Almost there! (image alert) EDIT: Cataclysm Pets complete!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Mimic
Realm: Stormrage EU

Almost there! (image alert) EDIT: Cataclysm Pets complete!

Unread post by Mimic »

:P It's been a week of little sleep, and painfully tired days at work but I've finally got what I wanted out of Cataclysm pets :D

Presenting:

The Sambas tame was the most recent and completely unexpected. I had spent a good 7 hours camping him this evening, asking in trade every 20 minutes if anyone had seen/killed/tamed him.
I got a whisper back, saying yes they'd killed him to the west of Thundermar and when I asked what he dropped, he said "random trash drop". The details seemed legit (I'm ever suspicious) and felt quite disappointed.

Nevertheless I just sat my hunter in the spawn spot to the East, and read a book instead. An hour later, my NPCscan went off! I jumped out of bed, hardly believing my ears. The lying sonova...
9 seconds later Sambas was mine :D

I'm still not sure why someone would lie about killing a rare, but I'm glad things turned out ok in the end.

The last rare now is Jadefang which I'm not sure about (can't really see a rock thing as an animal) but for completion's sake, I'll probably start camping tomorrow :D
Last edited by Mimic on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Almost there! (image alert)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

People lie about killing rares, especially if they know you're a hunter, to make you feel worse about the rare in question. It's why I never ask in general chat if anyone's seen the rare I'm looking for because not only will people lie about it, it puts up a red alert that there's someone out there looking for it and gives evil-minded people the incentive to go on the hunt for a kill.
That's what I think anyway.

Anywho, congrats on all your tames. ^_^

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Congrats!!! I love 'em all *scoops up Mimic's pets for a big group hug*

Did you particularly want that colour of Madexx, or was it just the first one that spawned for you? I love that colour (and really don't want the others, I think - perhaps I'll change my mind once I see them in-game, but I looooove that blue!!) but I dunno about camping for a particular colour of a rare spawn... :?

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Mimic

Unread post by Mimic »

I actually didn't mind which colour I got, but as it happened blue was my favourite :)

Like yourself I wasn't sure about the other colours but having seen someone else with the red, I think that looks great as well :D

@Tyger - yeah I guess that's true, I guess it was just beyond me why they did it, since effectively being malicious for its own sake doesn't make much sence. There's no gain at all :S
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

Congrats! I just finished my Cata stable last night- finally got Madexx (black version).

As for people in general I too have had similar issues. I've come to a conclusion: People are bored, and they don't like hunters because they think we are lazy. I had a guy tell me, "You must be a woman, you play a huntard and must have your pet do everything for you." It's true, I am a woman.. but when I told him my main was a prot pally for three years he shut up. Hahaha. Still, it would be nice if people were a bit more friendly about pets and a bit less stuck up.

Particularly regarding non-hunters, because of the achievements for BC and WotLK for killing rares people assume that there are achievements for Cata- thus they don't care if you want to tame it or if you tell them there is no achievement for it, they want the "blue item that must drop off of the rare because all rares have awesome loot." Sigh...

Good luck with Jadefang she's pretty fun- I ended up going back for her after I tamed her to get the little spider pet. Did the same for my husband last night too.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Mimic wrote:
@Tyger - yeah I guess that's true, I guess it was just beyond me why they did it, since effectively being malicious for its own sake doesn't make much sence. There's no gain at all :S
Some people just enjoy bullying for the sake of it, especially in front of a computer screen where they''re completely anonymous.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Jroaeyl
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Jroaeyl »

Grats! I'm still a long way off and this really inspires me.

And oh, honestly, my first reaction was, THERE ARE GNOME HUNTERS NOW?! lol
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Grats on your tames!

And yeah, people will be jackasses to just be jackasses.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rozetta
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Rozetta »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:People lie about killing rares, especially if they know you're a hunter, to make you feel worse about the rare in question. It's why I never ask in general chat if anyone's seen the rare I'm looking for because not only will people lie about it, it puts up a red alert that there's someone out there looking for it and gives evil-minded people the incentive to go on the hunt for a kill.

I think the same way you do. I never let people know what I'm doing or ask in general about the rares.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Rozetta wrote:I think the same way you do. I never let people know what I'm doing or ask in general about the rares.
I only mention it in general if I'm offering a hefty prize to whoever helps me get what I want. ;)

Also grats on all these great tames! I've found Jadefang to be the easiest of the lot, just for the fact that you need a specific quest to get to him. Most people probably don't even know how to get to him yet.
Fido
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Fido »

You are very persistent. You deserve those awesome pals after all the time you put into getting them! Congratulations!

- Foil on Llane

Mimic

Unread post by Mimic »

Golden wrote:
Rozetta wrote:I think the same way you do. I never let people know what I'm doing or ask in general about the rares.
I only mention it in general if I'm offering a hefty prize to whoever helps me get what I want. ;)

Also grats on all these great tames! I've found Jadefang to be the easiest of the lot, just for the fact that you need a specific quest to get to him. Most people probably don't even know how to get to him yet.
Funnily enough I had my macro altered to include a reward in it after the priest told me he'd killed it. After 7 hours of camping, I wanted to increase my chances that it wouldn't be "killed" again...

So looks like I managed to save myself some gold too by stubbornly hanging around :D

Jadefang looks like it might take a while, the RNG daily gods aren't smiling on me at the moment...
Mimic

Unread post by Mimic »

Despite my good intentions of camping long and hard for my last cataclysm rare, I got sidetracked (heavily) by archeology and my search for this:

So imagine my surprise and joy when after I looted it from my Canopic Jar, that Jadefang also appeared for me :D

Now to just powerlevel my alchemy...
Mimic

Re: Almost there! (image alert) EDIT: Cataclysm Pets complet

Unread post by Mimic »

It took an extra week but it feels good to be done. Woke up at 2.30am and just logged on at the off chance for Jadefang and sure enough here it is :D
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage - A, Thrall - H

Unread post by Kormai »

Your character looks in shock in that last picture! But congrats!!!!

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Stormrage | Kormai - 100 Draenei Hunter | Kari - 6 Worgen Hunter
...and so many other alts!
Ascalaphus
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Ascalaphus »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:People lie about killing rares, especially if they know you're a hunter, to make you feel worse about the rare in question. It's why I never ask in general chat if anyone's seen the rare I'm looking for because not only will people lie about it, it puts up a red alert that there's someone out there looking for it and gives evil-minded people the incentive to go on the hunt for a kill.

Yeah. :( I was looking for Karoma last night and had a "summoned pet" bug that wouldn't let me tame.. I couldn't revive my "pet" that was apparently "Summoned" or call another pet.. I reloaded my UI and within the 5sec that took a Warrior killed me and Karoma. :(
Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Unread post by Sherbe »

:) Love your Goblin, she has the same face as Hiyoutube/Totabisquit. Nice tames, are the bigger pets at all annoying since your gob is so small? Do they get in the way? I'm thinking of making a goblin hunter, that's why the questions.

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Eleos wrote:Yeah. :( I was looking for Karoma last night and had a "summoned pet" bug that wouldn't let me tame.. I couldn't revive my "pet" that was apparently "Summoned" or call another pet.. I reloaded my UI and within the 5sec that took a Warrior killed me and Karoma. :(
What a bastard. :( Hope you find her again soon.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Mimic

Unread post by Mimic »

Sherbe wrote::) Love your Goblin, she has the same face as Hiyoutube/Totabisquit. Nice tames, are the bigger pets at all annoying since your gob is so small? Do they get in the way? I'm thinking of making a goblin hunter, that's why the questions.
No I don't find her size annoying at all, but I've played gnomes before so I'm not really surprised by it :)

@ everyone - thanks for the grats, I feel really pleased and also partly relieved that the camping is over :P