Pet theme: Rescued animals?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sorcha Ravenlock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Darkmoon Faire

Pet theme: Rescued animals?

Unread post by Sorcha Ravenlock »

So I started a new hunter yesterday (human) and I was thinking about pets to tame for her. One of the pets I want for her is a deadmines monkey. I always feel sorry for the poor things being forced to work there.
That got me thinking about other pets that need rescueing somehow, either because they are being forced to work somewhere, captured as experminents, and so on. this in contrast to just taming pets in the wild.

Are there any other animals out there besides the monkeys in DM that could do with a change of ownership? I'm sure there are, but my mind is drawing blank here. (I suppose I'm a bit overtired after several nights up with a child with a persistant cough :oops: ) I'm sure petopians will know of some more animals who are desperate for a new and more loving home.

Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Re: Pet theme: Rescued animals?

Unread post by Andine »

Maybe the diseased bears in Hillsbrad that are being used by the Forsaken as living spider egg incubators?
Sorcha Ravenlock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Yes, those would be great! She could tame one, nurse it to health and tame one with a none diseased skin eventually to show it has healed fully. Thank you.

I was also thinking about the warpstalkers in Winterspring, since they aren't likely to survive in a habitat so unlike their own, and the turtles in Thousand Needles that are stranded.
It's unfortunate you can't tame the ravager in the cage in Azuremist Isle, he needs a rescue too.

There must be more animals that are enslaved by certain races to work for them...

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Shattered Hand Wolves from Ramparts?
Sorcha Ravenlock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Oh, yes, I'll add those to her "to rescue" list as well.

I think I'll start with rescueing a Blackrock Battle Worg, the Blackrock orcs seem to use them as cannon fodder and the poor things look starved. :)

Jin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar EU

Unread post by Jin »

The sporebats in underbog surely are enslaved by evil Bog giants or Naga overlords. Such serene creatures would not attack unless they were forced to!
Sorcha Ravenlock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Yas! Those need a rescue as well... I knew Petopians would know of more needy pets, thanks. :)

Jin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar EU

Unread post by Jin »

Chromaggus! Created in horrible experiments and held captive in a small small cage, never allowed to go for a walk!
Sorcha Ravenlock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Hehe, he might have to wait for a while, since I'm level only 10, but I'll go and rescue him too. :D

GreenSea
Realm: Lightninghoof

Unread post by GreenSea »

Winna's kitten! She's the result of a horrible experiment that turned her into a beast, literally. She def needs rescuing
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

There are a lot of creatures that have a pet as part of their pat (alliteration for the win!). I'm sure that you could consider it 'rescuing'.

Then there are the mounted birds and raptors which can be tamed. They would surely appreciate it.

You could liberate a few of the Horde stablemasters' pets as well.

Several creatures which are part of a 'kill X many' could easily be swung into rescuing them from the death at the hands of various people. And of course, named mobs which have a 'Kill Him'.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Oh mah gosh what an awesome idea!!! I love it! *two thumbs way way up* Very cool.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

The scarlet tracking hounds! They could do with being rescued and rehabilitated.

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Slickrock4

Unread post by Slickrock4 »

There are a ton of diseased, cursed, or otherwise "effected" pets that are "freed" when you tame them (especially now with the taming being "fixed"). You should have no shortage of them :-)

But I have a challenge for you.

Go tame one of the boars in the tauren starting zone, assuming you are alliance. Those boars need rescuing and it will be hard to get to.
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

If Alliance: Frostworgs! D: Enslaved by the EVIL Horde! EVIL EVIL EVIL!
<-is not spewing propaganda

Diseased wolves D: Need healing! :D

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Eventually, you'll have to rescue a Hungering Plaguehound once you hit 80. You find out from a Ebon Blade questline that these dogs are starved to make them more vicious. You subdue them by tossing them a piece of meat, which they eat greedily then go to sleep afterwards. Later, you do bombing runs over the saronite mine that they are found at, thus rudely awakening the sleeping guard dogs with incendiary bombs.

@Raydex: It's a human hunter ;)
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

I have to say, this is pretty awesome. If I think of any others that haven't been mentioned I will let you know! As a horde, I rescued Snorts from Frosthold in Storm Peaks - but I recently got rid of him to make room for Karoma once I can get her.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Sorcha Ravenlock wrote:Oh, yes, I'll add those to her "to rescue" list as well.

I think I'll start with rescueing a Blackrock Battle Worg, the Blackrock orcs seem to use them as cannon fodder and the poor things look starved. :)
Tbh the wolves/worgs that need saving are in Burning Steppes: Most of the other wolves I have seen are well cared for, for the most part. But the ones in burning steppes? They have a cruel mistress who beats them, starves them and belittles their existance so much that when you do one of the quests involving stunning her...

They uh, make short work of her.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

silverstenopad wrote:The scarlet tracking hounds! They could do with being rescued and rehabilitated.
Seconded! I have this feeling that the fanatical Scarlets probably don't treat their pets well, because they're not exactly all there in the head, y'know? Back when they were red hyenas, I actually had Silinrul do this myself--on a mission to the monastery she decided the poor things needed rescuing because they were so ill treated.

(I'm actually reminded of World War Z for them. In that book there was a section where the 'interviewees' talked about how they trained dogs to help them scout out zombie infested areas and such. In order to find capable dogs, they would take a littler of puppies and put them right next to a confined zombie. The ones that cowered away were retired as 'pet' type dogs; the ones who growled at the zombies were trained as war-dogs. I imagine the Scourge-hating Scarlets do something similar with their pets, only probably crueler too).

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

When you get to 85, you'll have to go rescue Jadefang. She's clearly the last of her kind, and now her safety is threatened by goblins and clever engineers that want to kill her just to kidnap her child as a novelty pet.