I saw Krush- ALIVE.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I saw Krush- ALIVE.

Unread post by Ryai »

Yep that's right, I finally saw him in game. FINALLY. SINCE THE RELEASE OF WRATH. On Hellscream Horde side.

On my belf pally first but I stumbled and scrambled to get Yasindra there, praying I could get there before someone found him. Well someone had; a dorf hunter who didn't even seem to give a damn I was there.

Of course the fool dies as he was using a DPS pet of all things. I mourned the pet and moved on, I knew I had little time to atleast TRY. So I'm getting ready and setting up and two alliance appear. I fear the worst, but they hold back, seeming to know my intentions.

So I try.

Krush hits hard. Very hard. I got to 10 seconds of the tame with 7k or so hp left before he feared me and in two squishy stomps and bites, I was dead.

But the ally were kind enough, atleast it looked like, to wait untill I had rezzed and well, basically gave them the go-ahead to kill Krush.

I felt a bit sore when they killed him, but not at them perse. More at blizzard, at making a pet of a unique skin, be so, so horrible to ever try and attempt to tame solo.

Hopefully when Yas dings 77 I'll have more luck with STD cat.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: I saw Krush- ALIVE.

Unread post by Rhyela »

Ugh, I somehow both look forward to and dread the challenge of taming the neon green dino myself. Two more levels to go til I'm even able to attempt it. Then I gotta look around for eons, and then if I finally find him, hope that my brother and friend are on at the same time to help me out (two healers, yay!). I do kinda resent the fact that rare skins are often on impossibly difficult to find (or tame) mobs, but then in a way that's what makes them so much more awesome when you finally do get them.

Well, tangent aside, hopefully you tame that big mean green machine someday. Good luck!!! ;)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

To be honest I don't really care about the awesome factor that much anymore lol. Taming Hydralisk a day before retirement, tripping over Loque, stumbling into Skoll hiding behind a tree so close to a farm bot and somehow solo taming King Mosh at 70 have given me more than enough wows under my belt for things like that.

I just want green devilsaur lol.

The healing tbh isn't what you also need to focus on, it's the fear. Idk if he feared during TBW but he feared as I said 10 seconds into the tame. I'm not sure I'd have survived the rest of the tame anyways as Yas was down to erf, 7k hp, outta 12k. So hopefully your friends have either Fear ward or the totem that breaks fear for shammies, cause it's not the damage really that's horrible, as at 80 you can get over that with like pvp gear [Ryai has like 30k lol], it's the damned fear.

But I wish you luck :)
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

One of my friends is a priest, and I fully intend to use him for his fear ward. I figure between he and my brother's resto shammy, I should be ok. Fear ward, bubble, prayer of mending/renew, earth shield, heroism.....it's just a matter of luck and everyone being on at the same time. :?

And unfortunately I don't have any "wow's" under my belt. But that's not the reason I want him; like you, I like that he's green. He could be a level 50 devilsaur stomping about in Un'Goro, and I'd still want him. But nooooo, he's a rare elite level 75 that you can't CC. lol

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Ryai wrote:But the ally were kind enough, atleast it looked like, to wait untill I had rezzed and well, basically gave them the go-ahead to kill Krush.
Ah, if only everyone was this kind!

Kroxis
Realm: Daggerspine -US

Unread post by Kroxis »

To solo tame here a few tips I can suggest as these are what I had to do.

1. Tweak the spec to include all of the health increase and damage reducing talents you can afford from BM and surv. this is when I purchased duel spec and had this version as my second spec for while I was hunting.

2. Put together a set of gear with stamina and haste. You can augment this haste with consumables as well but you want, at the time you are taming, enough haste to push the cast time of Tame beast under the duration of the beast within. I recommend test tames ever so often till your sure you got in the right range.

3. Find and use a macro that will allow you to cast BW and abandon pet skipping the confirmation dialogue at the same time. Though be sure to set this macro on a spot not key-bounded and away from usual things you hit and to remove it from the bar at any times in which you will have a real pet out.

4. Find yourself a "trash pet" anything local to the basin will do, I used a wasp.

At this point once set up and ready go on the hunt, I suggest also using the BM talent increasing mount speed, move out. Add ons like NPCscan help a lot also. When you do find him you can drop down engage him with the trash pet to tag and get off a sting shot to reduce his ap. Once that is done use any haste consumables your using and hit your macro to pop BW and abandon the pet. He will be walking to at this point, so immediately hit tame beast.

Barring any outside interruptions you should now have your very own green dino!
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Haste pots really work now? Cause last time I tried one [was trying to tame a corehound before Ryai hit 80], they didn't seem to work.

And guess I can always just craft some cloth gear with haste, gem it with haste+stam, grab a haste pot and all that 8)