New Hunter. First epic tame. Why did I pick a raid boss?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Dubhsidhe
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

New Hunter. First epic tame. Why did I pick a raid boss?

Unread post by Dubhsidhe »

This is my first post, on petopia, but I read it a lot :)

So after too many years playing this game off and on, I decided to roll a hunter. With the new pets added in the patch, I really couldn't hold off anymore.

About a week ago, I hit 69 and finally got my capstone in Beast Mastery, and started trolling the pet options. After much deliberation, I settled on a Core Hound dps pet. Now, I hate the fire effect on most Core Hounds, but I suffered with Kraken for a while. Then a BWL raid came up in my guild for achievement junkies, By the time the raid popped, I was 71.

So myself, an 85 warrior, pally, DK, and Shaman blow through most of BWL in a matter of 45 minutes.

Then we get to Chromaggus. Now, my tank (the warrior) is a little excitable, and he runs in and flips lever. Chrommie charges, and wiped the raid. Which is okay, because I had no chance to even PREPARE to tame. We lol, and run back through the Suppression Room (again).

Attempt #2: I run up, start the tame. First raid debuff pops... Chrimmie breaks aggro, runs, and stomped the shaman, then morphs the pally and the Warrior, who eat me and the DK. We have to wait 5 minutes for the debuff to wear off, then he pops it on the warrior AGAIN.. Ten minutes later...

Attempt #3. Repeat.

Attempt #4: Repeat

Attempt #5: ZOMG WHAT ARE WE DOING WRONG?!?! The shaman says "Why is it charging me everytime?" Me, having a shaman for a main.. something clicks. Sindragosa. "Uh.. do you have Lightning Shield on?" "Yup". "...Crap. Turn it off..."

Attemp #6 Pop a potion of speed, Shaman pops hero.. start tame. 5 seconds later, I am the proud owner of Chromaggus

Lowest Chrommie tame on record? ;)
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: New Hunter. First epic tame. Why did I pick a raid bos

Unread post by Slickrock »

Grats!! and double-grats on solving the problem and getting it done!!
Account has been closed at user's request.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Congrats! I'm glad you figured the problem out and got the tame. He's such a pretty corehound (although I ended up turning mine female and named her Maleficent. XD)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

Congrats! This is my favorite corehound =)

A bit off topic but what is your ui you are using for your bar area. It reminds me of Diablo and is pretty cool =)

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Dubhsidhe
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Thanks for the well wishes :) Its definately been worth the effort, I love the way he looks. I named him after Apep, an Egyptian God of the Underworld, basically the polar opposite of Ra. Most of my pets are going on a mythological theme thus far. I have my White Devilsaur (not rare, but the best skin by far) Shiroryuu (Japanese White Dragon), my turtle Pauahtun (Mayan turtle 'god'. The turtle that swims through the sea carrying the world on its back) and my emerald spectral owl, Bubo (Clash of the Titans).

As for my skin? Its rBottomBarstyler, I picked it up at WoWinterface. Note that it is just background artwork, you need to line up your bars using Dominos or Bartender on your own. I'm picky, it took me 3 hours.
Impulse
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Tichondrius US

Unread post by Impulse »

Dubhsidhe wrote:Thanks for the well wishes :) Its definately been worth the effort, I love the way he looks. I named him after Apep, an Egyptian God of the Underworld, basically the polar opposite of Ra. Most of my pets are going on a mythological theme thus far. I have my White Devilsaur (not rare, but the best skin by far) Shiroryuu (Japanese White Dragon), my turtle Pauahtun (Mayan turtle 'god'. The turtle that swims through the sea carrying the world on its back) and my emerald spectral owl, Bubo (Clash of the Titans).

As for my skin? Its rBottomBarstyler, I picked it up at WoWinterface. Note that it is just background artwork, you need to line up your bars using Dominos or Bartender on your own. I'm picky, it took me 3 hours.
Hakuryuu or Hakuryu is what you want for "White dragon" in japanese.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

grats on the awsome pet! you can exspect tones of ppl to ask how and where you got him x) i whet through about the same thing when i tamed him on my poor lil 70 hunter @.@ only it was the other hunters/warlocks pets that would pull aggro and wipe the raid -.- took about 5 attemps over a week and a half or so but we eventualy got it to work. just made everyone stay in the other room and had a prist shield me xD
*huggels dragon puppy*

BaldingBarry
Realm: Darkmoon Fair

Unread post by BaldingBarry »

Not the lowest tame on Record since I also got my chromaggus at level 69 :D with the help of a random group of guildies that weren't from my guild (a fellow hunter and I were talking and he mentioned in his guild that I wanted to go BWL, the rest of them came for the achievement).

I had a throwaway Corehound for the Bloodlust effect and a Priest shielded me so Chromaggus only got one (rather large 6k) hit in before taming.

Yeah I love that Draco-dog, she's loud (very loud) and unique, you'll often get tells from people asking where you got it.

The best one so far was while I was levelling mining in Goldshire this level 85 Undead Warlock was around PvPing (I'm level 74 now so I was just continuing on my way), the Warlock saw me walk past, flew over to me, /gasp'd at Chromatica (the name I picked for Chromaggus), /cheer'd for me and then flew off.

This was me at the time of the time (as you can see still mostly in Outlands blues/greens).

Edit:

Of course now you'll have to do the other two raid boss tames for the challenge, Princess Huhurun and Lord Kri.

Good luck on Princess...she will be worth it though, she's huge!

Still need to get her on my hunter.
Dubhsidhe
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Well, my guild is looking at AQ runs this Saturday, and I am considering a Lord Kri tame.

Since I got a reserve on Chromaggus, it will be open rolls on the bugbosses.
Demonium
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aszune

Unread post by Demonium »

that UI is http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... theme.html

i hate it now. used it for such a long time on my hunter before Cata. but since it was updated for Cata it sucks beyond belief so i rock default :headbang:
ServÅntos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by ServÅntos »

Gratz on the tames guys

Signature made by Veph