Quick update for the PetAbandon macro

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Re: Quick update for the PetAbandon macro

Unread post by Vetiver »

penicillin wrote:Thankyou for the information on using 2 empty petslots. Had been trying to get Consumed Thistle Bear but did not succeed untill I read this thread. Nice to have this on my 19 twink hunter as the Flaming Boars seems to be quite common in this xp-of bracket now (had mine a while and tamed it using the revive pet method).
probably cause i'm a jerk and shared the method on twink info a few months ago. :(

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Neshek
Realm: Sentinels

Unread post by Neshek »

For the benefit of others, so that you may learn from my stupidity:

If you're having trouble taming with the "Abandon Technique", first check to see if you have ONLY 2 slots open when you try to do the trick. One for the first <insert special pet here>, and another slot for the second which you wish to keep.

I will repeat that:
ONLY HAVE TWO SLOTS OPEN WHEN YOU TRY THIS, OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER HOURS OF BUTT-FUSTRATION!

For further clarification, that means you need to already have 3 pets with you to make this work.

(You may need to have specifically the fourth and fifth slots open to make this work. Just a theory.)

Also, it seems that higher latency gives better "catch" rates than lower latencies. (Also just a theory)

Even with all this, you may not get it to work on the first try. Remember, persistence is key.
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."

Hope this info helps.

Gboy05201
Realm: The Forgoten coast

Unread post by Gboy05201 »

dose anyone know if the buff on the consumed thistle bear disapears in BGs? i spent a few hours trying to tame one and finaly got it and i dont wana loose it and have to do it over again.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Never had empty pet slots or pre-taming the pet "normally" make any difference for me.
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

Gboy05201 wrote:dose anyone know if the buff on the consumed thistle bear disapears in BGs? i spent a few hours trying to tame one and finaly got it and i dont wana loose it and have to do it over again.
only rated bgs and arenas

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Dash_atk
Realm: Drenden

Unread post by Dash_atk »

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=37961#comments

anyone know a way to keep the blood aura on these guys?

the abandon trick works but after about an hour the aura just fades

I really like this raptor too =/
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I believe those raptors have a nature damage buff called Corruption. This for sure is against Blizzard's TOS because it's a damage cheat. At least I am pretty sure it's these guys.
Don't quote me but I believe that's what the cloud is

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I really wish the old thread wasn't locked lol--those raptors are discussed there :P The buff is timed, so while you can tame the pet with it, it only lasts the 10 minutes or whatever it is before wearing off.
beatyah
Realm: doomhammer

Unread post by beatyah »

Hi,

I tried this method today on the lone hunter but everytime he is tamed,the sword is gone just before he dissapears.
It looks like the buff is cleared at the exact moment he is tamed(and so just before dissapearing)

Can anyone help me out?

greetzz
quietstrm07

Unread post by quietstrm07 »

beatyah wrote:Hi,

I tried this method today on the lone hunter but everytime he is tamed,the sword is gone just before he dissapears.
It looks like the buff is cleared at the exact moment he is tamed(and so just before dissapearing)

Can anyone help me out?
This method no longer works. The only method that I know of that is supposed to work is if it dies the exact time you complete the tame and you immediately cast rez pet to make the body disappear

Signature created by the very talented Serenith. Thank you very much for all your hard work :)

vampirechickk
Realm: Lothar

Unread post by vampirechickk »

As of 7/21/2011

The Revive pet at exact time of death STILL WORKS!!

I had to ask a fellow hunter to help. He got him on the second try. It took me about 20 tries. I asked him what stance he was in and if he had last wolf slot open (first slot in stable-Last slot in call pet). He said yes.. bottom slot in call pet was empty and he was in BM form.

After changing into BM and making my last call pet slot (aka first stable slot) free (we already tamed the lone hunter before.. so you still may need him tamed too) then I got him in 2 tries!

You can revive him right away to make sure you got him. After confirmed.. dismiss him.. log out.. log back in and he should show up in your last call shot.

STEP ONE:
Make sure your first Stable slot is empty and get into BM form.

STEP TWO:
Tame a copy of the lone wolf and name him.

STEP THREE:
Find a friend who can ONE SHOT him and tell him to shoot him just before tame disappears.

STEP FOUR:
Hit revive pet right as tame disappears. You should see him disappear before the ding.

STEP FIVE:
Revive pet to see him with the sword in his head. If sword is not there.. abandon him and start again. If sword IS there then dismiss pet, log out and then log back in.

STEP SIX:
Call your pet, rename pet and enjoy!

I tried the abandon pet method and it worked but it wouldn't keep the sword in his head. The trap method took too many tries of close calls. Friend Revive Method is best! I hope this helps!!

Make sure to never bring Glitch Pets to Arenas or BGs. Their glitch will become removed.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

A couple points about this--

I don't get why people tame a "copy" beforehand... I've still never, ever had this affect it. You can get it easily using the Revive-method without taming one in advance!

Your step 5 has no point, I think; if the sword is there, there's no need to relog. Generally, if you do it right, you just can't summon him at first, due to a bug--and have to relog to see him :)

And regarding arenas/bgs--it's only RATED BGs you need worry about :)

"BM Form"--if you mean BM spec--doesn't matter, either :P

(I'm not doing this to rag on you, I just want to make sure people don't go about this entirely the wrong way!)
vampirechickk
Realm: Lothar

Unread post by vampirechickk »

Acherontia wrote:A couple points about this--

I don't get why people tame a "copy" beforehand... I've still never, ever had this affect it. You can get it easily using the Revive-method without taming one in advance!

Your step 5 has no point, I think; if the sword is there, there's no need to relog. Generally, if you do it right, you just can't summon him at first, due to a bug--and have to relog to see him :)

And regarding arenas/bgs--it's only RATED BGs you need worry about :)

"BM Form"--if you mean BM spec--doesn't matter, either :P

(I'm not doing this to rag on you, I just want to make sure people don't go about this entirely the wrong way!)
It wasn't until I switched to BM that the tame worked in 2 tries. *shrugs* but then again.. it could be that not having the pets in the right stable slot messed with it too... I'm just listing what I had to go through to finally get it to work.
sheppo
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by sheppo »

thanks for the update on how to get this to work. I previously have a pet with an effect tamed, they would lose the effect if they died and were revived.

Is this still the case, or is the effect only wiped out by rated battlegrounds and arenas?
yourhero88
Realm: Lightning's Blade

Unread post by yourhero88 »

Just tamed Lone Hunter and Oil Stained yesterday with the Flame Trap method. Took several tries to get the timing right, but worked like a charm!
Hagon94

Unread post by Hagon94 »

I tried taming The lone hunter with the petabandon macro like this. I had two open slots, tamed him once then dismissed him and then proceeded to tame him again, this time having the macro on 4-5 buttons on my actionbar, spamming them like crazy as fast as humanly possible, but to no avail. I've tried this 5+ times now and It just won't work for me. I do not think latency have anything to do with the matter, for the better or worse. I tried putting some heavy downloading on to ramp my latency up quite a bit, but the result was no different. No matter which guide i follow using the petabandon macro, it simply will not work for me! I'm on patch 4.2.0
Hexen
Realm: Tichondrius

Unread post by Hexen »

I tried to pat abandon several hundred times on oil-stained fledglings today (August 25) to no avail. I could just be terrible, but I would think with that many tries even that could be worked over...
penicillin

Unread post by penicillin »

Vetiver wrote:probably cause i'm a jerk and shared the method on twink info a few months ago. :(
Sharing information is what internet is for, you're not a jerk for doing so imo :) (especially posting something usefull on ti could never hurt)

On the petabandon script, I've been helping a fellow hunter get some pets it seems the script no longer works (or we have just been very unlucky). Going to try and explain the revive method next, see if it still works (patch 4.2.2). (for full info we have only been trying the Ghostpaw Runner until now, lvl 19 hunters).
Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

The pet abandon macro has been completely fixed as far the devs can tell. It now correctly abandons the pet.
Vegatifa
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Vegatifa »

Use the revive method. Takes a few tries but it works eventually I promise. The abandon method, as stated above, has been removed/fixed. Named him "Migrane" after many attempts in vain... and due to the huge sword sticking out of his head. Either way, he's lovable. :hug: