Madexx... you dirty dirty scorpion...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Madexx... you dirty dirty scorpion...

Unread post by Pent »

I figure it would be OK for me to make a new Madexx thread since everyone else has been doing it.

Don't worry... I am not making it to complain about him (much...) like I have done recently.

So most of you know I have been camping Madexx since Dec.18th.

My initial color choice was blue, but I had a good friend and guildie tame a blue one before I was able to get one, so I decided to try for another color...

Then I saw a close-up picture of a green one and I fell in love...

After about 10-12 days of camping a brown Madexx spawned in my face, so not knowing if I would ever see him again I tamed him. Brown was my least favorite color, even though I REALLY liked the green color around its mouth and stinger... I didn't like brown. My color choices were then (most wanted to least wanted)... Green, Red, Blue, Black, and Brown.

So I kept camping... seen 10+ Madexx corpses... heard of 6-7 tames... missed him at least 3 times since I started camping because I was AFK wrapping presents, making chocolate milk for my little boy, or going to the drugstore for my son's medicine.

I complained a lot (I really mean A LOT) on these message boards, and I started a Madexx thread on the hunter o-boards...

Yesterday I was looking at the Silver Dragon map icon to realize I had not seen a wild Madexx alive in the last 20 days...

About two hours ago I was commenting on all of the people in my o-board thread getting their Madexxs and decided to log on...

I started doing circles checking spawn points... saw another hunter there... they were AFK... ...ALMOST stopped and started talking to them and decided to do a couple more sweeps before logging out...

I was rounding a corner when I saw a Black Madexx spawn... I dropped from my mount by shooting arcane shot at him, and started tame as soon as I hit the ground.

Less than 10sec later I was back in the air.

No one saw anything.

I think Madexx knows what my least favorite colors are and is letting me tame him in order from least favorite to the one I want...

:lol:
Last edited by Pent on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Madexx... you dirty dirty scorpion...

Unread post by Ryai »

Pent wrote:I think Madexx knows what my least favorite colors are and is letting me tame him in order from least favorite to the one I want...

:lol:
I'd kill to even see green Madexx :/

Anyways I guess congratulations.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

...If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it?

Grats, Pent!
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

That would be fun if it happens, him showing in all colors but green untill you have them all :P
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

So far I've only heard of the black Madexx spawning on my server, and that's the one I have. Eventually I think I may go out and look for the red one, but for now, I'm happy with my black one.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
seclipse
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garithos

Unread post by seclipse »

i got lucky with my madexx tames, both times got the 2 colors i wanted, black, and a day later got red lol. but since then i havent seen him nor has any guild mates. seems he has gone into hiding!
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I saw a green today. If I find another, I'll tame him, and give him to you in exchange for the black, ok? :D

I wish that would actually be possible in the case of Madexx. Hunters trading colours.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I have the black one as well. I've never seen any of the others around, though I saw someone with... red, I think? Or, no wait, Blue.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Only two colors I've seen on Suramar are black n' red so far, I keep hoping to stumble over the blue someday. Others...well I'll do my best to give them away before someone nukes them. @_@
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

LOL! Brown and Green were my least favorite of the colors, and that was all I kept seeing while I camped him. He had to show me my two least favorite colors before I got the color I liked best, so maybe he is doing the same to you?

Good luck with the Green!
Aeliel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Aeliel »

Aww, when I saw this thread I was hoping you got the green :(

Congratulations anyway! The black is a gorgeous creature, much, much prettier than the brown. ;)
-=[ Dreams of Iso'rath ]=-
-=[ Image ]=-
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Grats. And yeah, this is how I ended up with 3 Madexxes. I'd have a red, but another hunter was camping and asked nicely about it since he loves red. So hey. :D I hope you get your loved color though!
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Slythiechick
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Slythiechick »

I managed to get a blue one. I just tamed the first one that spawned for me....though I wanted the black or red ones more. He's grown on my though.
Echo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Echo »

I have only ever seen a blue Madexx and that was only after an hour of looking for him so I tamed him ..now I'm trying to get another color..and he won't show up..I think the other colors are hiding from me..lol

1 TLPD-Oct 16th 2011 (63 days of camping)
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Grats Pent! It may not be the one you wanted, but at least it's not the one you wanted least! :lol:

Actually, I have actually gotten to the point that although green is my favorite color (like IRL, in general), I have grown to love the black more. If you look closely, you'll notice his spots are green!..... ;) Honestly, I think black is the most bad-ss color of them all. That red on black is just.....wicked. <3

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Rhyela wrote:Grats Pent! It may not be the one you wanted, but at least it's not the one you wanted least! :lol:

Actually, I have actually gotten to the point that although green is my favorite color (like IRL, in general), I have grown to love the black more. If you look closely, you'll notice his spots are green!..... ;) Honestly, I think black is the most bad-ss color of them all. That red on black is just.....wicked. <3
I can't express how happy I am that I am not stuck with just brown anymore, but like I said somewhere... I really like the green venom on the brown Madexx... the colors blend so well or something.

And... I can't bring myself to ditch the brown one just yet... he'll be with me til I REALLY need a stable slot.

The green hunt continues, but on a more casual scale with less stress... I have other things to do now.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Well for Sas it was.. brown, black, green, black, green, green (corpse), black, blue, red. Green liked me apparently..

Saon was red, black, green (corpse), brown (who I gave to another hunter :))

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

Mozag wrote:I wish that would actually be possible in the case of Madexx. Hunters trading colours.
I know you were just joking but...

Can you imagine the competition if we could tame then like shrink(Ultima Online) pets and sell/trade them?

Think I would delete my hunter at that point :cry:

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

Man this thread made me take a close look at the green one, now I want one :(

Already have the blue, which is what I wanted to begin with, but man, the green is so army-like, it's like a mini-tank :D Literally.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Krondor wrote:
Mozag wrote:I wish that would actually be possible in the case of Madexx. Hunters trading colours.
I know you were just joking but...

Can you imagine the competition if we could tame then like shrink(Ultima Online) pets and sell/trade them?

Think I would delete my hunter at that point :cry:
I've never played Ultima Online, so don't actually know what it would be like. But selling/trading pets does always sound bad. I bet it would turn ugly, so I see what you mean. I was just joking however, and I hope that Pent manages to fall as in love with his black Madexx, as Rhyela did. :hug: