Obligatory "Where are you, rare pets?" Magic Luck Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Obligatory "Where are you, rare pets?" thread.

Unread post by Slickrock »

Thread, gonna need your help here. No idea of a timer now with the restart, and I just can't camp anymore. If Blue or Green Madexx is to appear, you'll have to do your magic soon.

Back to work next week, and wife is getting annoyed. very annoyed. This needs to end.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

I'm on a roll today!

Ghostcrawler, Karoma and now Terrorprene! :D But I've gifted him to my brother (who has learning difficulties) as I know he's had his eye on him :) I cheered him on as he tamed - felt way better that me taming him :*)

Please thread just a green or red madexx now :D

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Hey, Jadefang.

I'd really appreciate an appearance from you. It's been a wretched day, and adding you to my stable would help lots.

I put out a pony keg for you...come and have a drink with me?

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

NeoBlackheart
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by NeoBlackheart »

posting here in hopes I run across a spirit beast... any of them really any would work.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I seem to be a good luck charm for Sambas horde seekers. o.O Now, Jadefang should show up for a couple of folks and Sambas for Mearra. Would I like a Terrorpene? Sure, but Novi has had good luck. C'mon thread. Squee spider and a kitty?
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

I think thread has failed me.. Green Madexx not to be found.. will have to settle for red, and the Jadefang mini-pet I just got.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

That's what I thought at first, too, Slickrock. But give red a chance, like I gave black a chance. You may end up loving it for its own reasons and decide you really don't need green as much as you thought you did, after all. :)

I hope that whatever happens, you end up with a Madexx you enjoy. :hug:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Yay delayed reaction. Just managed to nab Jadefang about ten minutes ago. Her name is now Blarnei, after the Blarney stone, because she is green and well...made out of rock. :lol:

Guess I'll have to buy her (and Novi!) a pint of stout. :P

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

OCJ. It's been a month+. I'd be happy to see even a poop from you. (btw ANY post-Cata confirmation will be appriciated, just not post-Shattering though)
Blooddsurge
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Blooddsurge »

ok i dont think this thread likes me. so maybe i need to just talk to madexx.

hey buddy,
so we both kno how long ive been out here. ive helped people tame you, beg for you to spawn at the moment where i was at the time, waited for almost 3 weeks now. it seems you just dont want to spawn blue on our server? so if your shy please dont be. im here to take you home, feed you, youll make friends with my pets. i will take care of you. so dont worry and just trust me and we will go on lots of adventures. i promise buddy so please just spawn for me in blue.

ill be waiting love, blooddsurge :)
ServÅntos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by ServÅntos »

/roll for terrorpene

Signature made by Veph
Novikova

Tahlian wrote:Yay delayed reaction. Just managed to nab Jadefang about ten minutes ago. Her name is now Blarnei, after the Blarney stone, because she is green and well...made out of rock. :lol:

Guess I'll have to buy her (and Novi!) a pint of stout. :P
Aw,
congratulations. :D Jadefang is one of my 5 steady pets always. <3 da shquee spiders. Now we needs a Sambas... and why do I want Terrorpene? AGH. Bad Novi! BAD!

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Novikova wrote: Now we needs a Sambas... and why do I want Terrorpene? AGH. Bad Novi! BAD!
You like teh shinies? Here, you can play with this gum wrapper instead. *shines* Actually...hold on...I think I'll just hang onto this for a bit longer....*plays with wrapper*

Sorry, guess I like shiny things, too. ;)

But in all seriousness, I think I'm going to hold off on getting Sambas in the *hopes* that they someday make a white version (and black, too, I suppose). I let my Tetsusaiga (Echeyakee) go back in LK. That lion had been with me for years. I recently re-tamed him, but it just isn't the same. I need something similar but different, and a white Sambas would be PERFECT. Ah well, I can dream.

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Novikova

Well, I like Terrorpene's look but my squee spider and scarab really have me covered for soloing. *hides eyes* I tried camping this evening - was alone for an hour, then two night elves and a goblin sat on my spot so I figured it wasn't worth the fuss and left. I like the tan Sambas, but honestly my main spec is BM and I have a dragonhawk for Surv - so it's hard for me to justify taking it from someone who would use it as a main pet. Either way, here's hoping for my peeps still campin'.

Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage - A, Thrall - H

Unread post by Kormai »

*sigh* Oh Loque'nahak...Kormai saw you today...but Kari just couldn't get there in time to tame you as her own. You disappeared...someone else tamed you or some evil person killed you! It's later...and I am very tired...I would appreciate it if you would spawn so that Kari can tame you! And so I can go to bed happy.

Oh....you're also only my favourite pet of all time!!!! :'(

/rubs thread
Pwease!?

EDIT: well I'm faceplanting and no spirit kitty....and rolling restarts to commence at 8 am my time...guess I'm back to square one :(

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Stormrage | Kormai - 100 Draenei Hunter | Kari - 6 Worgen Hunter
...and so many other alts!
Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

Tamed Sambas a little while ago! :D I've been semi-camping all the newer Cata rares so I fly from one zone to the next checking their spawn points for a couple minutes. After no luck in the Madexx department I headed to Twilight Highlands to see if I couldn't get a group for Crucible. I was flying around asking in general for a group and checking the Karoma spawn points. Nothin there and no CoC group. Started flying toward the Sambas points. I dont have npcscan but I always make a /target macro. So flying around absent-mindedly hitting the macro for /target Sambas. Almost to Thundermar the macro picks up something. ITS SAMBAS!!! I haphazardly dropped from my proto-drake to the ground and placed a freezing trap, tagged and tamed my new lion :) He was just northwest of Thundermar and I mean JUST. He was so close I dont know how someone didn't see him, he must've just spawned! Right after taming I looked at my right hand, it was shaking so bad! Talk about nervous! There must've been 8 hunters out there besides me! And thats not including horde! So if your on Scarlet Crusade, he was tamed at about 4:40 server time.

I apolagize for the wall of text i'm just excited XD For those camping him or Jadefang, I think I have a little luck left in my frostweave bags left over from my own tames. *sprinkles some luck on the thread* Best of luck to everyone!

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Airwyn wrote:*sprinkles some luck on the thread* Best of luck to everyone!
Oww! My eye! Watch where you're sprinkling that crap, will ya? :lol:

j/k, grats!!! I haven't seen Sambas in the wild yet, but NPC Scan has no problem picking him up in Stormwind, lol. /sigh :) What did you name him? Screen shots? Do share!

Novikova

Well, I'd like to try for Terrorpene but I'm kinda afraid to because at least one female Night Elf has no qualms about parking on me. :( That never ends well. Oh well, maybe late at night/early morning.

Krunkk

Unread post by Krunkk »

I play on thaurissan, a very popular PvP server. It's almost impossible to camp because there's always another 3-5 hunters hanging around. I've been camping sambas for the last 2 weeks but i'm finidng it impossible just to stay in 1 spot the entire time.

How do you guys do it?
Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Unread post by Sherbe »

I kind of wouldn't really advice staying in one spot if it's not Arcturis you're hunting.... :P All my many-spotted rares have been tamed on a flyby of the whole spawnspot round. Well, I was parked on the southern Loque monkey spot and alt-tabbed, NPC scan blares and I tab back just to see a huge green t-rex. Fun :) But Loque I tamed while doing a round on the other points.
And I was camping Sambas's northern spot, and two other hunters flew in from the horde base. I decided that my draenei was a third wheel and left, and boom north of Thundermar, kitty!

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!