Screw you, Huhuran!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Screw you, Huhuran!

Unread post by Rhyela »

Went to BWL on my druid today with the guild for the achievement, and got it. Yay! Then we decided on a whim to go to AQ40 as well. I got a green crystal (mount), yay! Then I figured, "Hey, why not hop on Rhyela and tame Lord Kri?" So, I switched over and was summoned inside. I got a green and a yellow crystal. Yay again! (Made sure everyone else got theirs before rolling on a second character). Then we finally came to Huhuran's room. Well, what I assumed was her room. It looked like a beehive inside.

Now, I hate Huhuran. I hate her size, I hate her face, I just don't like the boss model at all. I do like the color, but with the new wasps in Uldum coming out in patch 4.0.6, I planned to get one of those. So why, why on Azeroth did I decide to go ninja-tame Huhuran? Why? And why, above all else, do I actually LIKE her?!

/sigh. I figured I'd despise her and let her go when the smaller ones came out, but no. I like her monstrous size, I like her pretty, intelligent face and eyes. I would have NEVER normally given this wasp a chance. I never planned to go into AQ40, or at least not with the intention of taming anything. Things just happened in such a way that I was online for the guild run (hadn't been on my mains in several days), and I happened to decide to bring Rhyela. Ugh.

And what's funny is that we never did make it to Lord Kri. So, I tamed a pet I never thought I'd want and ended up not getting the pet I kinda-sorted wanted. :lol:

Oh and another hunter in the guild got himself Chromaggus today. :D He offered to let me have it, but I like my Oscar.

Sorry for the rant, I just thought it was ridiculous. I feel cliche almost because it seems like everyone loves and owns Huhuran and I didn't. Well, til now.

Sorry for the bad lighting, this pic's taken at night. I may see if I can take a better one tomorrow to replace this with. :)

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_013111_003813.jpg
WoWScrnShot_013111_003813.jpg (192.35 KiB) Viewed 2617 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Screw you, Huhuran!

Unread post by Vephriel »

She really suits your character well! :)

I'm not a fan of her myself (boss model/green colour), but I think those sorts of matches are fated. :D
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

She looks stunning with you!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

:lol: Sometimes, I do wonder if we tame our pets at all....it seems more like they tame us. Grats, I think! xD

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Thanks guys! (Yeah, Kalli, it's a grats in this case) :D What didn't help is my brother immediately said how much he liked her because of her size, and how pretty she was. So I thought, "Well, I suppose she isn't tooooo bad...." Then when we were finished with the raid and I hearthed back to SW, a dwarf hunter saw me with her and whispered me, "Nice pet! Where did you get it?" Darn you!!! /shakefist I told him where she was of course, and that I just got her, and he congratulated me.

/sigh.

I feel this was one of those fated tames, too, Veph. Especially considering the circumstances. :)

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

WOW. I demand a daylight screenshot first thing in the morning!! So much green, they look great together :D
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I echo all the previous sentiments: not only do you look great together, it was obviously a fated tame. Huhuran wanted to go home with Rhyela, and it's as simple as that, really. :D
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

After reading about how you didn't want to tame Huhuran, I scrolled down enough to see your screenshot. Maybe it's me being sleep-deprived, but I swear that the big bug is somehow pulling off puppy-eyes in that shot. I didn't think a wasp could do that!

Oh, and a certain scorpid also comes to mind... :lol:
Vampiretooth
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Vampiretooth »

Gratz on that beautiful tame. :) I wanted to have this awesome wasp for myself. I wanted a challenge, so i invited a guildie just so i could enter AQ40. Yea... i wanted to solo that thing and i made it. The first boss with MC was a pain in the ass on the first try, but i managed to kill him in second one. :) After that the way was easy by using feign death and all my animals i had. Finally i tamed this green wasp. I was amazed how huge she looks. Is there any bigger pet that can beat Huhuran in size?
Skade
Realm: Elune

Unread post by Skade »

Haha, I had myself a two-hunter adventure when a friend and I randomly went "Lets go tame stuff in AQ40!". A lot of fun, and a lot of dying later I walked out with both Buru and Huhuran.

Personally I thought her color scheme was garishly hideous. ....And that was one of the main reasons I wanted to tame her. So clashing, so bright, so neon, she's a heck of an eye catcher. Another reason was that she (and the other boss wasp models) are just so massive-- even next to my Tauren!

Good to hear of the fun you had getting your tames and that she actually grew on you! That's one of the things that makes it all worth while, I think.

Krakatoa - Orthus - Stein - Maahes - Bowser
Skade - Server: Elune - 85 Beast Mastery/Survival Hunter - Guild: Wardemons
FOR THE HORDE!
My Stable!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I've been sweet on Huhuran's color scheme ever since I first saw her, to be honest. Gaudy, and in the best way. And the model's face is really amazingly adorable. She's the only wasp I've seen who has that 'puppy-eyed' expression. I showed her to a friend, who commented that she looked 'way too cheerful to be a terrifying boss monster'.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

Have her, love her. Mine is called Envy and kicks pvp ass. I hope they dont resize her model :(

Gz on tames :)

Edit: added a fun SS of her size :)
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_011711_180106.jpg
WoWScrnShot_011711_180106.jpg (318.67 KiB) Viewed 2617 times
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

This pet doesnt seem to be popular on my server. Of course it could be that people just dont have her summoned, but I cant recall much of anyone having this out.

I have a melee heavy group I run with, and flying pets irritate them, I may have to pick this little neon gal up for some good ol fashioned melee irritating >:)

oh, and grats! yall look good.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Kurasu wrote:I've been sweet on Huhuran's color scheme ever since I first saw her, to be honest. Gaudy, and in the best way. And the model's face is really amazingly adorable. She's the only wasp I've seen who has that 'puppy-eyed' expression. I showed her to a friend, who commented that she looked 'way too cheerful to be a terrifying boss monster'.
She really does have sweet, adorable eyes. I keep looking at this screenshot and noticing her cute face. Argh! :lol: What's odd is that it's not like I had never seen her in person, I have, and didn't like her. So I'm not really sure why she's grown on me so much so fast.

I'll try to get a SS first thing when I get home, Acherontia. :D I won't be home til about 7:00 p.m. server time, but I think I'll still have a bit of daylight left at that point.

Aussiehunter
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Aussiehunter »

saw this tread and fell in love at first sight :D, never actualy seen this bug before.

it will go perfectly with my green goblin when i get him changed later tonight.

Thanks!
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

She does look really great with your character =)

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Grats on your tame!!
I have her on my main and love the fact that she is larger than most pet sizes. I allways get an inquirery as to where she can be found;and what it takes to get her to love you.

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Tensky
Realm: Turalyon

Unread post by Tensky »

I have Huhuran on my Tensky, who's a tiny little goblin.
Poor little thing looks like an ant compared to her pet.
Blooddsurge
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Blooddsurge »

will you be ever to control your mind? ;)

grats tho :)
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

LOL!

I randomly tamed this gal Image while hunting for Aratona in Sholozar on my bigger hunter. Never thought I would like a wasp, but I totally adore my Tiamat.

So much so that when Gypsi was a high enough level I ran to Feralas to tame Stinglasher (the blue version of this), though I plan to replace Khaos with the dark blue version.

Grats on your own-the green really suits your toon.