Quick question [PTR]

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Mehira
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Turalyon

Quick question [PTR]

Unread post by Mehira »

I have recently installed the PTR, because I wanted to see the pet changes/added pets, and I noticed something odd. When I called out my blue Madexx, he was no longer blue, but instead was red. Could this mean that they have changed the colors around so that the blue and bronze Madexx no longer exist and that those colors have been converted to one of the other three?
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Re: Quick question [PTR]

Unread post by Sasrei »

So now.. Alucard and Airien will never be the same. Guess those two get released since I have Alectra and Alesandro :(
Im really sad.. Alucard was my first ever Madexx and one I was attached to as well.. now hes green..

I guess they just got rid of the colors for madexx and thats it.. so if you have blue or brown in your stables now. Your blue is now red.. and your brown is now green.. and theres so far no way to get a non color changer.. dont see why they could just keep it the same for those of us who do have that color... feel bad for everyone who camped so hard for bronze and blue and got them and now they changed it..

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Mehira
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Mehira »

Well, as much as I like the red one, I tamed the blue because I liked the blue a lot. D: Now I am going to have to tame one of these color-changers, and even then, it's not going to be the same as the real Madexx.
.___.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm...surprised they did that. And also, Life laughs in my face yet again. After wanting green for so long, and finally falling in love with the black one I already had, I released my bronze. Now bronze Madexx becomes green Madexx. Touche, life, touche. :lol:

Well, the joke's on YOU, because I don't want green anyway! So there! /snub

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Mehira
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Mehira »

Ehehe. My first Madexx was the green one, really had wanted a black/red one, but I fell in love with him. :) Blue Madexx had spawned the other day, and realized," OH wow. He's really pretty.." /tame
And now, to find out that my blue is gonna be red... that's just a slap in the face.
D<
I am not taming a color-changing scorpion just to have the lovely blue color.

O:
Why would you release a Madexx?
/twitch
Unless you needed the stable slot, I understand, but I just can't part with pets that well... hence why my stable is almost full. =P
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Why? Because I only have room in my heart for Vulkoor (my black one). I'm weird - if I don't bond with a pet, I don't keep it, regardless of how rare and unique it is. For me it's better to find a common pet I love and want than to keep a rare pet I'll never use, just because it's rare. I'm in love with Vulkoor and didn't care for my bronze one, so I let it go. No sense holding onto something I'll never use.

I got bronze first, and tried to use him, but found myself back in Uldum looking for green. Got black instead, ended up falling in love with it. I didn't plan on not liking bronze, so it's not like I was just being greedy. Sometimes you don't know how you're going to feel for a pet until you try it out next to you and run around with it for a bit. I found Sambas too last weekend and tamed him, ended up not liking him at all in the end, so I let him go. Yeah, he's rare and everyone wants him, but how would I know how I'd feel about him unless I tried? :) Things just didn't work out though, so off he went.

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Oh god tho this is good news, it really is, it's possible the bronze and blue colors become stable! the dev gods are listening, they are listening!

*prays harder*

I just want a stable blue madexx model atleast, please, please *prays*
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Well, one good thing here, this means I can tame a brown or green to get the green that I really want. And, I don't need to bother dropping my red to tame a blue.. :D

It's also good for those complaining that their "rare" Madexx would not be special anymore. It still will be, just not in the color you were expecting..

However, if the blue stays stable, I might just get a blue once this patch hits..
Last edited by Slickrock on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Tulune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravenholt

Unread post by Tulune »

Wait, the bronze Madexx now is a green on the PTR? FFS, I released the one I tamed. Off to get it restored now.
Wut?
Mehira
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Mehira »

I'm just glad to know that at least my blue Madexx won't be turning into another green one.
THEN I'd have to abandon it. ;-;
(still looking for black. :3 hoping to find it sooner or later)
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm thinking blue and bronze will become stable, too, Ryai. :hug: At least, I'm hoping so!

You guys will get your scorpids one way or the other, dang it!!! I'm just glad that I got black and ended up loving him as much as I do. I lucked out - I don't have to worry about all this (yet).....unless they decide to change my black one to something. They'd better not! :(

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I sincerely hope the common bronze will become stable, because I have a bronze now and That's the color I want, not green.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

For the record, my Green Madexx is still Green. And capitalized for no reason too.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Acherontia wrote:For the record, my Green Madexx is still Green. And capitalized for no reason too.
Because he is GREEN. ;)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Aeliel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Aeliel »

Okay, this genuinely makes me angry. I have a blue Madexx. I like him blue. I also like him because of what he means to me due to when I tamed him. They couldn't just have retired the blue and brown NPC IDs and therefore left the currently-tamed ones intact? Really? Really? *fumes*

Now I don't know what to do. I could either suck it up and tame the blue common (assuming it gets changed to a stable color, as I really, really don't want a color changer) or go sit and camp for a black (second favorite and the only skin I like that's actually staying on the rarespawn).

But no matter what I do, I won't have my Madexx - blue, stable color, serendipitous tame when I was in need of cheering up.

No fair. :(
Last edited by Aeliel on Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-=[ Dreams of Iso'rath ]=-
-=[ Image ]=-
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, this is one of the Madexx changes that I'm not happy with. :( The prospect of common mobs sharing colours with the rare did not bother me. What irks me is changing a currently tamed pet.

For example, my Madexx tame:

I had my heart set on Black ultimately. It was the colour I thought I would like best, but knowing he spawns in multiple colours, I was kind of excited to see what the fates would give me. Well, when I found Madexx he appeared before me as blue. It wasn't a colour I had thought I wanted, but I tamed him because that's the colour that I was 'meant to have'.

Sure enough, the blue grew on me. I was awed by the beauty of the starry skin, and named him appropriately (Almagest, a reference to an astronomy compilation by Ptolemy). I bonded with him completely, and he became very special to me.

Now if he turns red on me, I can't just drop him and go tame one of the common blues. It has nothing to do with 'I need the rare version', it's just the Madexx I tamed was the one that I feel was given to me, and the colour I grew to love and appreciate is now changing completely. His name won't even match anymore.

I suppose I would have rather them retire the blue/bronze Madexx IDs so that people who currently own them would be unchanged, and then the new ones could be implemented and Madexx would later not spawn in those colours.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Veph while I can sympathise, why don't you try and RP that your loyal scorpid died a valiant death in a fight with something, but in his/her place you found what your scorpid was protecting, an egg. Not wanting to let your friends sacrifice go in vain for an attempt to protect his or her brood, you swear to protect and raise it, and out hatches a red madexx.

It might help, you can mourn the death/passing of a friend with the rejoice of a new one!

Harp is doing it with her Olm, COME JOIN. DRINK.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yes, it's certainly not the end of the world or anything, but I did have to express my sadness. I'll live with it, and I'm definitely not letting my scorpid go, but I'll be sad to lose his blue stars that he was named after. :(
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Vephriel wrote:Yes, it's certainly not the end of the world or anything, but I did have to express my sadness. I'll live with it, and I'm definitely not letting my scorpid go, but I'll be sad to lose his blue stars that he was named after. :(

*hug*

I can understand, mean while I was disappointed about losing my white scorpid Mercury; alas Deathwing toasted him, turned him black and he died a horrible death, this does feel more like well Harp's owl, Lithium. I was expecting Olm to at the most, use the skin Hell Hoot is being given. But no, Olm died and all olm's tamed died. Which saddens Harp as not only does Olm now no longer fit her name Lithium [a white-silver white metal if I remember right], but Lithium is DEAD. Harp feels horrible, how could she miss the poisonous taint those goblins had afflicted Lithium with?

Atleast there's pet rename scrolls <.>

*offers to Veph*
Aeliel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Aeliel »

Personally, I'd do the RP-pretend thing, as I will end up doing with my Olm, but the issue is - I can't stand the red skin. Absolutely can't stand it, and it's not a "this isn't my critter" thing, it's a "this creeps me out so much ack ack get it away" thing. (Brown and green are the same way. I have no idea why. Blue and black get "aww, adorable", green brown red get "DO NOT WANT".) I've even gone and tried it on the PTR, in case it was just an impression from the static screenshots, but no dice, it's even worse when it's moving.

So I get to either ditch my critter (to retame either a stable blue, assuming it gets implemented, or a black) and feel incredibly guilty because he came to me and I abandoned him, or leave him in my stables forever, also feel incredibly guilty and get creeped out every time I misclick him in the stables for bonus points.

It just bugs me. They could retire the mob IDs rather than switching them to a different color. They've done it before. Just adjust the spawn tables. Why aren't they? :(
-=[ Dreams of Iso'rath ]=-
-=[ Image ]=-