Smallest tamed wasp pet

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sokujo
Realm: Borean Tundra

Smallest tamed wasp pet

Unread post by Sokujo »

Hello all,

I remember coming across a youtube video that showed a tamed wasp that was considerably smaller then the normal tamed wasps. I think it was a boss but I'm not sure. So I was wondering if anyone knew about this. Thanks

Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Re: Smallest tamed wasp pet

Unread post by Kikanu »

Look at their model. If they have intricate heads and considerably more spikes, they're as big as a Tauren. If they're sleek and slender, they're smaller. "Boss" wasps, like Ainamiss in AQ20, will always be large and spiky, while smaller wasps, seen around them, will be smaller.
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Could you post a link so we could see, would help a bit. Also there are 3 types of wasps boss type: the biggest, seen in Borean Tundera and AQ Silithid wasp: seen in, well any area with Silithids and firefly wasps: in outlands mostly. Fireflies are the smallest wasps. Does this help? :mrgreen:

Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Unread post by Sherbe »

No idea. I just know that bosswasps like Sapphire Hive Queen and Princess Huhuran are huge. I got Huhuran recently and boy is she a giant :D Normal Silithid wasps like Qirot are kinda small.

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!

Sokujo
Realm: Borean Tundra

Unread post by Sokujo »

Rawr wrote:Could you post a link so we could see, would help a bit. Also there are 3 types of wasps boss type: the biggest, seen in Borean Tundera and AQ Silithid wasp: seen in, well any area with Silithids and firefly wasps: in outlands mostly. Fireflies are the smallest wasps. Does this help? :mrgreen:
That's the problem, I don't where I saw it, I just remember seeing it.

The Hunter on the video had it beside him and it was pretty small and I'm pretty sure he said it was a boss. It wasn't a firefly and I remember it being darker colors. But I've tried to remember how I found it and I can't

Schlager
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Undermine

Unread post by Schlager »

I tamed Blacksting the 'red firefly' model and he is pretty small, especially compared to the wasps from Wrath.
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

Rex Ashil's new model seems rather tiny compared to a worgen , looks almost like a non combat pet
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Mustafah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Mustafah »

hmm might be Outland wasp..? maybe you can link that video and we'll be able to recognise which wasp it was

Lots of thanks for TygerDarkstorm for the awesome sig!! =D

Mustafah wrote:Playable Pandaren with racial camel mount!!!
Mindsprocket
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Mindsprocket »

As far as I'm aware the only wasp in game that's an actual boss is Princess Huhuran. She's huge, as are all the other wasps that have her "boss model".

Maybe the hunter in the video just got mixed up? A lot of people don't realize that the silithid wasps are actually a different model than the "boss wasps". E.g. the Sapphire Hive Drones in Sholazar Basin used to have the "boss model" and were later changed to silithid wasps. But a lot of people thought they just got smaller and didn't notice the other differences in the model. However, if you compare them to Stinglasher, who now has the "boss model" with the same coloration as the Sapphire Hive Drones, you can clearly see the difference.

Lok'tar ogar!