GAAH!!! Lost a blue Madexx to an undead rogue.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sandpanther
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Khaz'goroth

Re: GAAH!!! Lost a blue Madexx to an undead rogue.

Unread post by Sandpanther »

After 19 Madexx spawns in a row in colours I already had I finally had the one I was missing spawn on me tonight.Dismissed pet,tagged him,trapped him and was midtame when a jerk Alliance Worgen hunter decided to sic his Chromaggus on it and pop Bestial Wrath and Kill Command.2 seconds later dead Madexx.Idiots like that deserved to be banned.3 weeks totally wasted.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Cialbi:

If you're on, I'd hold it for you. My point is, I'd rather see the rare go home to a waiting hunter. If there is a hunter there taming, I leave them be. Cheer for them. Hunter in the zone that wants it? Okay, I'll let them at it, point it out to them. Same with guild, friends etc.

I'm saying I'll only kill it if there isn't a single hunter out there. I usually play early in the morning, when not a lot of people are on, so if it spawns and I've spent a good while looking for someone without success, then I'll take it out.
Feydakin
Realm: Rexxar

Unread post by Feydakin »

I missed a Madexx spawn by about 20 seconds early this morning, the first one I'd seen. I don't remember what color it was though it was one of the darker ones... Really, who does questing at 4:30 in the morning?
ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Unread post by ligewolf »

True, rare arent just for hunters, its for everyone. i dont have prob with anyone else lookin for the rares. everyone has just the same possibility to camp n kill,tame whatever. i had posted a comment over my incident with madexx and i realize i put some very unjustified comments bout tameable rares should only be for bm hunters. i know thats wrong to say, i was just soooooo mad bout what had happened, and i apolagize for it to all my fellow hunter friends on here as well as to everyone else. if i see a rare i want and see a opposite faction gettin close to it, i'll fly down n defend what i want till one of us 3 is dead lol. now if its on same faction as i am, i would ask if i could tame it instead of him/her killing it. of course i would give good profit if he/she lets me tame but if not i would just watch kill and mark down the time so i can come back next spawn time n tame it.
Elo
Realm: Dragonblight

Unread post by Elo »

Merlynshade wrote:That is why when you are trying to find a rare, have a spot empty already and do not have a pet active. Common sense, that way you do not loose time dismissing or abandoning.

And he had it tagged first, so it was rightfully his I am sorry to say.

But don't worry apparently Blizz is making some of the colors of Madexx available on regular mobs, and I hear blue is one of those colors-if you just want the look and don't care about it being a rare or not.

If while Transporting 2000 bottles of pure spring water in your solar powered land yacht though the Gobi desert

You come across a wretched looking person dieing of thirst.

Its clear to you that he is trying to walk slowly to a still full old can of RC cola half buried in the hot sand a few dozen yards away.

The can has no owner…the cola inside probably tastes hot bad and old….but you figure you can get 5 cents for the aluminum if you recycle it.

You easily grab the can and head off to town 5 miles away before the thirsty man can get to it.

Its your can….you “Tagged” it 1st. it rightfully belongs to you.

However

This makes you a terrible person and an asshole.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Elo wrote:Its your can….you “Tagged” it 1st. it rightfully belongs to you.

However

An improbable life and death scenario irl =/= a game.

First tag, first claim. This is no different than Ryai's epic taming of Mosh; I tried taming him 2/3 times when I stumbled onto him when she was still lv 70 and I did not have wrath. No haste, no knowledge haste affected tame beast really [as I was a retard and didn't really take into account the whole GW fiasco and crap like that. Anyways, a shammy comes along, ignores me, doesn't ask me shit, but mosh is untagged and I don't feel I have a right to intercept and tell him to not kill him or try, anyways, as Mosh isn't like Krush, he's not unique or really 'hard' in the way Krush is.

The Shammy fails, he is in better gear and he fails hard. I giggle to myself and I decided that Mosh must be mine.

The shammy thinks I'm trying to kill him, for some stupid reason as I spam tame beast on the saur, and he spam invites me. The ding later, and the shammy pretty much reacted like OP, screeching Mosh was his and wtf did I do and yada yada yada...

I just calmly ignored him at first and when he kept screeching at me in whisper, I calmly stated I had seen Mosh first originally, and had been attempting to tame.

Moral?

First come. First serve.

Also as I said in the last post, the rogue was obviously a troll, and had OP unwittingly help him kill the scorpid- if you had just let it go and just gone off, you'd have denied the douchebag what he wanted.
Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

I'm sorry got to add my thoughts in this mess.

On the whole undead rogues being jerks and asshats. It is all perspective. People remember the bad things people do them easier than the good things and pretty much people who don't stand out on the radar you don't even notice. So, it might seem that most rogues are jerks because you don't encounter or even remember all the ones that aren't. It is just like the old huntard and retardin saws. People remember all the awful crazy stuff people did and apply it to all the people they never encounter. It is the same thing you come accross when you read trade/general or the forums. Only a small portion of the people who play will you encounter via that medium; however, it is very easy to project on to everyone else because of what you encounter there.

As for other people killing rares you want to tame, I'm starting to dislike how people are demonizing them. Yes, some are jerks and asshats that want the attention or to grief you; however, I'm sure there are some that don't know better or want to fight the mob for the challenge of it. Also, who knows maybe they had an awful experenece with a jerk of the hunter and are taking it out that way.

To sum it up. Just because some people are asshats and jerks don't paint everyone with the same brush.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Ryai wrote:

However

The concept of tagging comes from hunting, not strange cases of soda pop lying around in deserts. It was a way of deciding who gets to take possession of a kill in bustling open seasons or arranged slaughtering (for lack of a better term; this would be back when the US actually had large herds of game animals) in which you can easily have two parties firing upon the same animal. The first party to literally place a tag on a felled game animal gets the kill. So, the concept is brought into WoW to assign loot rights to one party even if another party kills the creature. It never was meant to be a system for deciding who gets to tame a creature. If you tag a tamable beast but I manage to pull aggro and keep it for ten seconds uninterrupted, I can tame what was to be your tagged kill.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

Cialbi wrote:
Ryai wrote:

However

The concept of tagging comes from hunting, not strange cases of soda pop lying around in deserts. It was a way of deciding who gets to take possession of a kill in bustling open seasons or arranged slaughtering (for lack of a better term; this would be back when the US actually had large herds of game animals) in which you can easily have two parties firing upon the same animal. The first party to literally place a tag on a felled game animal gets the kill. So, the concept is brought into WoW to assign loot rights to one party even if another party kills the creature. It never was meant to be a system for deciding who gets to tame a creature. If you tag a tamable beast but I manage to pull aggro and keep it for ten seconds uninterrupted, I can tame what was to be your tagged kill.
Oh interesting. I never realized you could tame a beast someone else had tapped?
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

Well, that's what the OP nearly did.

_____

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

You can tame a beast someone else has tagged, but if they pull aggro then you lose the cast.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

Gimlion wrote:You can tame a beast someone else has tagged, but if they pull aggro then you lose the cast.
In other words, it's no different from when you've tagged the mob ;)

_____

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Cialbi wrote:
Gimlion wrote:You can tame a beast someone else has tagged, but if they pull aggro then you lose the cast.
In other words, it's no different from when you've tagged the mob ;)
The only thing is, 'Tame Wars' and 'Tame and Kill' wars, always end out with one horrible scenario. In all the threads I've seen there's only been one good outcome, and that's because someone ganked a pvp flagged ally to get the beast. In all other cases, the beast has always ended up dead.

I mean we are all saying the rogue is evil [honestly he has a high chance of being evil] but what about the other side, a Tame war. Would we feel bad for the op if another hunter had gotten there first, was taming it, Op decided no and started a tame war with the result the same: A Dead Madexx?

There's never a winner, as I said he should have just moved on instead of playing into the rogues game.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I never stated whether I agreed or disagreed on whether taming a pet from under someone killing was legal, just providing the technical facts about the situation. I prefer to stay out of these 'moral' and Opinionated debates, it can turn ugly ;)

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

Ah yes, I was talking about how tagging technically has no effect on taming.

_____

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Ahem... I see this mess is still going.

The rogue and I landed at basically the same time. Given then, there's no way I was going to roll over and kiss the rogue's ass. I was gonna try for that tame.

That's all I have to say here. Other than I don't kiss any rogue's ass.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Slickrock wrote:Ahem... I see this mess is still going.

The rogue and I landed at basically the same time. Given then, there's no way I was going to roll over and kiss the rogue's ass. I was gonna try for that tame.

That's all I have to say here. Other than I don't kiss any rogue's ass.
esp a undead rogues' that would be nasty.

Since this topic is getting a bit negative and mean in the discussion....

:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

lol
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

You do realize that quietly reporting a thread is often a more effective way of getting it locked if you supply a convincing argument?

_____