So I log in after server maintenance and...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

So I log in after server maintenance and...

Unread post by Ryai »

Am actually the FIRST HORDE HUNTER in Uldum!

What do I find!?

No Madexx. And before I log off it seems I wasn't the only one to think serv main = chance of rare. Other hunters were coming on.

Ok. Ok no problem mean, I realized long before I won't never ever see Madexx alive ever. So I can atleast look for and hopefully get Karoma on Rosalyn, right?

Nothing.

Not even Sambas.

SonIamDisappoint.jpg

Screw it they aren't worth it, I'm just gonna wash my hands of them and any further rare hunting and focus on leveling my other toons and trying to fix my Minecraft.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Re: So I log in after server maintenance and...

Unread post by Cialbi »

Aww, that's really a shame.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Server being reset has been proven to NOT reset timers. If they aren't supposed to come up at that time, they wont be up.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Well, the hope is that one of the rares that Ryai wants will have spawned while the server was down, and thus be there and waiting once the servers are back up.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Tudyk
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thunderlord (A) Uther (H)

Unread post by Tudyk »

Not to ignore the point of the post completely but .. minecraft is a HOOT. XD

Thanks to Pengupuff for the sig!

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Actually server maintenance DOES indeed restart timers on rares, at least from people tracking them (TLPD/Aeonaxx, I have also found best results after fresh restart). The rolling restarts are what are questionable. If the rare was up prior, it likely won't be after a maint., but possibly can be after a restart. Someone said Skoll despawns after a short time, but I remember camping TLPD, Skoll popped while I did a round while waiting for a dungeon. I had watched him for like 15 min, did the dungeon, and he was still there. Watched some more, another dungeon popped, came back and he was gone. I stared at him on my Shaman to disprove the theory for a long time too, oddly in the same spot. WoW's algorithm for rares is something no one (programmers aside) understands 100%. Old world rares, BC, LK, and Cata all have separate spawn rates, timers and rules.

/shrug Even if something shouldn't have spawned I still look lol.

Everything is RNG in the game :)
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Ryai wrote:Am actually the FIRST HORDE HUNTER in Uldum!

What do I find!?

No Madexx. And before I log off it seems I wasn't the only one to think serv main = chance of rare. Other hunters were coming on.

Ok. Ok no problem mean, I realized long before I won't never ever see Madexx alive ever. So I can atleast look for and hopefully get Karoma on Rosalyn, right?

Nothing.

Not even Sambas.

SonIamDisappoint.jpg

Screw it they aren't worth it, I'm just gonna wash my hands of them and any further rare hunting and focus on leveling my other toons and trying to fix my Minecraft.

You'll be back. You know you will.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Taluwen wrote:Server being reset has been proven to NOT reset timers. If they aren't supposed to come up at that time, they wont be up.
Maintenance, Taluwen. Maintenance. They aren't restarts, it's the servers being offline/inaccesable, but in theory the mobs are still able to have their counters tick down as if the server is up and playable. People have reported being able to find mobs after a maintenance because they spawn as soon as able when the server crops up and since there is a low population usually when the server crops up, that is why I deemed it the best shot to get a rare. Ok?

You'll be back. You know you will.
Oh I will.

To kill every Horde mount skin scorpid I can ever see when the patch comes live. I will kill and kill and kill them all to my hearts delight on Rosa, making Madexx suffer [in my mind] for even attempting to put me through the bullshit that all but a handful of rares put me through. King Krush v.2? Nope, not having it. Not having it at ***ing all.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ryai wrote:
Taluwen wrote:Server being reset has been proven to NOT reset timers. If they aren't supposed to come up at that time, they wont be up.
Maintenance, Taluwen. Maintenance. They aren't restarts, it's the servers being offline/inaccesable, but in theory the mobs are still able to have their counters tick down as if the server is up and playable. People have reported being able to find mobs after a maintenance because they spawn as soon as able when the server crops up and since there is a low population usually when the server crops up, that is why I deemed it the best shot to get a rare. Ok?
Thats what I was meaning. They can pop up if their timer has ticked down. But it doesn't mean they always will be there and you shouldn't count on a server reset/maintenance for something to spawn. Only thing you can count on is the timer itself.

LisaaraPokefarm

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Suicune wrote:Actually server maintenance DOES indeed restart timers on rares, at least from people tracking them (TLPD/Aeonaxx, I have also found best results after fresh restart). The rolling restarts are what are questionable. If the rare was up prior, it likely won't be after a maint., but possibly can be after a restart. Someone said Skoll despawns after a short time, but I remember camping TLPD, Skoll popped while I did a round while waiting for a dungeon. I had watched him for like 15 min, did the dungeon, and he was still there. Watched some more, another dungeon popped, came back and he was gone. I stared at him on my Shaman to disprove the theory for a long time too, oddly in the same spot. WoW's algorithm for rares is something no one (programmers aside) understands 100%. Old world rares, BC, LK, and Cata all have separate spawn rates, timers and rules.

Maintenance or restarts do not reset spawn times. Want to know what resets spawn timers? Server resets in which Blizzard has to take the entire server down in order to resync a part of the world. I happened yesterday (or the day before... I don't remember) on a certain realm... (the story is here on Petopia somewhere)

A person and his friend was camping Jadefang, and two other people came along and started camping Jade too... well Jade popped and the the new campers got the tame first... and the person's friend who wanted Jadefang logged out upset... an hour or two later their server had to be taken down in order to resync Outlands with the rest of the world and within minutes of the server coming back up Jadefang popped again...

The original person was still there just to see when Jadefang was going to pop next so he could either inform his friend if she was online, or so he could get the mini-pet.... he was astonished that Jade was back up again and his friend was offline... so in order to get a kill time he killed it for the mini-pet. That would be Jadefang spawning twice withing 2-3 hours... which is unherad of... so the server reset didn't totally reset the timer, but it did give Jadefang a new time to spawn... (my facts may be a little off, but it shows that Server resets really do something to spawn timers.)

Maintenance and Restarts only take the world offline and the spawn times of the rares are NOT affected unless the server has to be reset entirely while it is down... If Maintenance and Restarts actually reset timers then there would be NONE, ZERO, ZILCH rares up at all when the server came back online. Which everyone is aware does NOT happen.

If a rare is supposed to spawn between 8am-10am and the server comes back online at 11am, then more than likely the rare will be there (unless it despawns... but do any REALLY do that? ... I need proof to believe it), but if the rare is supposed to spawn between 12pm and 2pm and the servers come back up at 11am... then you can look forward to the rare popping around 12pm and 2pm...
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Taluwen wrote:
Ryai wrote:
Thats what I was meaning. They can pop up if their timer has ticked down. But it doesn't mean they always will be there and you shouldn't count on a server reset/maintenance for something to spawn. Only thing you can count on is the timer itself.
I don't think he considered it a guarantee, just an increased likelihood due to the world in effect being playerless for several hours.
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Pent »

Ryai, I was actually the very FIRST person to log into Uldum after maintenance yesterday... the very first... not just hunter... but the first of everything... I was on a good 5min before anyone else started logging on.

Madexx wasn't up, and neither were two of the non-tameable rares there...

I have already decided it is torture time for me.. I have been through enough so I am going to just spend every waking hour searching... I have done it before for Krush (11 days straight) and Aotona... (7 weeks straights........)

I might get a little insane... but we all go a little crazy sometimes.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Pent wrote:
Suicune wrote:Actually server maintenance DOES indeed restart timers on rares, at least from people tracking them (TLPD/Aeonaxx, I have also found best results after fresh restart). The rolling restarts are what are questionable. If the rare was up prior, it likely won't be after a maint., but possibly can be after a restart. Someone said Skoll despawns after a short time, but I remember camping TLPD, Skoll popped while I did a round while waiting for a dungeon. I had watched him for like 15 min, did the dungeon, and he was still there. Watched some more, another dungeon popped, came back and he was gone. I stared at him on my Shaman to disprove the theory for a long time too, oddly in the same spot. WoW's algorithm for rares is something no one (programmers aside) understands 100%. Old world rares, BC, LK, and Cata all have separate spawn rates, timers and rules.

Maintenance or restarts do not reset spawn times. Want to know what resets spawn timers? Server resets in which Blizzard has to take the entire server down in order to resync a part of the world. I happened yesterday (or the day before... I don't remember) on a certain realm... (the story is here on Petopia somewhere)

A person and his friend was camping Jadefang, and two other people came along and started camping Jade too... well Jade popped and the the new campers got the tame first... and the person's friend who wanted Jadefang logged out upset... an hour or two later their server had to be taken down in order to resync Outlands with the rest of the world and within minutes of the server coming back up Jadefang popped again...

The original person was still there just to see when Jadefang was going to pop next so he could either inform his friend if she was online, or so he could get the mini-pet.... he was astonished that Jade was back up again and his friend was offline... so in order to get a kill time he killed it for the mini-pet. That would be Jadefang spawning twice withing 2-3 hours... which is unherad of... so the server reset didn't totally reset the timer, but it did give Jadefang a new time to spawn... (my facts may be a little off, but it shows that Server resets really do something to spawn timers.)

Maintenance and Restarts only take the world offline and the spawn times of the rares are NOT affected unless the server has to be reset entirely while it is down... If Maintenance and Restarts actually reset timers then there would be NONE, ZERO, ZILCH rares up at all when the server came back online. Which everyone is aware does NOT happen.

If a rare is supposed to spawn between 8am-10am and the server comes back online at 11am, then more than likely the rare will be there (unless it despawns... but do any REALLY do that? ... I need proof to believe it), but if the rare is supposed to spawn between 12pm and 2pm and the servers come back up at 11am... then you can look forward to the rare popping around 12pm and 2pm...
Thank you Pent. this is what I was trying to say.

LisaaraPokefarm

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

I have never seen a rare up immediately after a full maintenance. I will keep my eye out, but have never seen it in all my time camping. That person who got Jadefang had a realm shutdown for OL not working, so technically it could be deemed a rolling restart of sorts. I hardcore camped TLPD and Aeonaxx, and the spawns following a MAINTENANCE follow a reset spawn timer. Ponderance who tracks the mount dropper rares also states that maintenance resets the timers, and very unlikely that rolling restarts or regular restarts do anything to the timers at all. Maybe the mount dropping rares are different, but I had the same luck with pets. /shrug

Like I said no one knows for sure how the timers work. All of you who SWORE the Spirit Beasts despawn... I mean come on, I sat there purposely watching them to see if they do, and they definitely do not, at least for an hour. And to further prove that they do not? There was a post about a guild who held Gondria for 6 or 7 hours until the hunter was able to get online and tame her. So if you feel like checking spawns after a restart or maintenance, or feel like the timers reset, then follow what you think is right. I have personally witnessed spawns that fit a reset timer, numerous times, and I am comfortable saying your chances are higher to get the spawn camping after a restart of a realm after Tuesday (or whatever day yours is) maintenance.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Pent »

Suicune wrote:I have never seen a rare up immediately after a full maintenance. I will keep my eye out, but have never seen it in all my time camping. That person who got Jadefang had a realm shutdown for OL not working, so technically it could be deemed a rolling restart of sorts. I hardcore camped TLPD and Aeonaxx, and the spawns following a MAINTENANCE follow a reset spawn timer. Ponderance who tracks the mount dropper rares also states that maintenance resets the timers, and very unlikely that rolling restarts or regular restarts do anything to the timers at all. Maybe the mount dropping rares are different, but I had the same luck with pets. /shrug

Like I said no one knows for sure how the timers work. All of you who SWORE the Spirit Beasts despawn... I mean come on, I sat there purposely watching them to see if they do, and they definitely do not, at least for an hour. And to further prove that they do not? There was a post about a guild who held Gondria for 6 or 7 hours until the hunter was able to get online and tame her. So if you feel like checking spawns after a restart or maintenance, or feel like the timers reset, then follow what you think is right. I have personally witnessed spawns that fit a reset timer, numerous times, and I am comfortable saying your chances are higher to get the spawn camping after a restart of a realm after Tuesday (or whatever day yours is) maintenance.
Ponderance has also been recently shown as being wrong.

He is on my realm and he acts like a complete troll most of the time.

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Suicune wrote:Like I said no one knows for sure how the timers work. All of you who SWORE the Spirit Beasts despawn... I mean come on, I sat there purposely watching them to see if they do, and they definitely do not, at least for an hour. And to further prove that they do not? [/size][/b][/color]
Only thing is no one here ever swore up and down that SB's Despawn, or any rare does. This rumor was started mostly because of LOQUE and when he first appeared how quickly he would disappear, and no one would realize it's because not only does he drop blues, but because when he is skinned he drops blues. So someone would see Loque- not kill it, 5 seconds later or well 5 minutes or so, sweep by and no Loque. Normally people would shout in general they had killed or tamed a creature. It happens, and being the first to kill or gank loque would probably be a troll worthy event but if the person wasn't a troll and never shouted, said person would be lead to believe Loque simply 'Despawned' especially if no one else if asked, in the zone, claims to have never seen him.

Rare's NEVER Despawn. This is NOT how or what we were on about. The main argument was I was hoping that due to Madexx and Karoma most likely being ganked, not tamed but ganked because as I've said I have NEVER seen a live Madexx and only RECENTLY saw a tamed Karoma! That during Maintenance, the fact that the server would be offline and people unable to get to it, I was hoping that the rare timers would have ticked over, and Madexx or atleast Karoma would be up. But they weren't. And I'm not going through a bullshit fest again like I did with King Krush.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Then don't. I don't see the point in being so completely vicious about it, however.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Ziarre wrote:Then don't. I don't see the point in being so completely vicious about it, however.
it's less Vicious and more Fed Up. It took me 2 years to get King Krush basically. Two damn years. Do I really want to spend and waste 2 years of my life going bonkers over Madexx and the rest like I did for King Krush? And it was almost the same amount of time for Aotona.

So I'm sorry that me being fed up and disgusted by lolrares comes off as vicious to you.
Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

it's less Vicious and more Fed Up. It took me 2 years to get King Krush basically. Two damn years. Do I really want to spend and waste 2 years of my life going bonkers over Madexx and the rest like I did for King Krush? And it was almost the same amount of time for Aotona.

So I'm sorry that me being fed up and disgusted by lolrares comes off as vicious to you.
I'm really sorry you are having and had such a tough time. :( I think you are right though at some point you have to say enough is enough. I hope as things go forward you have fun. :hug:
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Fed up is fed up, but yes, slaughtering beasts wholesale seemed a little overkill. *shot for pun*
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!