherontia method of taming pets with appearance buffs. If/when they do manage this, Chromaggus will hopefully become tameable again, but the likes of The Lone Hunter, the Oiled Hawk and Wolf, the Angered Arrakoa Protector, and the flaming Battleboar will never again be able to be tamed with their unique appearance preserved by the taming process.

EDIT:
Zwiggy wrote:Sorry i was looking at the wrong boss but here http://www.wowhead.com/spell=26068 and if you find my posts agressive then you shouldent be on the internet
Translation: I didn't check to see if this would work; I didn't even get the name of the boss right!

I've been trolled :(
Last edited by Cialbi on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Griffley
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland - EU

Unread post by Griffley »

thank you, smarter people then me here, I was totally feeding the troll :(
I'm off for some more experiments!
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Vephriel wrote:Ooh, just had a thought. Weren't there raptors with little satellite contraptions on their heads somewhere? I wonder if that would be tameable to keep on using one of the methods.

Subject Four is the red raptor u are refuring to and hes not tamable :cry: :mrgreen:

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Griffley wrote:thank you, smarter people then me here, I was totally feeding the troll :(
I'm off for some more experiments!
Hmm...
Does this make me lower than you on the smarti-ness totem pole, Griffley? :P
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Zwiggy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: manny

Unread post by Zwiggy »

I cant go to any raids with a tamable boss in atm because im saved till wednesday or whenever AQ 10 resets but i did find the frenzy buff thats on a number of mobs including raid bosses on a common bore so.

I can post more pics of more buffed pets if you like.

.troll
One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

Now according to my evidence that i have gave you i have proven i am not a troll and that i have a point and if you still wish to deny this fact then you are just kidding yourselves
Last edited by Zwiggy on Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Torleth
Realm: Talnivarr EU

Unread post by Torleth »

Can you make it work with Princess in Elwynn to keep the pretty pink bow
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

I think I saw that the princess one is temporary :(
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Griffley
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland - EU

Unread post by Griffley »

Princess is Temporary indeed.
*ignores swiggy*
By the way, Kiting a Rhino into the oil pools did not give him the oil buff. (it was worth a shot imho)
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Moving my egg butt bear findings here, Griffley u can move the picture so ppl can see what it looks like

Ok so, I tried the death effect glitch on the Infested Bear, and found that the eggs went away BUT the diseased green skulls cloud DOES infact stay. I think the reason why is that after death the eggs can be removed. Im off to see if other diseased pets keep their green cloud of death after death. :mrgreen:
WoWScrnShot_120210_141550.jpg
WoWScrnShot_120210_141550.jpg (407.07 KiB) Viewed 1003 times

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Felscale Crawler dont keep their "flaming top" after death :cry: :mrgreen:

Taso

Unread post by Taso »

Okay, I have to step in. You people are acting like children and it's almost.... offensive from an argumentation standpoint.

Apart from Zwiggy saying,
Zwiggy wrote:already have the results are impressive
Followed by
Zwiggy wrote:corrupt raptors at troll starting area it lasts an houer though and stacks to max of 5 going to try buru phase 2 now
He gave no indication that he actually intended to utilize any pet buff for an exploitation. I myself tamed the spider with the Fel Taint buff simply to see what it was like.
However, that's not what upsets me about your behavior. What upsets me is this:
Heuristic wrote:Okay, this is where I draw the line. We're obviously exploiting a bug in the game for these tames, but up to this point for purely cosmetic gains. If a tamed Chromaggus kept a 20%dps buff, raiding BM hunters could and would exploit this bug - and since a pet is close to half of a BM hunter's dps, we're talking a 10% dps gain that Blizzard hadn't balanced around.
First problem- 10% DPS increase for ONE hour that took you 2 hours to obtain. Not even min-maxing raiders who are willing to exploit will do this. The worst this particular situation would cause is the removal of the ability to tame pets in this fashion, which would happen regardless of one person using it or not. At best, the fix would be the removal of this buff from Chrommagus' arsenal.
Either way, virtually no one will abuse this bug. And the number of people who will abuse it MULTIPLE times is just staggeringly low, if not 0. There are easier ways for hunters to exploit, and I would know. I belong to a huge exploitation community that explores glitches, mostly out of curiosity and for the sake of exploration.
Frankly, Blizzard isn't GOING to balance around a 500 DPS increase for one hour, doable only once every time you tame a Vanilla raid boss, and only if you tame him in such a way that you get to the enrage, maintain aggro, don't die, and finish the tame.

Practicality people, dear Jesus.

Multiple dregs wrote:(Paraphrased) You're ruining this, don't ruin this.
No, he's not. He never alluded to ruining anything. He claimed very vaguely that he tamed something that had a buff with "impressive"(very vague wording) results. The thing he tamed could've easily been the raptors that he posted about all of two minutes later that seemed to be a finish to a run-on sentence.

In either case, he certainly never claimed he would raid OR PvP with said bug. You guys jumped the gun and made that assumption.
Ariamodasu wrote:And you're bragging about pets you're taming with a DPS boost, slight difference to cosmetic changes. Oil Warg has been out and about for a while now and untouched because it does not effect gameplay in any way, shape or form. You're chasing ones that will be slammed down pretty damn hard for very obvious reasons then going, look at how awesome I am :D
See above. He didn't brag. He didn't claim to intend on using it for anything illegitimate. You put those words in his mouth for him. He's not chasing down anything. Perhaps he was curious. I didn't "chase down" the Fel Taint spider(there's a bear and bat with the same buff), but I certainly wanted one to see what it was like.
That same guy who over-exaggerated in the previous post wrote:That makes no real difference, you are still taming for a DPS buff temporary or not. It still should NOT be touched under any circumstance. That is exactly what Blizzard yoinks for and you're parading around about it.
Now this makes an entirely new claim, that he tamed Chrommagus 100% for the buff. Which he also did not state or allude to. Furthermore, how is he parading around? You're trying to burn him as though he were a witch for no damned reason!
That same exaggerating guy wrote:Thats not the point. You are still grabbing a pet specifically for a DPS increase THUS a game exploit as it benefits you and whomever you are grouped with which is completely unlike cosmestic looks.
See above.
Kurasu wrote:The point is that if Blizzard is going to remove the exploit, we might as well talk about the visual effect on the pets. By telling people what they *can* tame, you will be making it all the more important for it to be seen as an exploit, plus you are risking your own account by showing that you are taming things in an exploitable way.
Risking his own account? Oh please, of all the things I've seen, this is not even close to a bannable offense. First off, there's no proof a transgression took place to be able to exploit. Furthermore, the actual usage of the exploit was also never documented, and finally, his armory link in his profile doesn't actually come up with a result, so there's no guarantee that you even know what server he's on, much less the character or account he used.

It's at this point, I'll do my fair share of both-sides playing in quoting Zwiggy,
Zwiggy wrote:the fact is i have pointed out an oppitunity to hack
Which is totally wrong. This isn't a hack. And while it's very poor grammatically and poor in spelling, it makes a totally valid point that you all fail to catch in your zeal to chain him up to a wooden post. He's POINTING OUT(not showing off) an OPPORTUNITY(not necessarily something he advocates for) to perform an exploit, which Blizzard will catch either way. That's WILDLY different from the accusations you're spewing forth at him.
If an exploit is clearly made possible and Blizzard is aware of it, they will fix it at a rate they deem sufficient given how many people are abusing it.

FOR EXAMPLE: If 5 people abused an exploit to sneak around Uldum to kill Cataclysm mobs in 4.0.3a, Blizzard would likely not fix the bug for a while, and probably wouldn't take action against the perpetrators at all unless they managed to acquire some superb item or farmed for many hours.

However, if that same exploit became common knowledge and was abused by thousands of people, the exploit would quickly be fixed and many of the transgressors in question would have punitive actions taken against their accounts.

Back up and re-read that, because both of those are real circumstances that have happened in the past week and a half.
Griffley wrote: Since you are the only one posting this kind of stuff you are probably ruining it, so yes there IS a difference.
It's cute that you think this information isn't already traveling around the internet. No really, keep up your delusions. They're fascinating.

You're posting this on a fairly popular open-forum which many people visit without posting, myself included. Some of those same people visit exploit and bug forums where their intentions may be more or less similar. In the case of "less similar," the knowledge is still traveling and you'd be hard pressed to prevent this from being exploited in SOME way.

This last bit I get a real kick out of.
Royi wrote:Please stop stop trying to pick a fight Ziggy, thats all the last few posts seem to be of yours. This is a friendly community, please act in accordance. There seems to be a motivation to "troll" that is coming out of your posts.
He wasn't trying to do anything but explain his position and the position that he (correctly)analyzed Blizzard would take.
The fight occurred when you "gentlemen" claimed that he was abusing and exploiting this bug, which he never stated. It came when you "friendly community" goers told him to "stop ruining it" for everyone else, despite the fact that he said and did nothing that should have indicated that he was ruining anything.

And THEN you go on to call HIM a troll. Which is just the funniest thing to me, that a person can make a perfectly valid claim with supporting evidence(albeit poorly written evidence and claim) and have it called trolling because you don't agree with the premise that some people(notably those on your forums) like to exploit bugs that they find.

Here's a thought, just because someone posits that a problem exists doesn't mean he's the one perpetuating the problem. Or the one trying to abuse it.

I advise you all to climb down from your collective high horse and apologize to this guy who did nothing anymore wrong than bugging the game to get these pets themselves.

Here's a neat idea that you might want to conceive of. What if there were an exploit to gain a bunch of companion pets without them counting towards any achievement or FoS. Blizzard would want to get rid of it because it's an exploit, regardless of whether or not it was purely cosmetic or vanity in nature.
A bug is a bug, and as someone who likes to tinker with development myself, when I see something functioning not as I intended, I like to fix it. Whether or not it actually causes a problem.

[/rant]

On topic, I've loved this EXPLOIT, and I'm really glad it was found. Having a flaming boar has been amazing and I really appreciate Griffley's contributions to the Hunter world through this.
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Rawr on yer bears just as wasn't completely clear, it's staying intact for deathes/stabling/dismissing etc for the disease cloud?
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Ariamodasu wrote:Rawr on yer bears just as wasn't completely clear, it's staying intact for deathes/stabling/dismissing etc for the disease cloud?

Stayed for stabling/dismissing not sure on the death, like I said I got him for just a few mins, I hearthed to Org stabled him, realized I dont really like bears and probably will never use him, took him out (he green clouded) and I released him. Sorry I didnt really think to have something kill him, Ill do that next time :mrgreen: