Need help finding a rare? Check here first!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Arisia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US (H)

Re: Need help finding a rare? Check here first!

Unread post by Arisia »

Black Madexx just tamed on Moon Guard US --8:00PM Server time

and saw Jadefang killed about 10 minutes earlier

hope this helps anyone waiting for a timer :D
Craich
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Craich »

Fast approaching hour 26 in the "quest" for Arcturis on Argent Dawn EU. Fortunately I know the kill time as a druid was kind enough to slay him for me whilst I was /afk getting coffee... they did offer an 'oops' and a 'sry' which was nice of them... :|
Craich
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Craich »

Just updating from my last post - Arcturis was spotted and tamed after 28hours and a bit... so either I missed a spawn time in the middle when I was offline for a little bit, or wacky timer spawns again.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Loque'nahak just tamed (12:45 EST) on Wyrmrest Accord US

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Jagden
Realm: Burning Blade

Unread post by Jagden »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Loque'nahak just tamed (12:45 EST) on Wyrmrest Accord US
Congrats! I'm still camping for mine (so far about 40 total hours). Basically my strat is camping the bottom three spawn points on my hunter and since my rogue has artisan flying I'll hop on him every 15-20 minutes or so and do a fly by of the other 4 spawn points. Also trying to find as much information as I can on sightings of any of the rares that spawn in SB. Hopefully I'll have him soon.

"I was born, a shotgun in my hands. Behind the gun, I'll make my final stand."

Jagden

Unread post by Jagden »

I finally got Loque'nahak. I woke up around 8:30 and he was chillin at a spawn point not far from where I camped last night. What's funny is I normally camp at a spawn point but last night I just randomly stopped between the spawn point south east of Nesingwary and the spawn point that's all the way to the west. Total time was approx 48 hours with sleep inbetween. Some information I gathered was: I heard of a Loque kill by a shaman at the Skyreach point at 12:00pm the first day (while I was camped out several hundred yards away) I heard nothing more about him that day. The next day I spent a considerable amount of time on my rogue doing a circuit of all the spawn points spamming a /tar macro I got off wowhead that plays a sound when he's targeted. Now it's possible that Loque was killed shortly before I logged on because I didn't leave the Basin at all. If he was killed before I logged on (which is the more likely option) that would put his spawn timer at as long as 24 hours since I tamed him this morning around 24 hours after I woke up yesterday. If it's the case that he did not spawn then his spawn timer could be much longer. Of course it could also be the case that the Sholazar Trio all share spawn timers because I had two confirmed King Krush kills the day before I tamed Loque. I also consider myself lucky because 20 min after I tamed him I spoke to a hunter that was looking for him and I kindly informed them I had just tamed him. All in all, if you're still searching don't give up cause he's exceeded my expectations so far.

Edit: Here's a picture. I thought the name Loque'nahak had a Native American ring to it so I wanted to keep that flavor and decided to name him Tsul'Kalu which is "the spirit of the hunt" in Cherokee mythology.
Edit 2: I love this pet. The unique sound he has to his growls alone makes it a fun pet to have but he looks amazing too. I've since changed his name to Meridian because I didn't like the way the previous name I chose looked without the apostrophe, didn't feel right. I would strongly encourage anyone camping this pet to not give up as he is totally worth the wait. He'll be the pet I use the most from now on. I tamed Gondria this morning but Loque truly is unique in every way.

"I was born, a shotgun in my hands. Behind the gun, I'll make my final stand."

Gundir
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Gundir »

Ahh i was just about to post the following "Hello everyone I'm new to these forums as I just recently reached 85 on my hunter... started doing some research and I really got into hunter pets and what I want... and within a matter of 3 days I've tamed Terrorpene, Gondria, Skoll, Sambas and Karoma.... My next target is Madexx! Preferably red but any color that isn't brown will suffice :D. I'm posting now to ask... does anyone have any suggestions as to where would be a really good spot to camp him? I've done circles around its small spawn area these past 4 days and Ive had no luck! Any tips/advice will be appreciated :D

Sincerely,
Di"

But right when I was about to press Enter a RED Madexx just spawned :D I'm pretty happy!
Tamed on Proudmoore (Horde) US
6/26/11 2:33pm Server :D
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Hi, guys! Anyone know the respawn timer (or a ballpark idea of) for the Silithid Harvester, the pretty purple and green one in the Southern Barrens near Desolation Hold? I'd like to get it for Alessira.
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Caelaza wrote:Hi, guys! Anyone know the respawn timer (or a ballpark idea of) for the Silithid Harvester, the pretty purple and green one in the Southern Barrens near Desolation Hold? I'd like to get it for Alessira.
Ballpark is probably around 4 hours, max. Probably more like 1 or 2. He's a low level rare and most of them have a very fast (compared to most rares) respawn time. So if he's not there, it should be a blissfully short wait/camp.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Awesome, thanks for the info. I read on WoWhead that for someone it took them up to 4 weeks of finding it, thus it had a super long spawn time. My first thought was, "Really?....Nooo." But I thought I'd check here first.
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Caelaza wrote:Awesome, thanks for the info. I read on WoWhead that for someone it took them up to 4 weeks of finding it, thus it had a super long spawn time. My first thought was, "Really?....Nooo." But I thought I'd check here first.
Many of the old world rares used to have ridiculous spawn timers, but they were all shortened dramatically after Cataclysm. I'm sure a lot of wowhead comments still reference the original timer, but as Kurasu said they should all be fairly quick now. :)
yozban
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by yozban »

here is my tip : If you have so many rares on your list to tame :o , the best way is to patrolling between their spawn locations . you are more likely to find one when you look after for many because they have separate spawn timers .
so more pets to look at the same time = more chance :ugeek: .

this method isn't the greatest for new rares that so many hunters camping for them but it's still a great way as I tamed purple spider and gem crab with the method . and that's only because you can use eagle's eye in molten front to see if the pet spawn in other locations or not . so more chance if you use the ability they made for a reason ! :lol:

anyway if you want the spirit owl you just have to camp . because that's the weakest rare in patch 4.2 and there are many other players that doing dailies so they will know before you know and they may kill/tame it if you don't camp .

and my last tip : always read about the pet you want to tame in http://www.thottbot.com , there might be a trick you may need to know in order to tame the beast or a way for faster finding and taming the pet .

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Rock on fellow hunters :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
yozban
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by yozban »

Vephriel wrote:
Caelaza wrote:Awesome, thanks for the info. I read on WoWhead that for someone it took them up to 4 weeks of finding it, thus it had a super long spawn time. My first thought was, "Really?....Nooo." But I thought I'd check here first.
Many of the old world rares used to have ridiculous spawn timers, but they were all shortened dramatically after Cataclysm. I'm sure a lot of wowhead comments still reference the original timer, but as Kurasu said they should all be fairly quick now. :)
yeah I confirm this as I abandoned Olm the wise 3 times and re tame it easily as she is always there flying in felwood .
Nanluin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Nanluin »

Vephriel wrote:Many of the old world rares used to have ridiculous spawn timers, but they were all shortened dramatically after Cataclysm. I'm sure a lot of wowhead comments still reference the original timer, but as Kurasu said they should all be fairly quick now. :)
When I rejoined the game post-Cataclysm, I went on a "25-stable-slot glee spree" hunting those unique-skinned rares I'd never had room for previously. I found Ashtail, Duskstalker, Shadowclaw, Olm the Wise, Old Cliff Jumper, Deathmaw, etc., all pretty easy to find and pick up, usually on the first flyover of their paths/spawn points. The spree was so successful, in fact, that I've had to let some go again, in order to make room for the newer, flashier models that are harder to hunt (WotLK, Cata, and 4.2).

As a long-time beastmaster soloist, I have a particular fondness for the unique-skinned rare tenacity pets, and Bailey (my Silithid Harvester beetle) remains a soloing favorite, especially in the areas where my Terrorpene or Karkin will set off folk's NPCScan alarms. It took a Saturday of periodically checking his spawn point, but he was relatively easy to pick up. Note that I found him a bit to the west of his Wowhead spawn location, but still within targeting macro range.

Note too that if you want to use NPCScan to find any of these old-world rares, you'll need to input their NPC ID's manually into the add-on's "Search" options, obtained either from the Petopia Unique Rare Pets page or from the Wowhead URL for that particular mob (the end of the URL will say "/npc=#####", where the ##### is the ID number.

Good luck, and happy hunting,

-- Nanluin
Roxhunt
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Roxhunt »

Another addon is Silverdragon. It will go off for any rare elite including the old world ones. You can run it and NPC at the same time. The only thing I have noticed about Silverdragon though is it will sometimes cause you to start having issues if you leave the name tag up for extended periods of time so if it goes off and is not the rare you want, close out the name tag asap. Also, it does not have a cache you have to clear, which is nice too. :P
Griffindude
Realm: Nazgrel

Unread post by Griffindude »

Im trying to find a good rare tanking pet in outland and i cant decide witch one.
IrishCal24
Realm: Spinebreaker

Unread post by IrishCal24 »

Skoll just tamed at 9:46 AM realm time on Spinebreaker US. Hope this help someone with the spawn timer!
dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: ghostlands

Unread post by dragonaa »

im looking for the evalcharr and i dont really know his spawn timer i had him and got rid of him recently right now i have a open ticket and im looking for him at the same time any1 know his spawn timer?
Nanluin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Nanluin »

Griffindude wrote:Im trying to find a good rare tanking pet in outland and i cant decide witch one.
This feels like a bit of a trick question. Rare Tenacity (tanking) pets are in the minority, and the unique-skinned ones amount to just a few (7 total, 9 if you count Madexx's colors individually). The Burning Crusade (Outland) did introduce one rare Tenacity crocolisk (Goretooth, 65 Rare, Nagrand), but he's got a pretty common skin. The only unique-skinned rare in Outland is Nuramoc, a level 69-70 Rare Chimaera (an exotic Cunning pet) in Netherstorm.

If you're looking for a unique-skinned rare Tenacity pet to take you through the Outlands whilst leveling 58-68, then I'd go with one of the Azeroth ones you can tame: the Silithid Harvester (beetle), Uhk'loc (gorilla), or Grubthor (worm)...or all three for variety. The beetle has a shell hardening ability that it deploys when it gets low on health (good for those long, multiple add or elite fights); the gorilla has a caster-interrupting Pummel ability; and the worm has a ranged (Acid Spit) attack; but other-wise, with 'modern' pet normalization, the differences between them are slight.

You don't find your next unique-skinned rare Tenacity pets until you reach Terrorpene at level 82 (Mt. Hyjal), then Madexx at 84 (Uldum), Jadefang at 85 (Deepholm), and finally Karkin when you daily quest your way into the Molten Front.

-- Nanluin
Masquerain
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Masquerain »

Nanluin wrote:
Griffindude wrote:If you're looking for a unique-skinned rare Tenacity pet to take you through the Outlands whilst leveling 58-68, then I'd go with one of the Azeroth ones you can tame: the Silithid Harvester (beetle), Uhk'loc (gorilla), or Grubthor (worm)...or all three for variety.
Worms are exotics, so you can't tame them until level 72 if you're a Beast Master. :(