Possible New Flaming Pets

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Cblaze12
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Possible New Flaming Pets

Unread post by Cblaze12 »

So we've all tamed the flaming boars and other unique pets with the macro offered by griffy and his tricks, and we've been doing the list. I've come across something and I'm in process of trying now

South barrerns, in the othergrowth along the fissure, two particular mobs caught my attention, The glowing deviate plainstride, and the deviate terrortooth- Occaisonly the volcanco will spit lava out- You will see the fire shoot off in distance (and hear it) and it will strike 1 of the 2 mobs above near ledge, and they will catch on fire and burn for 4-5 seconds, Right now im attempting to tame one with same trick (fire will not hit them engaged) if anyone would like to head down there and try it too, would be much appreciated!

has anyone else noticed this or tried?
manbear
Realm: Laughing Skull

Re: POSSIBLE NEW FLAMING PETS

Unread post by manbear »

lol I'm actually there right now trying this and prowling these forums to see if anyone else had seen this and got it to work
bloodysam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scryers!

Unread post by bloodysam »

i'll try but idk if i will get it, i have the flaming boar as a ally which is cool lol, but i will try

Born a lonewolf...choosen to be with pets!
Thanks for the awwsome signature Pooksie!!
bloodysam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scryers!

Unread post by bloodysam »

could you post a pic of these to see what they look like im not usally in that area

Born a lonewolf...choosen to be with pets!
Thanks for the awwsome signature Pooksie!!
Cblaze12
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

OK I CAN CONFIRM IF YOU LEAVE INTENDED PET ICETRAPPED in one of spots it fireballs strike, it will catch on fire, but the cube melts, but i cant tell if its 4-5 second burn time, either way you see the fireball coming, so better to leave it in a spot you see it strike. then tame when you see fireball launch
Cblaze12
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

So two possible ways of achieving this

1. Leave mob alone and let it path along fissure edge, and start tame when you see volcano randomly launch a fireball (it will sometimes hit the ground or specifically target the deviate plainstrider or terrortooth.

2. Leave one of the two on an icetrap where fireballs land, and start tame when you see it launch (and hope it hits that spot)

LOCATION: SOUTHERN BARRENS http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/1090 ... 201732.jpg

also I see a hecklefang hyena, and a red terrortooth runner nearby, maybe it is possible to drag them over if tame works and get a fire effect one too.

Head over folks lets get some testers on this!

Edit- Fireball has 3-4 different strike spots, it will also target the plainstrider or terrortooth if we are NOT in combat with them randomly as well.

So far all fireballs seem random with no apparent timer or pattern
wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by wildstormz »

Can i see Picture of what this Pet looks like please

Thanks
manbear

Unread post by manbear »

2 reasons why i don't think this is gonna work.

1. unlike the boar and crab, this fire is a buff that wears off like frenzy, so at the very best you might be able to tame it and have it on fire for a second or two
2. I have been doing this for 30 mins now and out of the 18 tallstriders and raptors tamed, none have been on fire.
Cblaze12
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1748/w ... 202832.jpg

Sigh some punk lowbies came by and killed it while i was taming it with fire on it, i think i would have had it to
Cblaze12
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

manbear wrote:2 reasons why i don't think this is gonna work.

1. unlike the boar and crab, this fire is a buff that wears off like frenzy, so at the very best you might be able to tame it and have it on fire for a second or two
2. I have been doing this for 30 mins now and out of the 18 tallstriders and raptors tamed, none have been on fire.

You tamed them all like method we've used before, with fire buff still active when it completed?
manbear

Unread post by manbear »

Cblaze12 wrote:
manbear wrote:2 reasons why i don't think this is gonna work.

You tamed them all like method we've used before, with fire buff still active when it completed?
yes, i used both the macro and the friend method.

friend method = friend kills the mob as the tame finishes then you revive quickly
manbear

Unread post by manbear »

ok after taming several tallstriders with the macro method while they have 4 seconds left on their fire buff and not having any of em keep their fire, I think im gonna quit trying on this one.

For those of you who wanna keep trying, look for the tornado! thats where the fireballs come from.

Also, regardless of this works or not, its a great find.
Button
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Button »

I tried and pulled off the perfect tame (lots of time left on fire (de)buff, tamed similar to the others). I used the macro method. The raptor was not on fire when called. :( Sad panda.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

OK; someone needs to kill a raptor or tallstrider that has caught fire, and see if the effect is lost upon death. If the answer is no yes, then killing/taming/reviving the mob at the same time will accomplish nothing.
Last edited by Cialbi on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

manbear

Unread post by manbear »

Cialbi wrote:OK; someone needs to kill a raptor or tallstrider that has caught fire, and see if the effect is lost upon death. If the answer is no, then killing/taming/reviving the mob at the same time will accomplish nothing.
They don't
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Well, grammar fail on my part. Basically, I said 'no' when I meant 'yes'. manbear, I assume that you are confirming that these beasts do not keep the effect upon death.

So, while it's a neat discovery (I want a flaming raptor for a pet!), looks like this can't be pulled off.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Jaraii
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Re: Possible New Flaming Pets

Unread post by Jaraii »

Guys, it has already been covered that timed buffs/debuffs don't work for this trick. You need to find a timerless buff/effect that persists through death, not some random buff.
I know why I'm smiling, but why is everyone else??