Need help finding a rare? Check here first!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Re: Need help finding a rare? Check here first!

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Looking for Trigore on my Panda hunter Horde side Iowawolf#1653 if you see him I have them camping at the spot.
Ashelotte
Realm: Ravencrest

Unread post by Ashelotte »

I'm currently looking for Skoll. Ashelotte#1217 Alliance. I'd appreciate any help. Thank you :D
Artyrius
Realm: Terenas, Anvilmar

Unread post by Artyrius »

Does anyone know of a timer that will tell you when a rare has been slain and when it will respawn? I know of the one for timeless, was just wondering if there was one that tells you for anywhere.
candycoated
Realm: Dath'Remar (Alliance)

Unread post by candycoated »

Looking for Sunwing on US-Oceanic realms, Alliance side. Been looking for him for a week and he's never there but I guess this is karma for killing him on low level alts >_<

Edit: Just got him on my realm! Petopia really is good luck :)
Artyrius wrote:Does anyone know of a timer that will tell you when a rare has been slain and when it will respawn? I know of the one for timeless, was just wondering if there was one that tells you for anywhere.
As far as I know, there's no way to track that except to find out a specific rare spawn's timer by asking people who have camped or recently tamed it. If there was one, Blizzard would intentionally break an addon like that as it makes the rares less rare if people know exactly when it's going to spawn. Timeless Isle is a little different as most of those rares have around an hour timer and they've made a bit of a game out of farming them for the Bigger Bag items. Your best bet is to search wowhead.com and look through the comments for the rare you're after. Some of them have quite short spawns while others have very long ones which make them a bit harder to camp if you don't have 10+ hours to devote to sitting at your computer >_<
LadyValkyrie

Unread post by LadyValkyrie »

Big thanks to Xenaswolf, for the help. Made those long hours of camping worth it. So there is hope after all lol
Last edited by LadyValkyrie on Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

LadyValkyrie wrote:Any hope at all now with finding Loque with crz and connected realms? Been searching for a long time, and can never find him. Keep losing out, due to him spawning elsewhere.
I have had decent luck finding Loque on my realm of Blackwater Raiders and though we are connected to Shadow Council there really aren't that many camping him a lot but on the other hand I am now camping him on my new realm of Garrosh and that is more a pain they are connected to as many as three realms.

Just keep trying also I can put something in here next time I see him up in hopes you may be as well if you want my battle tag is Iowawolf#1653 if you wish to add me doe when I do find him.
LadyValkyrie

Unread post by LadyValkyrie »

Xenaswolf wrote:
LadyValkyrie wrote:Any hope at all now with finding Loque with crz and connected realms? Been searching for a long time, and can never find him. Keep losing out, due to him spawning elsewhere.
I have had decent luck finding Loque on my realm of Blackwater Raiders and though we are connected to Shadow Council there really aren't that many camping him a lot but on the other hand I am now camping him on my new realm of Garrosh and that is more a pain they are connected to as many as three realms.

Just keep trying also I can put something in here next time I see him up in hopes you may be as well if you want my battle tag is Iowawolf#1653 if you wish to add me doe when I do find him.
Last edited by LadyValkyrie on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
daethos27
Realm: Vek'Nilash

Unread post by daethos27 »

Hi everyone. I've been trying to find Loque'Nahak for a long time. After reading this forums for the last few weeks, hoping to get some advice, or just luck, I finally created an account to post for help.

If anyone happens across Loque, I would appreciate the opportunity to tame. My battletag is zeta#1225.

Thank you!
Adulara
Realm: EU- Aman´thul

Unread post by Adulara »

daethos27 wrote:Hi everyone. I've been trying to find Loque'Nahak for a long time. After reading this forums for the last few weeks, hoping to get some advice, or just luck, I finally created an account to post for help.

If anyone happens across Loque, I would appreciate the opportunity to tame. My battletag is zeta#1225.

Thank you!
Maybe this helps a bit :)
Me and my Husband ( he also has a Hunter ) we both found our Loque'Nahak, when we have been online early in the Morning ( 7 am )
Usually the Servers are not that full at this Time. Maybe u try to check for Loque'Nahak in the early Morning Hours if u have the Chance :)
Im on an european Server and im not able to help ya. I would love to.
I keep my Fingers crossed for you, dont give up. :)
Jared

Unread post by Jared »

I'm looking for Terrorpene on the Undermine server. He will match my Magnificent transmog outfit perfectly. We are connected with Anvilmar. I had an easier time finding him when we are limited to our own servers. I've been realm hopping my boots off and still haven't found him. Btag JaredKorry#1232
Death_Dino
Realm: A lot of realms o.o

Unread post by Death_Dino »

For some reason I continue happening upon the Twilight Highlands rares..
So if you want Karoma or Samabas my Btag is DeathDino430#1561 :D
THE UNDEPASS HAS BEEN RAIDED BY DEMENTORS O NOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm literally going to crap a castle if I have to endure any more of this lameness!. -Harry Potter

I'M DISSAPOINTED IN U DERPYKERPY I HAD AN INTERVIEW 2 DAY AND THEY TOLD ME I WAS THE FATTEST CHICK THEYVE SEEN!
-Sir Topham Fat
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I suppose I should mention I am looking for King Krush and have had very little luck on my server. Battletag is Aleu#1262 should anyone manage to spot that giant Yoshi. Horde side.

Well damn, Petopia really is good luck. I just found him. 8D

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Isabeau
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Isabeau »

I really would love Loque'Nahak. He is by far my favorite kitty and I have had zero luck finding him. There always seems to be 5 other hunters in the area camping :(

Does anyone have any tips?

I was reading on wowhead that some ppl use addons to find random groups on other realms and join/go to other realm and keep repeating that until they find him. Has anyone tried that?
Cassith
Realm: Drenden

Unread post by Cassith »

Isabeau wrote:I really would love Loque'Nahak. He is by far my favorite kitty and I have had zero luck finding him. There always seems to be 5 other hunters in the area camping :(

I was reading on wowhead that some ppl use addons to find random groups on other realms and join/go to other realm and keep repeating that until they find him. Has anyone tried that?
I got very lucky and got Loque after only one day of camping (around 10 hours). I flew around the spawn points and realm hopped now and then, and there were a lot of other hunters around. Ultimately I got lazy and just camped out at one of his spawn points and used a macro that targets the rare and then whispers you so it makes a sound (since NPC Scan doesn't work on the older mobs anymore). I was actually watching videos on youtube and just spamming the macro in the background and bam, Loque spawned right in front of me.

So I would say pick one spawn point (or a couple that are close together, or get a friend to squat for you too!), ask on general every now and then if anyone knows when he was last seen and ask other campers to notify general if they get him, and just sit there while doing something other than Warcraft. I actually got Skoll because another hunter who already had him had seen my comments in General and whispered me when he saw him spawn. So it's a good idea to be communicative and let people know you're looking for him, you'll be surprised how people will bond over trials like these. XD You can check other points or realms if you want but I wouldn't bother with a point if someone is already there camping (and it's kind of rude; I've had opposite-faction hunters come in and lay down traps when I am obviously camping and was there first, it drives me a little crazy). And definitely use a macro because you can't just watch the screen continuously or you'll go crazy; I wouldn't have noticed him spawning if not for the sound! This is the macro I used (replace YourCharName with your character's name):

Code: Select all

/tar Loque'nahak
/stopmacro [noexists]
/cast Tame Beast
/w YourCharName >>%T<<
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\interface\\RaidWarning.ogg")
You don't need an addon to realm hop (though it makes it easier). Just open Group Finder and select custom. I only use groups that say they're for hopping or garrisons so you're not inconveniencing a quest/raid/whatever party.

Good luck!!!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Alright, Ban'thalos is being completely elusive. I'm trying to find him for one of my hunters. If anyone happens to see him give me a shout, or maybe just posting here will give me some luck tonight. :lol:
javierdiaz14048
Realm: Eredar

Unread post by javierdiaz14048 »

Cassith wrote:
Isabeau wrote:I really would love Loque'Nahak. He is by far my favorite kitty and I have had zero luck finding him. There always seems to be 5 other hunters in the area camping :(

I got very lucky and got Loque after only one day of camping (around 10 hours). I flew around the spawn points and realm hopped now and then, and there were a lot of other hunters around. Ultimately I got lazy and just camped out at one of his spawn points and used a macro that targets the rare and then whispers you so it makes a sound (since NPC Scan doesn't work on the older mobs anymore). I was actually watching videos on youtube and just spamming the macro in the background and bam, Loque spawned right in front of me.

So I would say pick one spawn point (or a couple that are close together, or get a friend to squat for you too!), ask on general every now and then if anyone knows when he was last seen and ask other campers to notify general if they get him, and just sit there while doing something other than Warcraft. I actually got Skoll because another hunter who already had him had seen my comments in General and whispered me when he saw him spawn. So it's a good idea to be communicative and let people know you're looking for him, you'll be surprised how people will bond over trials like these. XD You can check other points or realms if you want but I wouldn't bother with a point if someone is already there camping (and it's kind of rude; I've had opposite-faction hunters come in and lay down traps when I am obviously camping and was there first, it drives me a little crazy). And definitely use a macro because you can't just watch the screen continuously or you'll go crazy; I wouldn't have noticed him spawning if not for the sound! This is the macro I used (replace YourCharName with your character's name):

/tar Loque'nahak
/stopmacro [noexists]
/cast Tame Beast
/w YourCharName >>%T<<
You don't need an addon to realm hop (though it makes it easier). Just open Group Finder and select custom. I only use groups that say they're for hopping or garrisons so you're not inconveniencing a quest/raid/whatever party.

Good luck!!!

There's any way to find out what was the last kill or close? need help
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I am trying to find Aotona on my dwarf hunter if anyone has seen her or knows the spawn time would be grateful.

Either this site is indeed really lucky or I was cause last night on a whim I logged on my dwarf to find Aotona attacking me so now I got my bird.
Rune
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Rune »

Cassith wrote:This is the macro I used (replace YourCharName with your character's name):

/tar Loque'nahak
/stopmacro [noexists]
/cast Tame Beast
/w YourCharName >>%T<<

Good luck!!!
Thank you so much for that macro and the advice on realm hopping; I just decided to finally try realm hopping in my pursuit of Skoll and gave that macro a shot. Sure enough, I visit the last of the three spawn points, hear the noise and "I can't do that.", and there he was. One very panicked landing later, I now have him for both my Ally and Horde hunters!
Dreamcatcher
Realm: (EU) Eitrigg - (EU) Vol'jin

Unread post by Dreamcatcher »

Hi, I would like to know if the Brilliant Macaw http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/parrotskinlavender.html is still a possible spawn inside the Deadmines ? I only find people talking about it until 2014, nothing after, so I was wondering if it's still in the game. I found the Albinos twice (more or less 50 runs), but not the Brilliant.

Thanks !
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Hello Dreamcatcher & welcome to the site!!!!! Last I looked the Brilliant Macaw was still in the deadmines but just very rarely spawned.
If you're high enough level you can farm the Deadmines till it spawns OR have some other high level friends clear every thing for you on multiple runs till it spawns.
What server are you on?

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!