Sad news for Old Cliff Jumper fans..

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Re: Sad news for Old Cliff Jumper fans..

Unread post by Araela »

OCJ has been and probably always will be my favorite wolf. That being said, I'm looking for Deathmaw and hoping to find it so it'll transfer to the new skin. That would be pretty cool to have both of them :D
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

That is really sad news. I adored my OCJ but released him as temporary thing figuring Id retame but I never saw him again and then got distracted.. so I guess Ill see if I can get Aelina back :( I just cant believe they would get rid of a famous wolf.. I mean really.. hes a unique skin since the lone hunter is a ghost.. maybe.. its OCJ in spirit..

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

The problem I have had in the past with silverdragon is that if you have a rare cached Sometimes it will go off when you enter the zone. I had this go off several times when entering in burning steppes (Deathmaw) he was not up but it would still go off even though I never even hit that side of the zone. Was IF to SW flight path.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yaone wrote:The problem I have had in the past with silverdragon is that if you have a rare cached Sometimes it will go off when you enter the zone. I had this go off several times when entering in burning steppes (Deathmaw) he was not up but it would still go off even though I never even hit that side of the zone. Was IF to SW flight path.
Thing is, I said I was actually able to target him. It wasn't just some random blare.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

My guess is that the missing rares are in places that have undergone heavy facelifts and/or have phasing, so maybe the rares are there, but not in the right place.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Yaone »

It was a simple statement of silverdragon, I certainly didn't imply you by saying silverdragon specifically since many have "pinged" him with it.
Jin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar EU

Unread post by Jin »

Pffft

Early WotLK two GM's told me there was absolutely bone spiders that you could tame even after you had phased past the ones in southern Icecrown.

Shouldn't trust them much when it comes to things like this...
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Jin wrote:Pffft

Early WotLK two GM's told me there was absolutely bone spiders that you could tame even after you had phased past the ones in southern Icecrown.

Actually you can. On the western side of the Citadel in IC. That's how I got mine. ;)

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yaone wrote:It was a simple statement of silverdragon, I certainly didn't imply you by saying silverdragon specifically since many have "pinged" him with it.
Sorry, I thought you meant me cause you posted about that after I said I targeted him. My mistake. :)

LisaaraPokefarm

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

i been looking for him on my baby hunter with no luck :( makes me wonder about deathmaw and barnabus... i had a gm say barnabus was still around... its so hard cause so many people believe the gms dont know what they are talking about.

this just sucks :( makes me really wonder about barnabus and deathmaw :(
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Yaone »

Taluwen wrote:
Yaone wrote:It was a simple statement of silverdragon, I certainly didn't imply you by saying silverdragon specifically since many have "pinged" him with it.
Sorry, I thought you meant me cause you posted about that after I said I targeted him. My mistake. :)
And I suppose I should have stated that more than a few have pinged him that way, so my mistake as well. =)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yaone wrote:
Taluwen wrote:
And I suppose I should have stated that more than a few have pinged him that way, so my mistake as well. =)
It's all good. Hugs for all! :D /huggle

LisaaraPokefarm

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

This makes me sad (if he is indeed no more). I am sitting around the spawn point on ptr, I never saw him. Full of all these mangy silvermanes and goofy owlbeasts. even tried jumping off a few cliffs to see if he would spawn and show me how its done properly, but nothing.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Well ill keep an eye out for him but I got my Aelina back ^.^ GM was so nice to bring her back home :) And that is where shell be staying. I wasnt actually expecting such a fast response! But its nice to have the old girl back in the stables.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Well then. I may be getting my OCJ back.

Edit: YES! Tamed him on my horde main and named him OCJ. Will now be strongly considering making a request I've never had to make before.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Jin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar EU

Unread post by Jin »

Gimlion wrote:

Actually you can. On the western side of the Citadel in IC. That's how I got mine. ;)
Yeah NOW you can, early WotLK they weren't tameable. I think it took more than a year or so before they made those tameable ^^
Jroaeyl
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Jroaeyl »

The Lone Hunter has the same OCJ dark grey skin but in ghost form. Tame The Lone Hunter and you'll have a proper homage to Old Cliff Jumper! (Plus if you're horde, OCJ *is* the Dire Wolf mount ;).)
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Jin wrote:
Gimlion wrote:

Yeah NOW you can, early WotLK they weren't tameable. I think it took more than a year or so before they made those tameable ^^
Ah. I was never interested in one until my first experience with Terror Spinner from Zul'Drak, or whatever the troll place is called. Then I looked up ways to get a tamable one since I had already phased out of the start area. Unfortunately for me I tried getting one of those from the west of ICC after starting the quests from the Tourny that phase that area heavily with undead. It took me some time but eventually I found a place where I was in the right phase to see them and tame them without it despawning due to phasing. lol, So basically, it was a while before I really wanted one, and distinctly remember the west ones due to the experience I had. xD :mrgreen:

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Calixte
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight

Unread post by Calixte »

Edit: yes I did see the dates on this thread!

Super happy he wasn't *permanently* removed. I love my OCJ more than anything! I seem to remember finding him in January, however, but that could certainly be wrong. In any case, he's back in where everyone can love him!
Last edited by Calixte on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Take a look at the date on this, though. In January, OCJ *was* gone. He was re-added quite a bit later. :) You;'re posting in July. This is in January, when he hadn't been put back in yet.
Come see Kurasu's stables!