First Madexx, First Try

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
iKrow
Realm: Undermine

First Madexx, First Try

Unread post by iKrow »

So after a 3 hour Rak camp, and 3 hour Terrorpene camp, I'm finally sick of just standing still and waiting. I think, boy, "I havn't seen any Madexx on this server, I wonder if anyone has tamed him?" I'll go check Uldum for a bit.

I fly in to the middle of all the spawns and this is what I see.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5059 ... 140207.jpg

Now, wanting the black one, I freak out, scream on vent, scream in gchat and tame.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4049 ... 140313.jpg

Anyone wanna help with naming this little fella? <3
Demonwolf
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: kael'thas

Re: First Madexx, First Try

Unread post by Demonwolf »

venomclaw :D lol idk y but it sounds like a good name for me xD or venomtip..since hes a scorpion o.0
iKrow

Unread post by iKrow »

Not really my kinda name tbh. I don't have many named pets, I like the names of the pets I have though.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/u ... vassal/pet
Twitchapher
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Twitchapher »

You know what, this saves me making a new topic...Cuz the same thing happened to me. Madexx has always been a 'if I find him, I'll tame him'. So I'd fly over his spawns look to see if he was there. Every time I checked he hasn't been up. I've been checking for...2 weeks? Well today I was more forced on getting to Revered with my guild since I was about two thousand away. All the time me and another hunter guildy were talking about rare spawns we wanted, he wanted Sambas, I wanted blue Madexx since I love blue. After finishing Hyjal I headed over to Uldum though I had forgotten where I had left off in the quests. So after flying around for a bit I deiced to go check for Madexx. Why not. I got half way through checking, thinking he's not up, when my npc scan gave me a heart attack.
Possibly the messiest tame I have ever done. I almost abandoned Terrorpene, I had no free stable slots, I aggrod Madexx AND a random mob. As you can see I had damaged Madexx to half way his health and my health before I managed to tame him. Messy messy messy and I need ot go get another raptor for raids. But I did get him! Making me one happy hunter.
He matches my Ramkahen tabard quiet well. =D
iKrow

Unread post by iKrow »

Grats! The problem with "camping" Madexx, is that there isn't really much in Uldum to do after you finish questing. No dailies, you can get whiptail and maybe some mining, but that's about it. Kind of boring.

The black one was top on my list because of how he looked inverted, I think it's so cool <3
Orrik
Realm: Khaz'goroth

Unread post by Orrik »

There are two dailies for Ramkahen; Fire From Above and the one where you smash pygmies with a hammer.

As for a names theres:
Mafdet: Goddess of scorpions and snakes.
Serqet: Scorpion Goddess

or if you want male, you could go with Mathayas from the movie The Scorpion King
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

iKrow wrote:So after a 3 hour Rak camp, and 3 hour Terrorpene camp, I'm finally sick of just standing still and waiting. I think, boy, "I havn't seen any Madexx on this server, I wonder if anyone has tamed him?" I'll go check Uldum for a bit.

I fly in to the middle of all the spawns and this is what I see.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5059 ... 140207.jpg

Now, wanting the black one, I freak out, scream on vent, scream in gchat and tame.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4049 ... 140313.jpg

Anyone wanna help with naming this little fella? <3

hey Ikrow, could you tell me what UI's you're using? I love the openness feel to your screen

Oh and Grats on your find! You too Twitch :)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I don't know why, but the black madexx makes me think Ozzy or Grimm or some classic rocker. And grats to those with their new scorpies. :D
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Sadness.. Still waiting on madexx to show up for me.. grats on your tame though

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Demonwolf
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: kael'thas

Unread post by Demonwolf »

i was just thinking sum normal ppl might put. i have all my names of my pets w relative thing. but they're in german. except my spirit beasts haha
Speak
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Speak »

Grats on your pretty Madexx =D I've always had some form of ESP with pets/mounts, and this was one of those times. I had a voice in the back of my head telling me to goto Uldum. I started at North, went to middle of the spawns and stopped for a second. Don't ya know it, Madexx spawns right below me. I really really wanted the green one but, I had to give Madexx a home (I plan to friend all of her sisters/brothers) She's pretty nice once you get to know her :] I'll be checking back in 2.5 hours for next spawn.

Minerva and I went for a stroll, I got sleepy so I laid down and took a nap. I can picture her saying "She's been sleeping [ THIS LONG ]" :lol:

Her giving a hug. (She doesn't bite, she's just a little fiesty sometimes!)
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Bahaha, I love that second screenie. It sums up the bronze madexx oh so perfectly. :D Hug me! *waves*
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Dubhsidhe
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Dubhsidhe »

Grats on your.. scorpions..

<shivers and goes to hide under a desk>
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Grats on your tames! I'm still casually looking for green Madexx. Since I have Vulkoor, it doesn't drive me insane to not have the green one. In fact, I probably shouldn't be bothering with it at all since I want The Evalcharr in the next patch and I only have two stable slots left. x_x But green is sooooooo pretty.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
iKrow

Unread post by iKrow »

Royi wrote:hey Ikrow, could you tell me what UI's you're using? I love the openness feel to your screen

Oh and Grats on your find! You too Twitch :)
It's TukUi (google it). Honestly the only changes I've done to it was 2 fonts and I changed the clock to 12hr and the dps next to the clock, that's all.