Inter-faction Diplomacy and Hunters

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
deoradh
Realm: Arathor

Inter-faction Diplomacy and Hunters

Unread post by deoradh »

At least on Arathor, we seem to be good sports about the rare spawns. I can't tell you how often this past week I've played show-and-tell with the opposing faction, often ending with them wishing me luck (since I'm obviously not budging) and flying off. Not of course that they won't come back to check on me (or rather, to see if I'd gotten bored of camping -- they know not my stamina).

It's nice to experience, especially when we hear much about tames being spited. I first experienced this when one other hunter cheered my tame of Arcturis, even though I'd died on my first attempt minutes before. Swell guy.

So, to Nooble on Arathor, Madexx hasn't spawned here, yet. You can go back to bed. ;)

And to Scatora, Jadefang took another several hours to spawn, but your druid friend danced well.

(And to the Kharmic Gods of Petopia Posts.. this was a strong hint to make with the Madexx spawning already. I'm running through movies like there's no server refresh!)
Arganor @ Arathor -- Knights of Ancient War (Unofficial Zookeeper)
deoradh
Realm: Arathor

Re: Inter-faction Diplomacy and Hunters

Unread post by deoradh »

Thank you, Kharmic Gods of Petopian Posts! Not the color I was hoping for, but beautiful all the same.

Tamed at 47.1 17.5
Tamed Madexx.jpg
Tamed Madexx.jpg (385.34 KiB) Viewed 967 times
Arganor @ Arathor -- Knights of Ancient War (Unofficial Zookeeper)
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

You may say not the color you hoped for, but it looks phenomenal with you--color-reversal! Your black fur & glowing red eyes look great with the shining red black-tipped carapace :D
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Congrats on the tame! Lol @ Petopia forum gods. If ever a god I were to believe in...

As a matter of fact, the pet I'm currently using right now - Skoll - was essentially handed to me by another player. A paladin, in fact, who found him and sent his friend to advertise in Dalaran for a hunter who wanted the tame. I, ever sceptical, flew there myself and had a look around to see if Skoll really was up when I got a whisper from the Paladin asking if I wanted the pet, and if so could I be quick because it was almost dead and he was trying to heal through its attacks. I flew down and hastily attempted the tame, but of course Pally had aggro, so Pally died to reset Skoll's aggro to me and let me tame. He did ask for a tip after all that but lol, I wouldn't blame him.

I've also met some really nice people cross-faction (as well as the total losers). Once on a Jadefang run I bumped into a Goblin hunter (who I hear later tamed her... grats if you see this hehe) and we waved at each other and wished each other luck. A while ago I found a rarespawn (I think it was Arcturis, but I'm not sure) and was trying to find a hunter in the zone to tame it before someone came along and killed it when a hordie flew up in BM, obviously looking for it, so I FD'd and let them take it. I remember they were so grateful, they made an Alli toon and we had a chat. I'm pretty sure the same thing happened once to me, cross-faction, where I made a Horde alt to say thank you.

I find it much more rewarding to make someone happy/potentially make a new friend than kill someone's spawn. Regardless of faction. :x

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I don't mess with other people's tames. It's just rude. Even if they are cross-faction there's still a person there behind the keys. I am still grateful Nahth was kind enough to point out that Jadefang was up and show me where to stand. Thank you. :D It more than cancels out the horde killing my topaz shale spider tames. (Really, you can't use the world of WARcraft argument on a pve server where I can't retaliate...)
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I definitely have a sense of kinsmanship with other hunters, regardless of faction. I have never, and nor will I ever, interfere with another's tame. Even if they've been a complete prick and were griefing someone else over a rare, I'll just let them tame the pet so that they'll have it and be gone. I won't stoop to their level and kill it from under them. Better for them to tame it and never have to worry about them again.

Anyways...if I'm ever out and about and see a lowbie hunter taming something, I'll usually go up and drop a freeze trap for them. I also wish wish other hunters good luck if I see them at the spawn point of a rare, and cheer at any successful tames I come across.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I even wished a warlock luck this morning as he was sitting in Jadefang's spot. I know full well he intends to kill it for the pet, but dedication is dedication regardless of what someone plans to do. Besides, I can fully understand wanting a cute little shale spider pet. But yeah, that guy had been there camping well before me, so I wished him luck (and only asked that he send me the time it was killed via mail so I knew when to come back). Nothing is gained by being a jerk to someone, ever. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

I just had a little opposite faction friendly emote chat with an Orc Hunter that swooped over me as I finished my Karoma tame. He /cheered at me after seeing that I managed the tame, so I gave him a hug and wished him luck.

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Vephriel wrote:I definitely have a sense of kinsmanship with other hunters, regardless of faction. I have never, and nor will I ever, interfere with another's tame. Even if they've been a complete prick and were griefing someone else over a rare, I'll just let them tame the pet so that they'll have it and be gone. I won't stoop to their level and kill it from under them. Better for them to tame it and never have to worry about them again.
I hear this alot, but the thing is, being a jerk to someone who was minding their own business is worse than being a jerk to a jerk. So if you see someone harassing someone who did nothing to deserve it, then you can feel free to mess with the harasser and be secure in the knowledge that while you are lowering yourself somewhat by doing so (which is true of any reaction other than turning the other cheek btw) - you are not lowering yourself to their level, in fact it could be said you are just doing your little part to help keep the karmic balance... :mrgreen:
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

Ive never had trouble with diplomacy on Cenarion Circle either :3 Normally if a hunter sees me at a spot, they fly away. I do the same for them, only seems fair -- first come first served. I've had Ally hunters emote all sorts of funny/silly things to my pets in big cities too. I've helped and been helped by numerous Allies during quests too. The diplomacy on my server at least seems pretty awesome.

Grats on Madexx too, by the way! Want so much myself... ;_;!

EDIT: oh goodness and I totally forgot! The Alliance paladin that saved my butt when I tamed Krush! This amazingly kind soul saw me trying to tame and kept Krush distracted/tagged him every time I died, and would then bubble himself to drop aggro and cheer at me when I came back and waved. He stunned Krush a few attempts too. I was in tears I was so happy, hahaha. The last thing I ever expect in a game is that sort of kindness, it really, really made my day. And I did get Krush too in the end :) :)
Dalthok
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Balnazzar (Horde)

Unread post by Dalthok »

You guys must be on pve servers, my server is pvp and for the most part if we see a hunter of the opposite faction taming a rare pet we kill them and take the tame, if their a hunter of the same faction than theres usually pretty good conduct.
Dalthok
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Dalthok »

even than i attack the hunter not the beast.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Dalthok wrote:You guys must be on pve servers, my server is pvp and for the most part if we see a hunter of the opposite faction taming a rare pet we kill them and take the tame, if their a hunter of the same faction than theres usually pretty good conduct.
I'm kinda torn on pvp servers. On one hand, jerknoids like the mage who followed me around killing my tames (Plural!) because this is world of WARcraft lulzor - I could properly mop the floor with him and go on about my day. Instead I have to just deal with being griefed since I'm pve. But on the other... not dying horribly while AFK and dancing with cross-faction peeps is fun (Bonus: Get everyone to break out their time lost figurines and dance).
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Dalthok
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Dalthok »

meh in pvp there more challenge i think and more things to hunt ;P
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Oh! A fellow Arathor-ian :)

Yeah, I really love our server, for the most part everyones a good sport about camping rares, and being respectful to those who were there first.
I have also been saved several times by a member of the opposite faction rushing in to help kill a mob that was about to finish me off, /salute to them!

camping for rares in the Basin is one of those places where I see someone camping a spot and ask what they are hunting, if its what i am hunting I wish them luck and move on, if it's something different i let them know what I am hunting and promise to keep an eye out for what they are hunting...many nights filled with
/r just did a circle, nadda for both, how about you?
/ nothing yet...know any good jokes?
etc
Better to make friends that can help then griefers.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I love the odd cross-faction camraderie you find sometimes when camping a rare. I ran into the horde hunter that gave me a timer for Terrorpene, and promptly pulled Abbadon out for a /point and /thank fest. Another horde was camping Sambas along with me, and we eventually started to /luck and /cheer and /wave when we spotted each other, since we'd both been there a while.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Worba wrote:
Vephriel wrote:I definitely have a sense of kinsmanship with other hunters, regardless of faction. I have never, and nor will I ever, interfere with another's tame. Even if they've been a complete prick and were griefing someone else over a rare, I'll just let them tame the pet so that they'll have it and be gone. I won't stoop to their level and kill it from under them. Better for them to tame it and never have to worry about them again.
I hear this alot, but the thing is, being a jerk to someone who was minding their own business is worse than being a jerk to a jerk. So if you see someone harassing someone who did nothing to deserve it, then you can feel free to mess with the harasser and be secure in the knowledge that while you are lowering yourself somewhat by doing so (which is true of any reaction other than turning the other cheek btw) - you are not lowering yourself to their level, in fact it could be said you are just doing your little part to help keep the karmic balance... :mrgreen:
This is how feuds are born, Worba. Someone sees you griefing another hunter, but don't know that you were 'justified' due to limited inter-faction communication. If the have the same philosophy as you, then you now have someone else that is going to grief you. While this won't escalate like an actual feud, it will make you a lot of enemies very quickly. After all, the original griefer isn't going to say "Some jerk is griefing me because I was just picking on some lowbies"; the latter part will be conveniently left out. Human beings have a hard time finding fault in their own actions, but are quick to find fault in the actions of others. This is especially true when emotions are running high due to an escalating conflict.

Oh, and if the person you are coming to the aid to may not be as innocent as you thought, how are you going to know? Said person almost certainly won't tell you...
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Mm hmm, I'm with Cialbi. I would much rather smile and wave politely as they tame their rare, knowing that the stark kindness will be in sharp relief to their previous behaviour. They're the ones making an ass of themselves, not me. The person can take their pet and leave, and I'll feel much more relieved than if I had tried to prolong some silly feud. Doing something like killing their rare out of spite just as they had tried to do would only prolong the aggression and most likely ensure further griefing. It's a needless cycle, and one that I would take no part in.
Celi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Oceanic

Unread post by Celi »

I play on a hugely horde heavy PvP server and as alliance it's soo hard to do anything. I was killed several times seconds after my Terrorpene tame by a gang of hordies. On PvE servers, it's easier to be diplomatic. I try to be, I'll even go out of my way to help random hordies with things and I get a friend on horde to pass messages to polite hunters camping the same rare as me - like the nice troll hunter who was camping Terropene with me. He wasn't involved in killing me after as he'd logged to a lvl 1 alliance to talk to me about where he'd spawned etc.

I have encountered asses on both factions who will sit around in the spawn spots of rares and pull theirs out when they see a hunter. It's a pain in the ass and I've already seen it with Sambas the last couple of days. And with the queues to get onto BR... grrrrrrr. Tame your pet and kindly frig off please so others can get theirs and not have to keep closing wow to clear their cache because of your asshat behaviour.

I tend to just spam /bored and /yawn when being ganked by one of many gangs of horde. Because to be honest, as far as I'm concerned, those kiddies in gangs ganking are the most boring and unorigional people out there. I find myself more worried by horde just quietly leaving me alone. You're on your toes wondering when they're going to turn around and kill you.
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

In the case of PVP servers, while I think interrupting and stealing a tame is pathetic anyhow, I would think that trying to kill the hunter before the tame went off would be "reasonable" whereas killing or aggroing the in-taming pet would not.