Exotic pet abilities: Make some changes plz?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Darven
Realm: Undermine - US

Exotic pet abilities: Make some changes plz?

Unread post by Darven »

Just 2 changes I've had in mind and one addition to the pet family i have.

- Shale Spiders - Wild Shale Spiders have an ability called "Shale Flurry" which deals 50% weaon damage.
Tamed Shale Spiders should be given this ability and it should generate threat being it's a tenacity pet.

- Devilsaurs - Their exotic ability is rather uesless being us Hunters have a sting reducing healing done already.
I believe they should have an AoE fear called Terrifying Roar, and re-naming the 5% crit something else.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

- Gyreworms - These beasts could be added in as an exotic pet quite similar to the Worms.
They can share the same exotic ability, but its special ability should be Earth Spike, reducing armour by 10%
and generating threat.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have any suggestions or ideas to go along with this feel free to share your ideas!
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Exotic pet abilities: Make some changes plz?

Unread post by Lisaara »

Gyreworms arent beasts, hun. They're elementals, or will be in 4.0.6. They're labeled elementals in PTR currently so there's no chance of us getting them.

As for Devilsaurs, how is the crit buff and monsterous bite useless? I've found them useful. Not everyone uses a 'sting' pet.

Not tryin to be mean or nothin....just pointing that out. I think exotic abilities are fine as they are. The only one that should be changed is the Rhino IMHO. Now THAT one is useless....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I would love to see the rhino's useless bleed ability (that both boars and hyenas do), do something that either generates more threat, or has a distinctive tank flavor as horn toss is already hilarious and awesome, and with the size of rhinos, they just feel very tankish.

But I'm probably just picky because I would love to see more members of the tenacity family function like true tanks instead of mock damage dealers. My two cents.

I think the devilsaur's 5% crit buff is fine as is, and I'm neutral to their new monstrous bite ability. I'd rather like if it went back to the old monstrous bite as we can widow venom targets if we actually need to use the mortal strike debuff.

As for shale spiders, I actually love the abilities they have. I think the three second stun plus kings makes them a great alternative PvP pet from bats and wasps (all having a stun ability) since some people like PvPing with tenacity pets since they can take more of a beating.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Darven wrote:Just 2 changes I've had in mind and one addition to the pet family i have.

- Shale Spiders - Wild Shale Spiders have an ability called "Shale Flurry" which deals 50% weaon damage.
Tamed Shale Spiders should be given this ability and it should generate threat being it's a tenacity pet.
No- MD works fine enough as it is, when I can get MD/Multi off without some friends getting to trigger happy or not waiting for some CC to go down. And since I use my shale spiders for pvp, having a pin/snare/stun is wonderful.
- Devilsaurs - Their exotic ability is rather uesless being us Hunters have a sting reducing healing done already.
I believe they should have an AoE fear called Terrifying Roar, and re-naming the 5% crit something else.!
I never thought +Crit was a bad thing. And also the fact that a devilsaur allows me to NOT worry about applying a sting that wastes focus, I might add?

Also. Fear. Fear in dungeons.

Have you had fear used in dungeons?

I had fear used in dungeons yesterday on my Boomkin when a priest got bored healing and spammed his fear. The tank died Twice.

So yeah no, no fear. Especially NOT AoE fear.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Fear in a dungeon isn't a bad thing...when it's glyphed so they don't run all over. A pet with an AoE fear would just be...*shudders* It would be very messy and would probably kill more people than it would save.

As I said, I still feel the mortal strike debuff is neither here nor there for BM. We generate tons of focus as BM, and 15 focus to apply widow venom is next to nothing really. It's just convienent that the devilsaur does it for free, not necessarily something we NEED.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

Taluwen wrote:Gyreworms arent beasts, hun. They're elementals, or will be in 4.0.6. They're labeled elementals in PTR currently so there's no chance of us getting them.

As for Devilsaurs, how is the crit buff and monsterous bite useless? I've found them useful. Not everyone uses a 'sting' pet.

Not tryin to be mean or nothin....just pointing that out. I think exotic abilities are fine as they are. The only one that should be changed is the Rhino IMHO. Now THAT one is useless....
Widow Venom ;) A sting that you can apply yourself, I believe it's in the BM tab of your spell book? I might be wrong =(
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:As I said, I still feel the mortal strike debuff is neither here nor there for BM. We generate tons of focus as BM, and 15 focus to apply widow venom is next to nothing really. It's just convienent that the devilsaur does it for free, not necessarily something we NEED.
That's kinda why I'm against having Devilsaur's have their mortal strike ability changed or removed. I have so many shots to worry about as it is, not having to worry about Widow Venom in my rotations or applying saves me alot of hassle and grief when I realize I need to use it cause we don't have any class applying their own mortal strike debuff.

And god damn you Tyger I afked to type this and Deathwing BURNINATED ME.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ryai wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:As I said, I still feel the mortal strike debuff is neither here nor there for BM. We generate tons of focus as BM, and 15 focus to apply widow venom is next to nothing really. It's just convienent that the devilsaur does it for free, not necessarily something we NEED.
That's kinda why I'm against having Devilsaur's have their mortal strike ability changed or removed. I have so many shots to worry about as it is, not having to worry about Widow Venom in my rotations or applying saves me alot of hassle and grief when I realize I need to use it cause we don't have any class applying their own mortal strike debuff.

And god damn you Tyger I afked to type this and Deathwing BURNINATED ME.
Teehee. =P
Like I said, I'm meh about the ability. I don't really care if they change it or not. For BM, you really don't have that many buttons to push so I'm a little confused why you say that.

You only have to apply serpent sting once, then keep Kill Command on cooldown and Arcane Shot while you have the extra focus and cobra shot to get that focus back. Excluding CDs, that's only 3 shots and one signature ability to keep track of. I keep my Bestial Wrath macroed to everything else that I would want to pop at the same time so I only have one button to push for my main cooldowns so the only other thing I really need to pay attention to is popping Focus Fire when the button lights up.

Adding a 15 focus shot into the "rotation", to me, doesn't seem like it would be that much trouble. I keep widow venom on one of my bars should I need it as we won't always have our devilsaurs out and around and you'll have to learn to add it in your rotation anyway. Again, this is just my opinion.

[/center]
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

Change the Devilsaur's ability to some other useful ability, use WV. There, now you get the healing debuff AND a different, useful ability, instead of the pet doing something you can already take care of.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Cozzene wrote:Change the Devilsaur's ability to some other useful ability, use WV. There, now you get the healing debuff AND a different, useful ability, instead of the pet doing something you can already take care of.
To be honest, that's really how I kind of feel about it, even though I am meh toward the ability. I hardly ever have my poor devilsaur out anymore so if I ever need the healing debuff, I'll have to provide it myself anyway.

[/center]
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Adding a 15 focus shot into the "rotation", to me, doesn't seem like it would be that much trouble. I keep widow venom on one of my bars should I need it as we won't always have our devilsaurs out and around and you'll have to learn to add it in your rotation anyway. Again, this is just my opinion.
I meant shotsa and other buttons to push. You know disengage, FD, traps, deterrence, sometimes wingclip and other things and just for my main bars I don't have that much space as it is.

Also trinkets and all, every time I try to make a macro atm for TBW it breaks so I do it all manually.

Sides saurs are perfect as they are. Sometimes when you run with one you don't get a rogue OR war. It happens O_o

That and just there's very little else they could get, outside of what, sunder armor, attack reduction, a bleed %debuff or a dmg increase but again, those are usually applied by other classes anyways so I just see the complaint in general as moot.

I just want the roar for devilsaurs to not be raptor screech tbh
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

If you click all your CDs manually, you'll lose the benefit of most of them by the time you finish clicking them all. I don't feel as connected to my devilsaur after 4.0.1, I also cycle through my pets to keep them leveled as my hunter is still leveling and I haven't PuGged a dungeon since I got treated like shit by a guild group.

Anyway, I think this discussion should be lain to rest since the thread's about changing exotic pet abilities and the devilsaur discussion is hijacking it a bit I think. Some of us think it's fine as is, others of it think it could be changed to something else. We'll have to agree to disagree and move on.

[/center]
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Cozzene wrote:
Taluwen wrote:Gyreworms arent beasts, hun. They're elementals, or will be in 4.0.6. They're labeled elementals in PTR currently so there's no chance of us getting them.

Widow Venom ;) A sting that you can apply yourself, I believe it's in the BM tab of your spell book? I might be wrong =(
They stack.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ryai wrote:
Darven wrote:Just 2 changes I've had in mind and one addition to the pet family i have.

No- MD works fine enough as it is, when I can get MD/Multi off without some friends getting to trigger happy or not waiting for some CC to go down. And since I use my shale spiders for pvp, having a pin/snare/stun is wonderful.
I believe they should have an AoE fear called Terrifying Roar, and re-naming the 5% crit something else.!
I never thought +Crit was a bad thing. And also the fact that a devilsaur allows me to NOT worry about applying a sting that wastes focus, I might add?

Also. Fear. Fear in dungeons.

Have you had fear used in dungeons?

I had fear used in dungeons yesterday on my Boomkin when a priest got bored healing and spammed his fear. The tank died Twice.

So yeah no, no fear. Especially NOT AoE fear.
^ This

Also Widow's Venom isnt really in the standard rotation I don't think for BM, least not last I checked WHU. So Devilsaur takes care of that.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Widow venom isn't in a standard rotation for any spec I don't think. However, that's not to say that we can't manually apply the debuff for a very small cost to ourselves.

[/center]
Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Widow venom isn't in a standard rotation for any spec I don't think. However, that's not to say that we can't manually apply the debuff for a very small cost to ourselves.
15 focus even for BM is a huge amount to lose. I have scramble at times to have enough for trap launcher or tranq without it messing things up.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Akycha wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:Widow venom isn't in a standard rotation for any spec I don't think. However, that's not to say that we can't manually apply the debuff for a very small cost to ourselves.
15 focus even for BM is a huge amount to lose. I have scramble at times to have enough for trap launcher or tranq without it messing things up.
My point was that even if we lost the debuff (and I'm pretty sure we won't since I'm sure Blizzard has no intention to redo pet buffs/debuffs), it wouldn't be killing us. Some people may not use devilsaurs, especially in PvP where that debuff would matter the most anyway, and, once more, in my opinion, it's not that big of a loss for us to provide it.

Compared to SV, our abilities take far less focus and using 15 focus to provide that debuff (if you're lacking an arms warrior) is very little. Instead of an Arcane Shot, you Widow Venom.

Like I said, my point was entirely based on people who don't use devilsaurs because they need to provide a different buff/debuff, or want different utility, it's not that big of a deal for us to provide it, and if you think it's a big deal, don't use it and hope someone else brings the debuff.

[/center]
Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Akycha wrote:
My point was that even if we lost the debuff (and I'm pretty sure we won't since I'm sure Blizzard has no intention to redo pet buffs/debuffs), it wouldn't be killing us. Some people may not use devilsaurs, especially in PvP where that debuff would matter the most anyway, and, once more, in my opinion, it's not that big of a loss for us to provide it.

Compared to SV, our abilities take far less focus and using 15 focus to provide that debuff (if you're lacking an arms warrior) is very little. Instead of an Arcane Shot, you Widow Venom.

Like I said, my point was entirely based on people who don't use devilsaurs because they need to provide a different buff/debuff, or want different utility, it's not that big of a deal for us to provide it, and if you think it's a big deal, don't use it and hope someone else brings the debuff.

Don't get me wrong I don't use a devilsaur and use widow's venom when appropriate. I guess I was more knee jerk reaction to the comment that 15 focus was something that wouldn't be noticed(or at least that is way it registered in my head)
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

For the Shale Spiders I think they are fine, as for the Devilsaurs I think they do need to do away with the reduced healing and give it something more befitting a giant terrifying dinosaur like make Monstrous Bite increase physical damage taken as Ravagers only pet with that debuff. :mrgreen:

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

15 focus isn't noticeable compared to some of the other abilities. I think it's pretty generous that many of our utility abilities have no focus cost (Conc Shot for example). And like I said, I think BM generates the most focus of the three specs (never played MM so not sure about them).

We have huge amounts of haste as BM and we get a bigger focus pool. We only really have 3 key shots and we have fervor and bestial wrath; fervor restoring instant focus to us and our pets and BW keeping us from using all our focus in one go.

The devilsaur debuff is convienent, nothing more nothing less and I honestly think it's better to just agree to disagree on the subject.

[/center]