Need help finding a rare? Check here first!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Dreamcatcher
Realm: (EU) Eitrigg - (EU) Vol'jin

Re: Need help finding a rare? Check here first!

Unread post by Dreamcatcher »

Hi ! I'm 100, i clean the instance in 5mn, but I'm close to the 50 runs and i really was starting to think it was not more in the game ! I'm on Eitrigg =) is it better to do the instance in hero or normal mode ? Thanks for the welcome =) I'm going to make some runs right now ^^
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Normal/heroic doesn't matter, it just sounds like RNG is hating you. I've seen it once or twice on lowbies in recent memory...and grimaced as the mob of speed-dungeoning lowbies I'm with murdered it in the face without looking twice.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Dreamcatcher

Thanks for your answer, at last it's still in the game =) I'm going to do some offerings to the RNG gods and godesses, and I'll let you know when i manage to tame this beauty.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I want to say when my goblin went after this bird she put in around 60-70 runs before the bird showed. I've heard some nab it in one. Others. Not so lucky. Fingers crossed it spawns for you.
Also may be worth trying a cross realm group with a friend and see if that improves your luck.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Dreamcatcher

Thanks for your fingers crossed ... FINALLY the lovely bird spawned, normal mode, BM spec, took me like 80 runs, saw the albinos 8 times ... 80 runs / 8 albinos / 1 brilliant. I'm a happy hunter, happy happy, happy ^^
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Huzzah for birdie obtained! :hug:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

datgrl
Realm: Alexstrasza

Re: Need suggestions for Arcturis

Unread post by datgrl »

I tried searching through the various threads, even doing advanced search and didn't see any posts related to Arcturis. I've been trying to tame this guy for years, since Wrath, with no luck. Usually, I dedicate a weekend every few months. I've tried several different methods. The long term camp where you just afk and wait for 6-8 hours doing other things. I was at home recuperating from surgery at the time. The intermittent long term camp where you camp for 2 or so hours and log in/out periodically. And the 'login at 55 on the hour', realm hopping.

When I'm realm hopping, if I see someone is already there, I don't stay. I saw this strategy on wowhead. Someone from Russia had posted a video, so I guess it works - at least for them it did. And there are 2-3 comments supporting the method. But I don't see a lot available groups in the LFG tool. Do you all have any other suggestions for this tame?

(edit to update tame info)

So, after 4 days of on/off camping on the hour, I showed up and soon after so did a Horde hunter. He had a bunch of his friends with him. He btagged a freiend request so he could talk. After talking a bit, he asked me to leave. I found a LFG Garrison group and luckily, no one was at Grizzly Hills. While I was there, he tamed the bear. 7/4/16 3 p.m his server/2 p.m. my server.

So, does this mean that I could login 12 hours later today and the bear might be up? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Merduin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream

Re: Need suggestions for Arcturis

Unread post by Merduin »

datgrl wrote:I tried searching through the various threads, even doing advanced search and didn't see any posts related to Arcturis. I've been trying to tame this guy for years, since Wrath, with no luck. Usually, I dedicate a weekend every few months. I've tried several different methods. The long term camp where you just afk and wait for 6-8 hours doing other things. I was at home recuperating from surgery at the time. The intermittent long term camp where you camp for 2 or so hours and log in/out periodically. And the 'login at 55 on the hour', realm hopping.

When I'm realm hopping, if I see someone is already there, I don't stay. I saw this strategy on wowhead. Someone from Russia had posted a video, so I guess it works - at least for them it did. And there are 2-3 comments supporting the method. But I don't see a lot available groups in the LFG tool. Do you all have any other suggestions for this tame?

(edit to update tame info)

So, after 4 days of on/off camping on the hour, I showed up and soon after so did a Horde hunter. He had a bunch of his friends with him. He btagged a freiend request so he could talk. After talking a bit, he asked me to leave. I found a LFG Garrison group and luckily, no one was at Grizzly Hills. While I was there, he tamed the bear. 7/4/16 3 p.m his server/2 p.m. my server.

So, does this mean that I could login 12 hours later today and the bear might be up? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Maybe ... maybe not.

I've gotten Arcturis. Some thoughts for getting him:
1) Best advice I can give is to just camp and not AFK unless you have too ... for biological reasons. :-) I believe his respawn is somewhere between 9 and 12 hours. I showed up, had no idea when his last spawn was, but was committed to staying until I got him ... sat for 7.5 hours ... and got him.
2) Another tip ... see if you can makes friends with someone on an RP or RPPVP server, who also works from home. I know it's a bit of a needle in a haystack ... but they exist (cough, cough). Server CRZ is max limited based on server type (PVE, PVP, RP, RPPVP) and those last two have significantly lower overall populations to compete against (also a good strategy for downing the TLPD ... just saying).
3) Another tip is to politely but simply ignore other people asking you to leave. You have just as much right to be there as they do. If they go away ... stand right where he spawns (just like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4PiTOGHDQc) ... and claim your territory. I've seen people come and go several times during my camping stretches (not just for Arcturis) ... persistence is what wins ... over time. Most people just fall off when they get bored. Don't be that hunter. Stay committed to your goal and he'll be yours.

Good Luck.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Anyone happen to remember the respawn timer of Sambas? I've made the bad decision of trying to get him for one of my ally hunters. ._.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Ellonna
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by Ellonna »

I haven't posted on here in forever, but I recently just started playing again and I'm on Ravenholdt, which is an RPPVP server. I'm Horde but willing to help either faction, if you add my RealID (Poros#1412) and just let me know what you are looking for, I can do my best to check for you!
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

Aleu wrote:Anyone happen to remember the respawn timer of Sambas? I've made the bad decision of trying to get him for one of my ally hunters. ._.
^ Still looking for this lion. Aleu#1262, alliance side if anyone happens to spot him around.

{Flight Rising}

Ellonna

Unread post by Ellonna »

Aleu wrote:
Aleu wrote:Anyone happen to remember the respawn timer of Sambas? I've made the bad decision of trying to get him for one of my ally hunters. ._.
^ Still looking for this lion. Aleu#1262, alliance side if anyone happens to spot him around.
I just sent you a friend request because he is currently up on my server, but I don't have a level 100 Alliance. Maybe we can find a way, though.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Looking for Loque on Alliance. If you spot him, feel free to add me: Kanagosa#1596

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

Ellonna wrote:
Aleu wrote:
I just sent you a friend request because he is currently up on my server, but I don't have a level 100 Alliance. Maybe we can find a way, though.
If you have a alliance toon that can enter the Twilight Highlands I believe I can still phase over to your realm (If they did away with the phasing to the highest member in the party). Regardless, thanks for keeping an eyes out. :3

{Flight Rising}

Ellonna

Unread post by Ellonna »

I don't have one, and it seems someone tamed or killed him today, but next time I see him if you're online I'll try to find someone Alliance side to help us out for a couple minutes.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Frisk wrote:Looking for Loque on Alliance. If you spot him, feel free to add me: Kanagosa#1596
Still looking

LisaaraPokefarm

Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

Any help finding Trigore the Lasher would be great. My bnet tag is clayford2211#1885
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Frisk wrote:
Frisk wrote:Looking for Loque on Alliance. If you spot him, feel free to add me: Kanagosa#1596
Still looking

LisaaraPokefarm

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

Aleu wrote:
Stiiill looking. I took a break to level up a bit, but I am still interested in getting him.

{Flight Rising}

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Frisk wrote:
Frisk wrote:
Still looking
Loque needs to come home. ;-;

LisaaraPokefarm