Need help finding a rare? Check here first!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Need help finding a rare? Check here first!

Unread post by Teigan »

Vephriel wrote:
Teigan wrote:Anyone around alliance, NA server who could pull me to a low-pop server to look for Loque? I find that I need to have Loque with his proper name
The only Alliance alt I have is on a high pop realm, but I'm gonna go take a look anyways. :D

EDIT: No luck, and saw some campers, but I'll keep an eye out
Thank you! But, you must have sent some luck my way, because I ran into another hunter who was looking and we were able to help each other out :)

Now, to see about Ban'thalos!

Edit: Clearly, the RNG gods are with me tonight. Owl accomplished :D
Firstborn Dragon
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Firstborn Dragon »

Anyone have any hints to find Trigore the Lasher? I have spent over a week trying to tame and yet never see him.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

It's easiest when there's a few other people who can check for you too, since your hunter can only check 2 shards (WM on and WM off). If you don't feel comfortable posting your battletag here, you can make sure you're logged into the petopia forum whenever you're in game, so that people can PM you. Or have a group listed, with an obvious name, like "LF Trigore, petopia", so other forum users can whisper you in game if they see it. I see Lupre-Shadow Council is alliance US, which most of my toons are too, so I'll keep a lookout.

for anyone who wants to help, it's not too far out of the way if you have a minute or so. The rare spawns inside the Wailing Caverns, just outside the instance entrance. You don't have to go into the caves to check, though. Starting from Boralus (or anywhere Manapoof is, if you do battle pet dungeons), take the port to wailing caverns, fly outside to 43.0 65.0. /tar Trigore should target the rare, if it's up, because it works for the deviate lurkers, which are right next to where it spawns. If you're in WM ON, you can fly to the inn in Honor's Stand to toggle it off. If you have multiple toons you're checking on, you can check to see if your characters are in the same shard as each other, and save time from checking. You can do this by having a macro:

Code: Select all

/stopmacro [noexists]
/run print(strmatch(UnitGUID("target"),"-(%d*)-%d*-%x*$"))
if you're targeting an npc, it will print out an id number for the shard you're in. Kind of. Multiple shards can have the same id number, and its a different number for different zones, even if you didn't actively change shards through groupfinder/WM toggling/etc. But it can save time when you're camping rares.

Some realms are better for rare spawns than others, or at least they have been. RP realms don't (or haven't or are less likely to) be clumped with non-RP realms, and Spanish language and Portuguese language realms aren't clumped with English language realms.
Firstborn Dragon
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Firstborn Dragon »

Xota wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:14 am It's easiest when there's a few other people who can check for you too, since your hunter can only check 2 shards (WM on and WM off). If you don't feel comfortable posting your battletag here, you can make sure you're logged into the petopia forum whenever you're in game, so that people can PM you. Or have a group listed, with an obvious name, like "LF Trigore, petopia", so other forum users can whisper you in game if they see it. I see Lupre-Shadow Council is alliance US, which most of my toons are too, so I'll keep a lookout.

for anyone who wants to help, it's not too far out of the way if you have a minute or so. The rare spawns inside the Wailing Caverns, just outside the instance entrance. You don't have to go into the caves to check, though. Starting from Boralus (or anywhere Manapoof is, if you do battle pet dungeons), take the port to wailing caverns, fly outside to 43.0 65.0. /tar Trigore should target the rare, if it's up, because it works for the deviate lurkers, which are right next to where it spawns. If you're in WM ON, you can fly to the inn in Honor's Stand to toggle it off. If you have multiple toons you're checking on, you can check to see if your characters are in the same shard as each other, and save time from checking. You can do this by having a macro:

Code: Select all

/stopmacro [noexists]
/run print(strmatch(UnitGUID("target"),"-(%d*)-%d*-%x*$"))
if you're targeting an npc, it will print out an id number for the shard you're in. Kind of. Multiple shards can have the same id number, and its a different number for different zones, even if you didn't actively change shards through groupfinder/WM toggling/etc. But it can save time when you're camping rares.

Some realms are better for rare spawns than others, or at least they have been. RP realms don't (or haven't or are less likely to) be clumped with non-RP realms, and Spanish language and Portuguese language realms aren't clumped with English language realms.
Thanks for the suggestion. Logged in today though and he was up. Makes me happy I FINALLY got one after months of trying.
Isabeau
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Isabeau »

I've been looking for Loquenahak for months :( I am getting so frustrated and sad.

Im Blasphemie#1367 alliance
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Noguchi »

Isabeau wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:11 am I've been looking for Loquenahak for months :( I am getting so frustrated and sad.

Im Blasphemie#1367 alliance
Before the server merges i use to see him all the time because i was on a low pop server. I still see him occasionally but not as much. It also used to be easier when you could use trial characters on other servers to hunt with but since Blizzard hasnt figured out how to fix the glitch with them they are no longer useful in that regard. Its also doesnt help that once they expanded the stable slots there has been more hunting going on.
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

Desperate beyond desperate to tame Rei Lun, the heavenly azure cloud serpent. If anyone can help me, I'd be so, so grateful. I even begged our dear muffin to put this skin in somewhere else. I only need one tame, I don't want him twice.
Forgot to add: US servers, Horde

BTag: Cozzene#1595
lymang
Realm: Alexstrasza-US

Unread post by lymang »

Loquenahak is up on US-Ravenholdt. I am on my druid here in Sholazar for something else. Badrobot#1306. it's 4:18Pm EST 13MAR21.

Edit: 70, 70 location
2nd Edit: grats to Diarmad-BlackDragonFlight who popped in to a custom group I made and got the tame.
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Noguchi »

Yea, ever since the server merge Loque hasnt been seen that much. But, back when i was on a busier server (before the merge) i generally found Loque in the morning hours of 2-4am Est. Its really just by luck though as he is generally hunted a lot.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Sitting in Molten Front looking for Kirix as usual not up because of the 15 minute thing and so am wondering does anyone have it up on another realm that may still have Molten Front active.
smashfanDS
Realm: EU - Silvermoon

Unread post by smashfanDS »

Any elite/rares else than Sligu and Forgotten Gryphon that are tamable only while leveling up in Dragonflight?
Rabenschrey
Realm: EU-Thrall

Unread post by Rabenschrey »

I'm standing in front of Loque'nahak if someone needs him. EU-Thrall, name is Rabenschrey. I'm waiting for five Minutes.

Rabenschrey

I don't know where to put this, but the oracle daily "A Cleansing Song" is up (at least on EU) and i tamed "Spirit of Atha". Keeps its look and name!
According to wowhead this quest is pretty rare, so i'm happy it's up today 8-)

https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=29033

Good luck hunting!

PS: The cat is "Humar the Pride Lord". Echeyakee is sleeping right now :)
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Has anyone had any luck lately in finding/taming the Corrupted Shalewing? It seems that, on my realm at least, the Researcher event with the corrupted beasts hasn't been happening for weeks. I'm wondering if it's just bad RNG or something. There also seem to be fewer and fewer people doing the event, so just getting to the phase where beasts could potentially appear becomes less likely.
Thornberry
Realm: Stormrage-US Illidan-US

Unread post by Thornberry »

Was wondering if you need to complete a quest chain to get Biryuk to spawn in Ohn'Ahran Plains. Wowhead and a youtube mention something about it but don't go into detail.
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

No, I assure you not. My hunter, without having completed a single mission on the plains, tames the dog Rare.

Although it sounds to me that if you have completed Baine's quest, the dog is moved outside the camp.

Edit: yes, according to wowhead, if you completed Baine's quest chain, the dog spawn moves to coordinates /way #2023 73.8 56.0
Thornberry
Realm: Stormrage-US Illidan-US

Unread post by Thornberry »

Tsukina wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:06 am No, I assure you not. My hunter, without having completed a single mission on the plains, tames the dog Rare.

Although it sounds to me that if you have completed Baine's quest, the dog is moved outside the camp.

Edit: yes, according to wowhead, if you completed Baine's quest chain, the dog spawn moves to coordinates /way #2023 73.8 56.0

Today was a lucky day for me. Got him on two of my hunters and then I switched War Mode on and got it a second time for my Hunter I PvP on.
Rabenschrey

FINALLY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS! I'M SO FREAKIN' HAPPY!!!!

Rabenschrey

@Wain - Doesn't know where to put this so i hope you see it. Killclaw the Terrible doesn't keep its name anymore after taming on Exile's reach. Just started a new hunter on a RP Server and its just named as "Bear" :(

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Rabenschrey wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:46 pm FINALLY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS! I'M SO FREAKIN' HAPPY!!!!

GRATZ !!! I still need it :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig