25 hour sambas camp ends badly

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Re: 25 hour sambas camp ends badly

Unread post by Vetiver »

OMG HOW DO YOU EDIT POST TITLES.

I got him with the help of the nicest most awesome person in the world!!! I stayed in the zone for hours tonight, and my NPCscan went off right at the 13th hour from the spawn I saw this morning. It was on a spawn point, but I had just flown over that spot and the cat was already named, leading me to believe that it was a coincidence, but not enough to really be sure I hadn't just narrowly missed the third Sambas in two days. Thorougly disheartened at this point, I stay for one or two hours longer before going on a journey to check all the spawns of the other rares (and picking up the nelf mount cat in Darkshore). I went to Uldum to check on Madexx, because he's growing on me (tan and green especially) and embarrassingly enough, stopped at Salhet to admire the lions. As in, totally dismissed my pet to check out what my toon looked like standing next to one.

This sounds like I am making this up for sure, but that is where I was standing when a hunter I had exchanged spawn timers with a few days ago messaged me with "GET TO TH. I've got it trapped." I replied "omgomgomgomg" or something like that (hahaha) and hearthed, trying not to be excited and preparing myself for someone running up and killing it before I get there. I have 310 flight and the guild perk for faster travel, but after I ported from SW to TH it felt like I was craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawling across the map to Shauni. BUT! Then I got there! I tossed out an arcane shot or two and hit my taming macro that includes deterrance by mistake. So I lost aggro and went momentarily stupid as I fumbled to cancel Deter (rofl) then shot a few more times and started taming! My heart was racing so hard, what a rush. I immediately tried to give Shauni a very large tip and they refused, because that's just how selfless and nice they are.

So thank you Shauni of Ohana! You just made my week! Actually since it's just started, you just made my year! Pic to follow, since I now need a Certificate of Ownership due to jittery nerves. Ha!

TLDR: SHAUNI, A TOTAL STRANGER, HELD HIM FOR ME AND I TAMED HIM!

(wearin mah ICC gear since my new gear looks terrible lol)

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

ps - why in the world would Elvis not be allowed to be a pet name? It's my RL cat's name (who cannot live with me because both of my roommates are allergic) and I had my heart set on it for Sambas the whole time I was chasing him, since my Elvis reminds me of tiny obese lion. But I had to put the special "i" in for the game to accept it. Boooo

Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

yea!!!
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

OMG grats!!! What an awesome, awesome individual. Send them mountains of cookies shaped like happy lions, they deserve it. People like that are rare gems in this game (in this world, even). Wow. That's just fantastic!

I'm so happy for you!!! :3

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

Vetiver wrote:ps - why in the world would Elvis not be allowed to be a pet name? It's my RL cat's name (who cannot live with me because both of my roommates are allergic) and I had my heart set on it for Sambas the whole time I was chasing him, since my Elvis reminds me of tiny obese lion. But I had to put the special "i" in for the game to accept it. Boooo
Being a really famous singer, I think Elvis' name is trademarked, and certain trademarks are removed from Blizz' name pool (like SiriusBlack and stuff like that). :\

Grats on the tame though! Just goes to show the lingering theory- making a thread about it on Petopia really does make the pets come to you! :D

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Omg, congrats! :D :D

Jonmcslain
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Cairne

Unread post by Jonmcslain »

Wow Grats to you and Sambas findin a new master!!!
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Sarayana wrote:I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck. :(

While I admire the tenacity of these long-term camps, camping has gotten me nothing in terms of in-game rewards... I've tamed Loque (who I tried camping for three months straight back when I first hit Sholazar!!), Skoll, Arcturis, Karoma, Gondria, and various old-world rares purely by luck every single time. I agree with Nightfall, consider whether to just do fly-bys while questing/doing dailies. It might save your sanity.
I only flyby myself (after successfully camping TLPD for um....weeks... I'm done with "camping") In all honesty you'll have good luck with patience and random checks early on in the mornings. If you do random fly bys at 3am and 5 am each day I would bet you'll get your sambas within a week or two.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

Macha wrote:
Vetiver wrote:ps - why in the world would Elvis not be allowed to be a pet name? It's my RL cat's name (who cannot live with me because both of my roommates are allergic) and I had my heart set on it for Sambas the whole time I was chasing him, since my Elvis reminds me of tiny obese lion. But I had to put the special "i" in for the game to accept it. Boooo
Being a really famous singer, I think Elvis' name is trademarked, and certain trademarks are removed from Blizz' name pool (like SiriusBlack and stuff like that). :\

Grats on the tame though! Just goes to show the lingering theory- making a thread about it on Petopia really does make the pets come to you! :D
this time it really really did, since Shauni said they'd read my thread on here and wanted me to have it after going though such difficulty with it. just a super awesome person, really. ^_^

thanks for all the grats!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wow! Grats at finally gettin your lion! :D People can be really nice sometimes.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

thanks! I have been trying to force the basin rares out of hiding by killing all the other rares, and today i got to pay a little bit of this kindness forward and give away not one, but TWO gondrias! i should learn to trust that little voice that says "i know you already saw gondria once today, but just go ahead and check again, just to make sure."