Which kitty should I level/use?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

Kitty?

Aqua Saber
No votes
Black Saber
21%
Dark Striped Saber
48%
White Spotted Saber
7%
White Striped Saber
10%
Araga/Lioness
14%

Total votes: 29

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Which kitty should I level/use?

Unread post by Miraga »

So I've been collecting some saber cats but now I can't decide which I should run instances with in my survival spec. Can you guys help me out? Which do you think looks best? Here's a picture of my hunter if you want them to sorta match or anything. :3 Here's a link to the kitties, too! http://www.wow-petopia.com/family/cat.html

Thanks for any input, guys! I've been trying to decide but I just can't! :(

Last edited by Miraga on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Re: Which kitty should I level/use?

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Of the ones you've listed in your poll, I'd say the black saber fits your orc the best. I can't really see orcs with bright, flashy pets; they strike me as wanting something deadly and dangerous that serves its master well and brings honor and glory to the Horde.

That said, I think the lions would actually fit her best of all; all three stem from the Barrens, which used to be heavily Horde-controlled and still has a lot of Horde influence today. I could see her with a nice golden lion. If you still want sabers, I think Shango would look quite nice. This one is kinda flashy, but tigers WERE native to Durotar a while ago, and his color scheme fits pretty closely with the barren wastelands of Durotar. The lynxes might work too, since they are native to Durotar now.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Miraga »

I actually have Araga. :3 I can add her to the poll, I think.
Alastiel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: EU - Aszune

Unread post by Alastiel »

I personally think that Shadowclaw would suit your hunter perfectly. He gives a very suitably ferocious yet regal impression, and I have not seen that many hunters use him, strangely enough. In my opinion, he would be the perfect choice for an orc. Another alternative I would consider would be Shango. :)
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
Location: A certain house in Gilneas as long as I can sneak in to camp out there.

Unread post by Karma »

I like Shadowclaw as well--and your orc just seems to have the right vibe to make him the perfect companion. But then, that orc? She could walk with anything and look good:} Dark and menacing--any of the black cats would be my choice.
Tulune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravenholt

Unread post by Tulune »

I have tamed and tried out all of the saber models (I am a fem Orc as well) and I have to say, Shango is the clear winner. The best looking, and his eyes have a neat orange glow in the dark.

The white spotted one is the worst. It's too bright of a white, and it's spots make the nose cloudy looking.
Wut?
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I voted the dark striped saber cat, but I think Duskfang (the solid black) would look nice as well. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Miraga »

thanks for all your input, guys! n___n I actually had Shango for a little while but I didn't click with him. Then when people realized he had a new skin, I kept seeing him EVERYWHERE on my server D: I think if I get a tiger, it would be an old school model, though the more I have Devaki (striped black saber) out the more I like him. I actually only got the spotted saber because it was my druid's first mount pre-bc and I just HAD to have it! :D I'm going to see if anyone else votes though it seems like most people like the dark models. I like them, too! :3
pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

Not sure if you're level 85 yet, but you may want to consider the new hunched tigers. I think they would look great with your character, and they're a fresh new model that isn't as overused as Shango. :D

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/tigergemskinred.html

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!