Quick update for the PetAbandon macro

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
kaaoru

Quick update for the PetAbandon macro

Unread post by kaaoru »

Hey there guys! I just started my hunter yesteday, and always had the curiosity as to how to get those different pets(boar in flames, oil covered worg, etc). I found the post covering the how-to here, and after about 15 tries on The Lone Hunter and on the deviate birdy(edward cullen), I found a way to make it easy to work:
1-Tame the pet you want as you would tame any other.(make sure you have an extra pet slot!)
2-Dismiss it and proceed to tame it again, this time using the macro.

I dont know if it was just luck, but I spent about an hour failing on lone hunter, and when I tried that, it worked. At the time I didnt think it was related, and proceeded to to catch the deviate bird. Again, a number of failed attempts. I decided to do what Id done on the lone hunter and BAM! It worked. Same thing with the Armored Battleboar(although this took some time to get the timing right)

So, if you are having trouble getting your pets with effects, might wanna try this out and give feedback here :)
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Quick update for the PetAbandon macro

Unread post by pop »

how did you just started your hunter yesterday and you can tame the lone hunter?
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

pop wrote:how did you just started your hunter yesterday and you can tame the lone hunter?
RaF?

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
kaaoru

Unread post by kaaoru »

No RaF lol. Just BoAs+10% from guild :) Went 1-30 yesterday and 30-46 today(wasting hours running around to get pets and stuff).

"Earned the achievement Level 10 for 10 points. 1 day ago" Dapperfinery@Medivh-US
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

BoAs was my other choice. ;P

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
scecartonan
Realm: Terokkar

Unread post by scecartonan »

Sweet i got it to work, thanks :D
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_012411_024055.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012411_024055.jpg (258.4 KiB) Viewed 4702 times
Tamer
Realm: Outland EU

Unread post by Tamer »

Confirmed, Tamed Ghostpaw Runner in Ghost Wolf Form, was unable to upload screenie
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Tamer wrote:Confirmed, Tamed Ghostpaw Runner in Ghost Wolf Form, was unable to upload screenie
Just mind you, if your pet dies, I think it will lose the form.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

kaaoru

Unread post by kaaoru »

Yes, Im pretty sure all the restrictions in http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7093 still apply..dont wanna test on my shiny strider :c
Skeeter
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: azshara

Unread post by Skeeter »

i thought i read somewhere they fixed the abandonpet macro, i spent 2 hours trying the lone hunter, but if this works, ima be so upset that i spent so much time trying to kill the mobs at the same time as my tame ends!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Skeeter wrote:i thought i read somewhere they fixed the abandonpet macro, i spent 2 hours trying the lone hunter, but if this works, ima be so upset that i spent so much time trying to kill the mobs at the same time as my tame ends!
It still works long as you're not spamming it.

LisaaraPokefarm

Skeeter
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: azshara

Unread post by Skeeter »

Taluwen wrote: It still works long as you're not spamming it.
aww well that explains what i was doing wrong!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Skeeter wrote:
Taluwen wrote: It still works long as you're not spamming it.
aww well that explains what i was doing wrong!
Just gotta hit it once.

LisaaraPokefarm

Zercon
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Zercon »

Since I read this thread I've been out trying to get the thistle bear. Is there any SPECIFIC point you want to hit the pet abandon macro that one time? IE just as the tame is finishing, the tame finished, or when you see the gold ETC. any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
kaaoru

Unread post by kaaoru »

Zercon wrote:Since I read this thread I've been out trying to get the thistle bear. Is there any SPECIFIC point you want to hit the pet abandon macro that one time? IE just as the tame is finishing, the tame finished, or when you see the gold ETC. any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Personally, I just spam it at about 2s left on the tame. I went to get the lone hunter again(accidently hit the macro when he was out >_>), and got it on the first attempt(Tame it regularly once, dismiss(not abandon), tame it again using the macro)

Ill try to get some pics and make a guide...as soon as mages decide to port me around
Zercon
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Zercon »

Got it, Thank you :3

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

it also loses it if you die while the pet is out (apparently)

i had the ghostpaw from before on a lowbie, and had him out when i made an unfortunate error in jumping distance in stonetalon. now wolf is regular and i dont wanna retame due to EULA and all that.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

It's only some of the buffs that are lost on death--this bear was reported to keep theirs :)

Iirc, it was Oil-stained Wolves, Oiled Fledgelings, Consumed Thistle Bear, Armored Battleboar, The Lone Hunter & the Angered Arakkoa Protector which keep the buffs through death.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Quivering wrote:it also loses it if you die while the pet is out (apparently)

i had the ghostpaw from before on a lowbie, and had him out when i made an unfortunate error in jumping distance in stonetalon. now wolf is regular and i dont wanna retame due to EULA and all that.
I believe we were given a response from Noah saying something to the effect that it's okay if you tame these pets so long as no one reports them and you don't try to gain anything malicious out of it. It's not something they want to be happening, but, for now, they're turning a blind eye to it.

[/center]
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Quivering wrote:it also loses it if you die while the pet is out (apparently)

I believe we were given a response from Noah saying something to the effect that it's okay if you tame these pets so long as no one reports them and you don't try to gain anything malicious out of it. It's not something they want to be happening, but, for now, they're turning a blind eye to it.
From Noah via Wain:

- Any retained features that are actual buffs are a definite no-no. Anything that affects class balance by buffing your pet is out.
- For anything that just affects cosmetics/appearance, you have to use your best judgement. If another player could conceivably get upset because it somehow affects gameplay - making it difficult to target, obscuring vision, (maybe looking like a worgen player? ;)) etc. then the upset player could conceivably report it and the pet would most likely be taken away. It's very unlikely anyone would get banned and it wouldn't be very nice if they were. If you did get banned over a purely cosmetic buff, he said to mention it. If it's just a little blue aura or something that you use for pve or solo or wehatever, it's highly unlikely anyone will care.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!