"Where's The Kaboom?"

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

"Where's The Kaboom?"

Unread post by Kurasu »

With the discussion about hydras getting quiet, I pulled mine out again in order to listen. And sure enough, he still makes the nice loud grumbly growls as his heads fight one another. Rather relieved, I went to walk back to the stable and put him away. And that's when I heard it.

.... or rather, that's when I *didn't* hear it. No thundering footfalls. The lovely 'kabooms' of my hydra were gone. That made me sad.

And then I had a sudden, horrifying premonition. I put the hydra away and took out Suzanoo. The Chromaggus I named for the thunder in his footsteps.

Nothing. Not even a whisper of the original booming that had been my pet's trademark.

Blizzard! How *could* you?! :(
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: "Where's The Kaboom?"

Unread post by Acherontia »

Definitely a matter of preference--my core hound's THUD THUD THUD drove me nuts. Although I admit to sometimes going Sandstone Drake just to THUNK around in loud circles near the auction house...
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

I wish they would turn the range down on the volume of Draekodon. I can be in trade district and you can be by the test dummys and I can hear the pet...
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Ahahaha yeah, I love that actually, open in PvP and go RAWR I HAS A RAID BOSS!
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Why don't they just take away -all- pet sounds now.

*facedesk*
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

they took the nerfbat to the sound file

Unread post by Nightsights »

actually the kaboom of both my hydra and chromaggus are still there, they just turned the volume level down on them and made it kaboom a lot less. it used to be KABOOM, BOOM, BOOM, KABOOM, BOOM BOOM, etc. now its a light kaboom, ..., ...., ...., ....., ....., light kaboom,...., ...., ....., etc.

i have my game sounds set to 30%, can barely hear it, but if i turn it up to 100% it's almost as loud as it used to be at 30%.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: they took the nerfbat to the sound file

Unread post by Kurasu »

Nightsights wrote:actually the kaboom of both my hydra and chromaggus are still there, they just turned the volume level down on them and made it kaboom a lot less. it used to be KABOOM, BOOM, BOOM, KABOOM, BOOM BOOM, etc. now its a light kaboom, ..., ...., ...., ....., ....., light kaboom,...., ...., ....., etc.
On the PTR, I walked in circles with my Chromaggus. And nope. Not a whisper of it. It's completely gone. Although the 'loud roaring even a distance away' is still there.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Feath3r
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Feath3r »

So they mess with my stompy firey puppy of doom and my cat still sounds like it has some flappy cheek face deformity when it shakes it head? BAH!