You simply wont believe this...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sammax
Realm: Aerie Peak

You simply wont believe this...

Unread post by Sammax »

So, i saw terrorpene get killed at 9pm last night, and have been camping pretty much ever since.

He finally turns up, at 11pm today.

I have everything i need, over 40k health, 201 fire resistence, the core hound buff, haste potions and elixers. Im sitting there thinking at last, just taking everything, and i start taming.

Its going well and i can see its going to work. Then along comes another hunter.

Another hunter that already has him, who starts to attack him.....

This hunter, without any thought, which is very strange since he is a hunter, with terrorpene as a pet, just kills him, in front of me, whilst im trying to tame him.

He said he was looking for items, and said i wouldnt of been able to tame him. The guy didnt even let me try.

I literally cant believe this. I dont know what to do now.

How unbelievably inconsiderate...

I feel very empty
Blooddsurge
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: You simply wont believe this...

Unread post by Blooddsurge »

that hunter is just guy is what it is...
srry to hear that:/
Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

what a jerk! dont worry you will get him :hug:
Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Phyra »

Sorry to hear that :/

You'll get yours, and karma will get that hunter.

Here's hoping your event doesnt' turn out like mine, where the person who stole my TLPD kill (knowingly/similar to your situation) is now posting here on the Petopian forums.

Blah.

I guess the point is, eventually everything comes first circle, and people get what they give.
While you were robbed temporarily, it will be temporary. Here's hoping you get your turtle soon! :)
Blooddsurge
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Blooddsurge »

your seriously gonna start this here?
and what happend to that king krush i was going to tame?
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

TLPD is not a rare tamable. Killing an untamable rare spawn is NOT the same as killing a tame out from under someone.

/2cents
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

I agree with Ziarre. Although losing the TLPD is, for example, a very painful experience, it isn't quite the same as having your tame killed out from under you mid-tame.

As, if someone tries to kill the TLPD after you're halfway through killing it, all they've done is gotten you your loot faster.
Tulune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravenholt

Unread post by Tulune »

Terrorpene doesn't even drop anything worthy of looting. Seems to me that other hunter wanted to be a special snowflake and limit the amount of other tames.
Wut?
Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Phyra »

Ziarre wrote:TLPD is not a rare tamable. Killing an untamable rare spawn is NOT the same as killing a tame out from under someone.

/2cents

It's still something (a rare spawn) you hunt for, sometimes for an obscene amount of time. :)

There is little difference if you're looking for an X-mob to tame/kill for achievement/drop/whatever. People griefing people is still people griefing people.

Albain wrote:I agree with Ziarre. Although losing the TLPD is, for example, a very painful experience, it isn't quite the same as having your tame killed out from under you mid-tame.

As, if someone tries to kill the TLPD after you're halfway through killing it, all they've done is gotten you your loot faster.

I've had the gambit of it all happen. From tames killed from under me, to things I was holding for other Petopian folks to come tame.
The one thing that really stuck with me more than anything regarding the TLPD was someone seeing me aggro the thing mid-air to drag to a ledge/somewhere over land to dps it, and have them shoot it while I was getting into place.
But that's a day for another story.

The ultimate point I was trying to make, is even though you most likely will never meet the people you interact with on warcraft, your actions still have consequences. Eventually everything comes full circle by your actions.

In the end it is just pixels and in the end, those types of people will get what they give. :)
Ezmode
Realm: Terokkar (US)

Unread post by Ezmode »

The one thing that really stuck with me more than anything regarding the TLPD was someone seeing me aggro the thing mid-air to drag to a ledge/somewhere over land to dps it, and have them shoot it while I was getting into place.

It wasn't your kill to steal, because you failed to tag the mob. End of story. And it's clear you didn't have a slowfall prepared so instead you wasted crucial seconds face-pulling it somewhere cushy.

To the victor go the spoils.

I apologise for going off topic OP, irrelevant pity-party posts like the above annoy me. I'm sorry for your loss, I understand the adrenalin involved in orchestrating the perfect tame, because once the same thing happened when I was attempting to tame Krush. The hunter in question did not have Krush himself, but it was heart-wrenching to watch him open fire as the tame I had spent hundreds of gold on in stam gear and consumables crashed to the ground.

But I encourage you not to give up. I got my Krush in the end and you will get your Terrorpene, you must just utilise the same resolve and love for the beast you have used all along. Clearly you researched your hunt and were well prepared, so I have complete faith you will get him, and the experience will be all the richer.

And if the gods are kind, you will cross paths with that hunter again and the last laugh will be yours.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Ezmode wrote:

It wasn't your kill to steal, because you failed to tag the mob. End of story. And it's clear you didn't have a slowfall prepared so instead you wasted crucial seconds face-pulling it somewhere cushy.

To the victor go the spoils.

*Cut*
Uhm. I'm siding with Phyra here. She helped him earlier in the day, then while she was trying to kill it, it would've been OBVIOUS she was going for it, he snagged it right beneath her. Let's say you're taming something but don't tag it. Someone kills it. Oh, it's not griefing. You didn't tag it. Whups!

To the victor go the spoils. Because guess what? Your precious rare isn't just for hunters. Some people want acheivement points.

And the real kicker? The hunter later asks her for help to find Krush. After taking the mount.
Phantomwolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korialstrasz

Unread post by Phantomwolf »

Wow you guys are so harsh, I hunted the TLPD too . I have seen spirit beasts stolen, killed, and a few ninja'd [sometimes from myself] and it is just wrong. Especially if the person knows your hunting it, whoever would do that is a ninja - plain and simple - it may sound rude but it's true. I remember during the 6 months of when I tried to tame Loque I found a hunter [an orc] already taming him. I did /cheer instead of shooting him and that guy thanked me for it, that one moment was way more satisfactory than shooting Loque and taking what belonged to someone else....
"Thanks to Veph for the awesome siggy! I love you!"
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

Terrorpene contributes to no achievement, so all that hunter got was a 25g grey--and killing someone's 'precious rare' in mid-tame is low class, plain and simple. Keep at it, Sammax, and I apologize for contributing to the derail.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Tumblr!

Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

Ezmode wrote:
I apologise for going off topic OP, irrelevant pity-party posts like the above annoy me. I'm sorry for your loss, I understand the adrenalin involved in orchestrating the perfect tame, because once the same thing happened when I was attempting to tame Krush. The hunter in question did not have Krush himself, but it was heart-wrenching to watch him open fire as the tame I had spent hundreds of gold on in stam gear and consumables crashed to the ground.
I agree very, very much. The situation may have sucked hard, but there's no reason to derail this thread because of it, especially when it involves another active Petopian that you can see had posted in the thread already, if I'm gleaming what I see above. That's just asking for another scoop full of drama on the sundae that is the subject already.

Aside from that, I'm sorry for your loss, OP. I really thought that people would leave Terrorpene alone because he doesn't seem to be worth killing (no Achieves, not that much money, and he hits like a truck), but that's me being optimistic when there are a lot of asshats out there.

I had a similar situation with Krush a few months before Cata, but I eventually got my tame (I suggest hunting in the am if you can), and I'm sure you will too. Good luck!

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Albain wrote:I agree with Ziarre. Although losing the TLPD is, for example, a very painful experience, it isn't quite the same as having your tame killed out from under you mid-tame.

Yes but people have had TLPD killed from under them- one of our very own most helpful hunters had it happen a bit back on her priest.

Oh wait- Azu already explained it.

Anyways. While I do uphold the 'if you didn't have it tagged it's not yours; if you clearly have tagged it/aggroed it/are taming it and someone else basically steals from you- they're no better than a Ninja. Mostly because they're being an ass.

And Op; hopefully you'll get Terrorpene, I think he was said to have around a 12 hour respawn timer but I'm not sure.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Always ALWAYS tag your tame.
But what that hunter did, was just plain wrong. Killing a beast that another hunter is in the middle of taming violates the accepted code of behaviour for MMO's

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

I'm hesitant to say 12h, as my tame was a little less than 6h after the previously reported spawn.
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

All the prattle above aside, the hunter who did that was a total asshat. That's all that really needs to be said.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

It's sad that this happens. I managed to get the turtle fairly easily, all things considering, but I've been looking for Karoma and Sambas since I hit 85. There was a lot of people in the highlands, so I felt a bit sad, after 2 whole night of camping with a ton of competition and stress, I do a flyby and see Karoma pop on my addon... he's dead. With all the hunters in the area, he was murdered. For a gray. I love that Blizz didn't give the beasts loot, but no one knows that, and so many people think they are part of a meta. I'm heartbroken to say the least. They should have been a bit hard to kill, like Ghostcrawler. People would realize they were companions. I'm sorry you had your tame stolen :(
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Thus is why WoWJackass.com is wonderful to have.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine