PTR new build.. Madexx and the scorpions

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

PTR new build.. Madexx and the scorpions

Unread post by Sasrei »

Well only have so much time to look around.. checked for Olm and did not see him around at all *sad face*

However.. regarding the scorpions. They now only come in brown and stay in brown.. (dismissed the pet like.. 10 times and all brown and flew around.. again.. all brown)

Madexx is all his colors again for my hunter who had to.. catch em all.

As well brown is now brown again, and blue is now blue again. So if you wanted blue.. youll have to camp Madexx for him. But if you just want a madexx type scorpion and dont mind the brown there you go! Not sure if madexx will still spawn brown.. mine is still brown so it may be the case folks.

(as well there are tan beetles there.. kinda forget if they were there before :lol)

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: PTR new build.. Madexx and the scorpions

Unread post by Ijomi »

Sigh. What a shame that bling apparently takes precedence over community in Blizzard's book.

It's ironic, really. All the loud anger over making Madexx "common", then all the excitement over looking for Olm again in the wild.

I may as well say "Hey, I caught Olm when he was around. Your loss if you didn't, I'll have a fit if he's brought back, it'll make my pet less speshul. It's my right."

Yeah, I wanted a blue Madexx, even a color changing one. Many thanks to the sentiments that now put me in a hopeless camp on one of WoW's most populated servers.

Appreciate it. :3

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Ijomi wrote:Sigh. What a shame that bling apparently takes precedence over community in Blizzard's book.

It's ironic, really. All the loud anger over making Madexx "common", then all the excitement over looking for Olm again in the wild.

I may as well say "Hey, I caught Olm when he was around. Your loss if you didn't, I'll have a fit if he's brought back, it'll make my pet less speshul. It's my right."

Yeah, I wanted a blue Madexx, even a color changing one. Many thanks to the sentiments that now put me in a hopeless camp on one of WoW's most populated servers.

Appreciate it. :3

Sorry that you are going to have to keep on camping for the Madexx color that you want. One way or the other, whatever they decided to do, there were going to be people who were upset with their final decision. Perhaps though they will change the spawn rate, make it a little easier to get?
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ijomi »

Yes....I recall the very idea of a shortened respawn timer causing hissy fits as well. Apparently, the definition of "community" to some is "you have to suffer as much as I have to suffer".

Funny, I would never think to stoop that low with Olm. I'd rather practice the Golden Rule with other hunters than deny them something because it would make my pet less "speshul". Maybe it's because I choose pets that I personally like, rather than pets to display.

All a matter of priorities, I suppose. But funny, it almost feels like griefing.

Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Ijomi wrote:Yes....I recall the very idea of a shortened respawn timer causing hissy fits as well. Apparently, the definition of "community" to some is "you have to suffer as much as I have to suffer".
Because evidently having to camp for 2 years makes the tame MOAR SPECHUL.

Or some BS.

It's why I've stopped hunting for rares altogether atm and stopped playing WoW for a bit too. Minecraft is so much better than that hypocrisy.
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ijomi »

Agreed, Ryai. We're in the same boat, it seems. The kicker is that it's other hunters that seem to influence these decisions. That rubs a lot worse than some random other class griefing a tame, to me.

A lot of topics I see here are all about the maddening camps, and the anguish when someone decides to be a griefer. Then there are the topics that turn around and wish the exact same suffering on someone else, for the sake of vanity.

Players or pixels, in the end? Honestly. It's things like this that make me ashamed of my class.

Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Honestly? I didn't mind that blues were gonna be common. Mine is still special to me. I was just angered that they were going to *change* my blue (Though... red is kinda awesome).

I do wish that others can be spared the camp, personally. I'm glad I did it over Christmas break or I'd have not gotten my rares. :/
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

I don't wish the pain of camping rares on others. :(

Mayhaps the people that do are just more vocal?
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

On another thread someone mentioned that the camping is part of the fun.

I agree with them to a point.

If you have to seriously camp one rare for longer than 10 days straight and never see it... then it isn't fun anymore.

It's been 20 days since I last saw a wild Madexx... and I have been camping everyday. (I started Dec.18th.)
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ijomi »

I can understand being upset if a current pet's look was changed, sure. I tamed Slaverjaw on my second hunter after her Scarlet Tracking Hound became a red mastiff. I love what has become known around our house as the "big fat happy puppy", but it wasn't my Jonathan. :lol:

However, some of the rage I have seen on this forum about Madexx's model being used on a common mob....as a color-changer, no less....was surprising, and very disappointing. And then the outcry on shorter timers, as well. It was frankly like watching a spoiled child with shiny toys lording over another child who has none....and then throwing a tantrum when asked to share.

I've pulled camps before, for days, for weeks. Ryai's clearly pulled a LOT longer than that. So when I found out my fruitless Madexx search was going to have even half a solution, I can't begin to tell you how absolutely relieved and happy I was. I would have taken any color as my "chosen" one, red suited my other hunter, but blue was honestly my personal favorite.

But the tantrum seems to have worked, the toys won't be shared. There are lucky hunters who collect the colors....on Moon Guard, I have yet to see even one.

So for those who were so vocal about retaining your vanity....here is a fellow hunter, a person behind the screen and pixels, that is the "have not" to make your "have".

Don't you feel special.

Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

I personally wouldn't dream of complaining about a pet skin in my stables becoming easier to tame. Not even my Cheshire Bear.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

I'm very glad that those who have tamed Madexx get to keep their colour. I'm happy my blue Madexx will stay blue and I won't have to abandon him and retame.

I didn't mind too much about the colour changers or whatever. I suppose it's sad for those who wanted the blue or brown but didn't want to camp. It might be nice if they upped Madexx's spawn rate or made him very difficult to kill, but yknow. Back to how it was. Infinitely better than swapping the colours of Madexxes all over the place even if they're tamed and stabled heh.

Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ijomi »

Yeah, there's no doubt changing the colors of ones already tamed was a mistake, and I'm glad it was reverted without issue.

I only wish the hunters who were so vocal against the color-changer had the same consideration....and a little more perspective.

Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Aeliel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Aeliel »

Novikova wrote:Honestly? I didn't mind that blues were gonna be common. Mine is still special to me. I was just angered that they were going to *change* my blue (Though... red is kinda awesome).

I do wish that others can be spared the camp, personally. I'm glad I did it over Christmas break or I'd have not gotten my rares. :/
Very much this. (Well, with the exception of "red is kinda awesome". It creeps me out. :?)

I did most of my Cata rare camps over the Christmas break as well, and while I got lucky with my blue Madexx, Karoma was an enormous pain with added heartbreak every time I found her dead - and I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

And I just don't get the selfishness. "Oh noes my precious precious rare is now going to be common I am no longer a special snowflake" whoopty. I'm all for putting additional Madexx colors, hell, all of them even, on color-stable non-rare mobs.

I was vocal about the color changer, but it was because I wanted it to be two different color-stable mobs (brown and blue) rather than a single color changer. :(
-=[ Dreams of Iso'rath ]=-
-=[ Image ]=-
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I am glad that my madexxs will stay the same color, and I dont understand why anyone would wish long camping for anyone.. I personally would love it if he was on a 3-5 hour spawn timer (not this.. 12-16 hour+ timer), and uses nerfbat :lol:

I didnt mind the color changer either, I mean most people liked blue and yes though youd have to dimiss it alot possibly to get the color you want atleast you would have it.

Nor would I mind if blue was added as a stable color since he does seem to be very popular. I got lucky with Sas since it was the holidays and noone.. well cared.. not many people tamed Madexx on my server.. mostly they kill it.. so it took me two weeks to get all colors (got lucky seriously cause it spawned different colors.. well.. 3 green, 3 black, 1 red, 1 brown, 1 blue) while Saon has red and black.. kinda looking for other colors but not hardcore since I have two already and I know there are people in my guild who would like him, so I only casually look and only if theres no other guildies camping him at the time.

The ODD thing however is that.. I tamed a green on the PTR (I KNOW it was a green, cause when I tamed it I wasnt sure I wanted it.. my least fave color.. who then turned into my fave color for that char :lol: odd how that happens hey! and that made me want to camp for green) and when I took him out again to name him.. he was brown 0.0 so I just.. stared at him, he wasnt a regular scorpion cause npcscanner went off and had brown checkmarked.. and I had my black and red still in my stables.. and my other chars have there colors fine.. and I tamed the green when you couldnt tame the brown or blue :lol: so im confused as heck

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Ayrisa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Ayrisa »

So wait, wait , wait. The brown Madexx skin I camped for is now going to be common? Please say they'll at least change it to a non-common one. This is ridiculous. :(
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Ayrisa wrote:So wait, wait , wait. The brown Madexx skin I camped for is now going to be common? Please say they'll at least change it to a non-common one. This is ridiculous. :(
I'm sorry to say given enough time anyways, your Madexx would no longer be snowflake special anyways.
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

Moving on from the "special snowflake" comment...

Is your Maddex special to you? Are you proud of all the hard work you put into getting him?
I have Mazzranache. He used to be a rare, and very few people had hm. I even, swear to Jesus, had a few 80s ask where I got him. Now you can go nab a pink strider from Barrens. I don't care. Gus is special beyond words to me, and finding him at lvl 10 and surviving his DoT, and getting that tame off, was a huge, huge deal to me. I use him a lot, he's my pride and joy.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I was upset that the blues were going to become common because I camped for weeks, passed a number of greens and browns to get my blue. I wanted blue because I liked the color and because I wanted a challenge. I was upset that they were going to make blue common in that I wasted all my time-I'm talking 5-6 hours a day for weeks, looking for that blue, and then they were going to make it so I could just go anywhere in Uldum and pick it up no sweat? That irked me, made me feel as if I seriously wasted my time. That was what I was vocal about. When I heard that my blue was going to become red, I was okay with that, red was one of the colors I thought was alright.

I think overall the best situation Blizzard could have come up with was kept Madexx in his colors and released these new scorpions in a number of DIFFERENT colors. That way Madexx-all of them-were still special and unique, and if someone wanted a scorpion of that build, they could get one, just in a different color then the 'rare' one.

But either way not everyone is going to be happy with the way things are. It would have been better if Blizzard released MAdexx in just one color to start and then did this with the others. Bah.
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ijomi »

Merlynshade wrote:I wanted blue because I liked the color and because I wanted a challenge.
Then it seems you got yourself what you'd worked for, yes?

One of my hunters pulled an all-day camp of Humar. I'm not about to deny those who tamed Pitch their enjoyment of the velvety kitty. I tamed Pitch myself on my second hunter, because camping, let's face it, more often than not leads to drama, griefing, and more stress than a game should give. Challenge? Sure, to an extent, as Pent pointed out. Not so much so on Moon Guard, where there have been literal bid wars on pets in General. "Bounty hunters" griefing a hunter who can't pay on behalf of one who can? Happened to me once.

There is not a single pet in my stable I would not willingly share with another hunter who wanted that look without the tension. I chose these pets not only for utility, but because I personally liked them. They are pets that, once in my stable and named, I would not casually toss out because New Shiny Pet is all the rage and you are not one of the cool kids unless you hang around in towns with it, nor would I abandon it because simply EVERYONE has one.

Hence my comment in another thread that if someone is taming a pet for the vanity alone, they're doing it wrong. I would rather put my fellow hunters before bling, because that is something that truly lasts.

Flight Rising!
deviantART!