What's your favorite spirit beast(s)?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

What's your favorite Spirit Beast(s)?

Arcturis
10%
Ghostcrawler
9%
Gondria
10%
Karoma
21%
Loque'nahak
29%
Skoll
21%

Total votes: 214

Vorel
Realm: Aggramar

Re: What's your favorite spirit beast(s)?

Unread post by Vorel » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:41 pm

My "Sjach" (my "shadow" if you wanted it translated) is my beloved Loque'nahak. My very 1st spirit beast and definitely my "signature" pet/companion through various adventures. Even i am proud owner/befriended with all spirit beasts (and all are named and level capped - gosh i hate see people have spirit beasts unnamed and just use them as a PvP tool) my heart belongs to Sjach. I frequently go back to Zul'Drak and visit Har'koa, just to reassured her that her beloved consort is still at my side, protecting me, guiding me and watching always over me, through spirit world ( i tend to keep him with "spirit walk" on auto just for this reason). Even if i tend to cycle between the other 5s, always depending on the mood i am at the current moment, i simply cannot stay too long without Loque'nahak by my side again. I really wish to had a chance to bond in that manner with my other spirit friends, but seems that my heart was, is and always will belong to him.

side note: i believe i have such a crush on Loque'nahak mainly because he is labelled as "mate" of Har'koa, that i guess gives him a tiny bit more personality to my very eyes than a generic "spirit beast" tag... :oops:
thanks Loethlin for correcting me since English is not my native language
Last edited by Vorel on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Where many see wild beasts as enemies to be destroyed,I see valuable allies who have simply lost their way...

Loethlin
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Loethlin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:50 pm

Vorel wrote:such a crash
Crash versus crush.
Last edited by Mania on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited by Mania to remove image.

tactfullyArtisan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream US

Unread post by tactfullyArtisan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:17 pm

I'm going to have to go with the majority on this one and cast my vote with Loque'nahak. He was the whole reason I made my beloved little hunter in the first place - though I have come to love all the pets I've tamed dearly, my Loque'nahak Eskendal will always be my most favorite pet of all.
Karoma and Skoll are a close second though! I love wolves, and like people have said before, the Northrend worg model isn't all that appealing, but Skoll rocks that cobalt coloring. And I'd always heard stories about the Grimtotem Spirit guide, but I'd joined too late to actually get one, so when I heard about Karoma in Cataclysm I knew I had to have her.

But you can skyrocket away from me,
and never come back if you find another galaxy
far from here with more room to fly.
Just leave me your stardust to remember you by.

Avatar by Moonlost, sig by Ashaine.

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Loethlin wrote:
Vorel wrote:such a crash
Crash versus crush.

*snip grammar natzi*
\o/ Derailing but, if English is not your native language (like it's not mine) it's more the reason to try get better and practice you grammar, people appreciate and respect the effort you put into it. Most foreigners speaking english, have often got far better grammar than native speakers. And if you're native and making these mistakes, well.. Shame on you (I'm pretty bad with my mother language I have to admit. I like to write like I "talk" and it's pretty terrible).

Takila
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Takila » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:39 pm

Loque'nahak is my all time favorit pet regardles of family:p

Arcturis is a good second tho... and now spawn so i can tame you:p

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:12 pm

Loque by far. I absolutely adore the model and find it is the most gorgeous pet in WoW by far. Skoll comes in second, since I really love his colors and sounds.

Karoma I voted for #3, but I ddont consider Karoma a spirit beast. Having always owned the ghost wolf since 2.3, that model will always be ghost wolf XD

The other spirit beasts I just simply do not like. Arcturis scares me. Gondrias model annoys me. And well... ghostcrawler is a crab :( Even though I tamed him, I just never clicked with the crab. XD

Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:13 pm

I LOVE my Skoll to death I would never get ride of him in any way shape for form!

Blackthorne
Realm: US - Dragonblight

Unread post by Blackthorne » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:21 pm

I would have to say Loque is my fave, there's something about the vocal pets that I love. Skoll was my favorite before I found Loque though. These days I find myself using Karoma the most being one of the new "shiny" pets I guess. I really like Ghostcrawler too but man I lose sight of him in packs of mobs because hes so small and transparent lol. Gondria is very nice too and was actually my first Northrend rare that I tamed. Really there is only 1 Spiritbeast that I can't seem to click with and that's Arcturis, I have never liked bear pets tbh, their butts too big. :lol:

Shade
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:40 pm

Loque is my topmost SB, he's the reason I made a hunter when I started the game, specifically to tame him.

After that, Karoma and Gondria I think.

Lyiar
Realm: Shadowmoon

Unread post by Lyiar » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:49 pm

I can't decide. haha. So I just picked the three that looks the best.

Maybe Skoll. But I tend to use Gondria more.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:52 pm

My "favorite" is split between Karoma and Skoll, I think. I adore Karoma in every way. It's my favorite of the wolf models, and my favorite of the coyote skins. I just love her to bits!
However, I learned to adore Skoll, too. His model is my least favorite of the wolf models, but I somehow find him really appealing. That and he's taken the place of Favorite WoW RP Character for me. xD ((As my hunter's pet, of course, not as literal Skoll.))

I also voted for Arcturis, though he's not one of my top two, because I do love him too. I love all the detail put into him, from the swirls of brighter light on his body to the way his nostrils are lit up. He's not Karoma or Skoll though.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:35 am

I have 3 spirit beasts, Loque'nahak (Dreamer), Skoll (Reverie), and Gondria (Myst), but Skoll and Loque click with me in a way that poor Myst just can't. Maybe it's because I actually put some real time and effort into finding Dreamer and Reverie (over 3 months of constantly circling the Basin for Loque!), and that they came to me in such memorable ways -- Skoll after dreaming about him, and Loque on Christmas day -- while I just ran into Gondria and tamed her on a flaky whim. I also like the more solid forms for spirit beasts -- I'm still disappointed that both of the Cata ones are transparent.

Here's still hoping for a solid Raptor spirit beast for 4.1.0!

Edit: I just found Arcturis! So now I have all 4 Northrend spirit beasts! Loque and Skoll are still my favourites though.
Last edited by Cerah on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:47 am

Gondria!!! I've had her, Loque'nahak, and Arcturis. I released both her and Loque'nahak at one point or another before getting them back. Then I released Loque again because I just couldn't get into him like I thought I would. His model bothers me and to be honest, I think he's pretty darned ugly. But Gondria, I love her colors, I love her softer roar, I love her swirly mist stuff, and I love the model. :) She's my pretty girl and I'm hanging onto her for good.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.

Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:41 am

NerfBat (GC) is my favorite, also my only named spirit beast.

Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Unread post by Sherbe » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:40 am

I have tamed all Spirit beasts and released Skoll and Ghostcrawler. I really hate the northrend worg model and never could get really excited about GC. I'm contemplating on releasing Gondria, but she is so pretty-coloured... I love Arcturis, Loque and Karoma almost equally.

Loque (Haukea) has that awesome roar and he's not completely see-through like the rest, Arc is just adorable and I clicked with him, well her, since her new name is Gamma, instantly. Karoma (Dimecho) I didn't think I'd like, had already gotten every other rare except Madexx, was casually flying through TH and boom, figured why not, and he's been bonding great with me :)

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!

Summerhawk
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Summerhawk » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:09 am

I think my favorite has to be Gondria. I love her sounds and the model is one of my favorites, so the added 'pretty' of the coloring and glowing is wonderful. :D

After that, I adore Loque. Some of the model's flaws annoy me a bit, but I love his lore and he just seems to have a lot of personality. One of my goals is taming him again soon.

Third is probably Karoma. I'm currently hunting for that beauty. I've wanted a ghost wolf since I heard about being able to tame the Grimtotem Spirits. Unfortunately, I was just days from being able to grab one when they were made untameable. :(

The others...don't do much for me. I actually have Ghostcrawler, but he just doesn't really click with me. I keep him on principle, but I don't really feel a bond with him. Arcturis just bothers me for some reason with his fading backside. Skoll, the combination of the rather awkward-looking (to me) Saber-worg model and the constant 'zappy' noise he makes just annoys me. :oops:

Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:55 am

Skoll forever and ever. Was the first spirit beast I ever tamed, before I even knew what it was. My npcscan just picked him up and I was like WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Tamed, heartattacked, have tamed him and will tame him on all my hunters ever.

samaramon.com

My transmog, make-up and art blog!

Ara
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU, Kilrogg-EU

Unread post by Ara » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:48 am

Loq has always been one of my absolute favorite of the spirit beast family. He realy got a unique model and the roar he does when he charges makes you shiver of respect and fear. <3

Konor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garona

Unread post by Konor » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:08 pm

Loque is my favorite by far. I love his sleek skin and his sounds not to mention the time I put into him makes me very attached.

Tied for second is Karoma and Skoll. I can't decide which I like more! Both are beautiful and have lots of personality.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:55 pm

I only voted for Ghostcrawler. I don't actually like the look of Any of the spirit beast models, but since I wanted a pet with spirit mend, Ghostcrawler seemed the least objectionable. I've always been fond of crabs as hunter pets, so it's nice to finally have one that's useful :)