WTB Moral Support (Ghostcrawler noooo)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wark
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring-US

WTB Moral Support (Ghostcrawler noooo)

Unread post by Wark »

I should have stuck with my original position on those @#$% Moonfire Regrowth kitties, but I'd really like a Battle Shout pet, and if not a Spirit Beast then I'd need a Cat, and at least now there's an arthropod version...

So in short I am a terrible, awful, no good, very bad rarespawn camper. A week of 2x-a-day passes for Nuramoc was almost more than I thought I could handle, and that was on an apparently-empty server, in a zone nobody loves. Now I'm on a way higher-population server going after a beastie that lots of other hunters don't have yet? Ha... haha ha... haaa....

Suggestions for how to stay sane while trying for a ghosty crab would be great. Hugs too.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: WTB Moral Support (Ghostcrawler noooo)

Unread post by Novikova »

Um, well, even on a high pop server I don't see many hunters deliberately going after GC. Not nearly as many as say, Sambas. He's way out of the way, crabs aren't as popular and - yeah. He can murder you. I bet you'll get him!
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Yeah, GC is pretty easy once you understand his mechanics.

The rest?.. ehh....
Account has been closed at user's request.
Celi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Oceanic

Unread post by Celi »

Solitare, lots and lots of solitare. Maybe a book or two + msn to chat to people. That's my method for camping rares. Just starting on Aeonaxx. At least with him you don't really need to fly between spawn spots.

Or did I fail to read something somewhere....

Ghostcrawler should be fairly easy. Even on my server, Blackrock US, there were only a couple of other hunters there and they didn't stick around long.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Yeah, I parked in the middle of the reef near a rumored spawn point and read a book until my screen flashed. Not before thoroughly creeping myself out riding around and listening to the music and watching Kolorath pass (oh god I freaked the first time I saw him).
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Rozetta
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Rozetta »

GC is currently up on Moonrunner and since I had nothing better to do I watched him roam around.

He's a tricky guy. He's only trackable for about 20 seconds then will disappear for about 15 to 20 seconds. I was following him and he disappeared and then I completely lost him. While he was under he changed direction and it took me a while to find him again.

Someone did a map of his path, but it seems to be random. While I watched him he went from the top NW to the bottom SW and then went back up to the NW and did a couple circles in the NW area, then I left. No one was looking for him.

Good luck.

Roz
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

I'd honestly just suggest popping back there a few times a day and/or logging out there... possibly leaving your sound and NPCscan on during the day if you're doing other things... his respawn timer is bothersome but he's not sought after enough to really require a full out camp.

Good luck.

seclipse
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garithos

Unread post by seclipse »

use a in game web browser lol like steam or sumthin lol. i go watch utube with my game still open lol. alot safer than alt tabing as that can sometimes cause the game to crash and or sound effects (NPC scanner) to not actually go off through your speakers
7seti
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne

Unread post by 7seti »

Work out where his spawn points are, park your character there and log on to check them whenever you have 10 mins to spare. I found both Krush and Loque within a day using this method, although that may have just been very good luck.
Jin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar EU

Unread post by Jin »

Park at his spawn, turn up computer sound and just go watch some nice movies or read a book or do something you enjoy :)
Aeliel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Aeliel »

N-thing the "park yourself and go do something else" suggestions. Make sure you don't have him cached so NPCScan can do its thing.

Also, if you have friends and/or family on the server, rope them into checking it for you when you're doing other stuff (but do make sure you're logged out at or near the place in that case). That's how I got mine, my boyfriend knows by now about my obsession with taming critters and he went and checked the Reef while I was still asleep.

("Dear, wake up."
"Mprghlhfivemoreminutes..."
"Sure, but Ghostcrawler's up. I thought you wanted to tame him?"
"OMGWTFBBQYESSSSS.")
-=[ Dreams of Iso'rath ]=-
-=[ Image ]=-
Wark
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Wark »

I hadn't thought of that Novikova, and I'm not positive it'd apply here but it's a heartening though. Thank you!

And for the rest of the suggestions: movies aren't quite my style, but the general "park on a spawn and do something else" sounds solid. Maybe I'll finally get that writing done for this hunter that I've been meaning to....

Now I just have to not die of anxiousness. Expect status updates.
Novikova

You can move around too, since I think GC walks around, it's just good to have lots to do while waiting.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Wark
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Wark »

So I was doing idle passes around the sea floor between dungeons, got distracted by one of my chats lighting up so I kept swimming around, la la la... friend pokes me to head back to Orgrimmar for some trades, I say "ehhh let me do one last pass" and haphazardly swim past the most interior part of Ghostcrawler's patrol routes, that I realize I'd been skipping (oops).

Aaaaaaaand:

I am extremely, extremely proud of myself for not screaming and waking the whole house up.

VICTORY SHOT:

Jeez, it's so much smaller than I expected! I mean, I saw someone else mention it before, but dang. He's definitely sized like scorpids and ravagers are, NOT like a bear or a brainbug.

And thus concludes my "great" rare hunt! Thank you for the suggestions, and thank you all for listening to my whining so Ghostcrawler could show me up by appearing right away. :roll: :lol:
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Woot, congrats!!!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Novikova

Woohoo! congratulations! He's gorgeous in person!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Congratulations! ^_^

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]