@ hunters who have sambas

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

@ hunters who have sambas

Unread post by Vetiver »

can you please stop hanging out at the spawn points with your sambas all day, giving me heart attacks and making me have to constantly relog to clear my cache? :(

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: @ hunters who have sambas

Unread post by Vetiver »

(side note - pretty sure no one who comes to these forums would do that, but getting griefed by a fellow hunter who knows how much the camp sucks really takes the cake )

Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
Location: A certain house in Gilneas as long as I can sneak in to camp out there.

Unread post by Karma »

I kinda did something like this two days ago and still feel awful. I had Madexx, the Brown out, and went to mine ore--in Uldum. On the ridge above his spawn point. And then did a circle HOPING I might spot him as a Blue. Instead, I gave a poor fellow horde hunter a heart attack. I quickly apoligized and put Madexx away, sharing with him the time, etc. I had found him. Still made me feel bad. But to do that on purpose? That would be cold-hearted. I know how much my heart races when that drum roll bass takes off and then flashes on my screen.

May hunters who do this on purpose meet King Krush in a dark alley.
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

Mob spawns. I tame him, stand there for a sec in shock. Hunter2 flies over right after he tame. Now, to him, it looks like I'm griefing, but I am not.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Cozzene wrote:Mob spawns. I tame him, stand there for a sec in shock. Hunter2 flies over right after he tame. Now, to him, it looks like I'm griefing, but I am not.
While this is true, the OP said all day, which implies that this hunter did nothing but float around all/one of the Sambas points and show off his pretty pet. If that's true, then that is griefing.

Hell, I hate the fact that Blazewing will send NPC_Scan bonkers while I'm in Org.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Clou
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Area 52, Wyrmrest Accord, Moonguard

Unread post by Clou »

Cozzene wrote:Mob spawns. I tame him, stand there for a sec in shock. Hunter2 flies over right after he tame. Now, to him, it looks like I'm griefing, but I am not.
This xD Especially if it was a rough/close tame; happened when I tamed Krush at-level with just Beserking as Haste. Y'just stand there staring, waiting for your heart to stop pounding - not thinking of the Hunters who do fly-bys.

And if I have one of my rares out in Org, I sometimes forget to get Tribal back out, and go mining or whatever; I don't mean to set off people's NPCScan xD Had someone do it when I was camping Arc; practically had a heartattack.

But anyone doing it intentionally - especially at the spawn-points; that's just mean - and the fact that Hunters are doing it - they, of all people, should know how hellish some camps are.
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

it was for roughly six hours of a ten hour camp today. that plus trolls in general chat, a hunter who announced in gen chat yesterday "just tamed sambas at 6:25" who was there today offering gold for a sambas tame, people coming to sit on top of you when there are 6 other spawn points (and tell you that if you don't leave they will kill it if it spawns, even though they just arrived and you have been sitting there literally all day), a priest who WHISPERED me very apologetic after seeing my macro, saying that he had just killed karoma (and did the same thing 5 hours later because he apparently forgot he had already done that to me once).....well basically all of this has me very discouraged right now. :(

i have a macro that i hit about every 20 mins offering 2k gold for location info leading to a successful tame of sambas or karoma. 2k is a pretty ridiculous sum considering most people i read on this board offer around 500, but i made a ton of gold selling ore and have decided that to get the hellish camps over with is totally worth parting with 4k...yet it never fails that people in general chat comment that for 2k they would rather just kill it, and that i or anyone would have to offer them 5k or more for them to even consider helping.

not to sound like a total carebear, but how do these people sleep at night knowing how nasty they are?

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Hmm, I see both sides here. I mean I 100% completely understand being ticked off at hunters for loitering around spawn points with their old tamed Karomas, Sambases and Madexxes. I personally think it's pretty rude and bothersome to other hunters (like a lot of people have said, if they've done the grind you'd think that they knew how annoying it is to have NPCscan go off pointlessly all the time).

But having said that... Well, personally, I primarily do dungeons/raids in Surv. The other larger portion of my time at the moment is spent farming for leather. I farm for leather in two places: Tol Barad crocolisks, and Twilight Highlands (the wolf packs, wolves, etc). As I don't raid BM, and only go BM very occasionally in dungeons, I really wish I could use my Karoma when I farm without being judged. :( Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for murky/busy Tol Barad and just wanna go to TWH and use my Karoma or Sambas to farm. But I don't because I'd feel bad for "griefing" other hunters. I know that I can just use her when I go to TB to farm etc, but my point is: I flew around for hours and went through pains to tame the pet, so it's really lame that I can't/"shouldn't" use her whenever I feel like it. (Admittedly if a hunter kindly asked that I used another pet because they were hunting for it, I'd probably happily do so and keep an eye out for them... but yeah, how many people do that? xD)

However in the case of hunters sitting on spawn points with their long-tamed pets, yeah, I completely agree with you. That's rude and unfair. x_x

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Vetiver wrote: not to sound like a total carebear, but how do these people sleep at night knowing how nasty they are?
Sorry for the double post... but I agree with this! I suppose it's so easy to forget that there is another person on the other side of the screen. I know I'm really sensitive in general but I struggle to sleep at night if I knowingly hurt someone (and didn't "repair the damage", as it were)... I really don't see how people can go directly out of their way to grief someone and then not care at the end of the day. :x

Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

This happened to me both with Sambas and Karoma. Both characters that flew over me were Horde and accepted it gracefully, but I still felt a little bad for 'em and wished 'em luck all the same.

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Comett wrote:Hmm, I see both sides here. I mean I 100% completely understand being ticked off at hunters for loitering around spawn points with their old tamed Karomas, Sambases and Madexxes. I personally think it's pretty rude and bothersome to other hunters (like a lot of people have said, if they've done the grind you'd think that they knew how annoying it is to have NPCscan go off pointlessly all the time).

But having said that... Well, personally, I primarily do dungeons/raids in Surv. The other larger portion of my time at the moment is spent farming for leather. I farm for leather in two places: Tol Barad crocolisks, and Twilight Highlands (the wolf packs, wolves, etc). As I don't raid BM, and only go BM very occasionally in dungeons, I really wish I could use my Karoma when I farm without being judged. :( Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for murky/busy Tol Barad and just wanna go to TWH and use my Karoma or Sambas to farm. But I don't because I'd feel bad for "griefing" other hunters. I know that I can just use her when I go to TB to farm etc, but my point is: I flew around for hours and went through pains to tame the pet, so it's really lame that I can't/"shouldn't" use her whenever I feel like it. (Admittedly if a hunter kindly asked that I used another pet because they were hunting for it, I'd probably happily do so and keep an eye out for them... but yeah, how many people do that? xD)

However in the case of hunters sitting on spawn points with their long-tamed pets, yeah, I completely agree with you. That's rude and unfair. x_x
I'm inclined to blame NPCscan's range and habit of going off on pets. It is frustrating when someone pulls out a rare from the area, but it's a fault of the mod - or if you use a targeting macro it can be frustrating if someone kept the pet's original name.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I was out doing dailies with an unnamed Karoma. I suddenly realized I was in Twilight Highlands, and there were hunters around. I popped onto the public channel with an apology and assured people that the pet wasn't newly-caught. But underneath, I still felt horrible because I wondered how many people had left, thinking I'd just caught him. :(

I love Silverdragon and NPCscan, but the fact they can't differentiate pets and these things happen makes me sad. It encourages griefing, and it also encourages the disability to parade around with your favorite pet in certain areas.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I tend to use a different pet if I'm near the area it spawns, unless I forget.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Demonium
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aszune

Unread post by Demonium »

why must you clear your cache? i never have and the addons still go wild when a rare is spawned. got jadefang twice without clearing my cache. what exactly is supposed to happen when you dont clear your cache?
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

i have a way of forgetting things easily...and i run around with my madexx alot :/...got four angry hunters at me yet :/ well three forgave me though ^^

maybe i forget there are people with npc-scan since i myself don't use it :S

i try not to use my rares in the rare zones but yes..i easily forget :/
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I try my hardest to not have a rare out in the zone that I caught him, but it is not always easy to remember.

Although I will admit, with Madexx I kept my brown one as my active while I was camping. Why? I don't have any other pets that I would be willing to drop and retame later if the right color Madexx were to spawn. I kept my brown one out and camped-though I was normally mounted in hopes to avoid NPCScan false alarms for others-that way when I spotted one of the colors I wanted I could abandon the brown and tame the right colored one without risking the loss of the one I wanted to another hunter who might tag it while I'm shuffling pets around.

That's the only time I've purposefully camped with a rare from the zone I was in.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Demonium wrote:why must you clear your cache? i never have and the addons still go wild when a rare is spawned. got jadefang twice without clearing my cache. what exactly is supposed to happen when you dont clear your cache?
Those AddOns that use the cache to 'see' the enemy will not go off if your cache isn't cleared, and the enemy is already cached. Thus, with NPCscan and Silverdragon's 'cache' function, the need to clear your cache regularly. Other AddOns will do it with the mob's mouseover, or with their nameplate. Those don't need a cache.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

I always try to take utmost care to never have out a pet that is from that zone.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Kittykat
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Kittykat »

I was camping Jadefang yesterday for the minipet (on my pally). I was there from 8:51 until after 8PM when it FINALLY spawned.

Some hunter came through the cave with a tamed one, named Jadefang too.

I just sighed, re-logged, cleared my cache, and settled back in. Tab out to do other stuff, and less than five minutes later "WOOOP WOOOP BOM BOM BOM!"

Yeah, the hunter again. I whispered them and asked them if they REALLY had to run through there with a tamed rare every 2 minutes?

Their response? "I have been waiting for someone to say that."

Yep, they were intentionally doing that, with the intent of interfering with others who were camping it.

It's immature, inconsiderate, and rude. I don't mind it if someone says "Oh oops, sorry I didn't realize!" and then takes out another pet. It's the "Yeah, I have my rare pet out. What are YOU going to do about it?" attitude that grates on me.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

You actually don't have to clear your cache for SilverDragon. It will always find a rare for you even after you've already seen it. It's why I run with both NPC_Scan and SilverDragon for rare hunting.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]